News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Hendrick probably told France he would not run next year in Cup if they didn't put Gordon in the Chase.

JB400

Quote from: A383Wing on September 13, 2013, 06:28:00 PM
Hendrick probably told France he would not run next year in Cup if they didn't put Gordon in the Chase.
There's too much money at stake for Hendrick to even propose that idea.

New revisions in the spotters' areas:

Initial officiating revisions that were announced and will take effect Sunday are:

�Spotters only on spotters' stand (one per team)

�Spotters' stand limits: Two analog radios, scanners, Fan Views

�Video camera will be installed on spotters' stand

TruckDriver

If you got Facebook, and love the older Nascar cars, I found a new group for just that. It also covers ASA and USAC. I like it. A lot of cool photos are getting posted in it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/When.Racing.Was.Racing/
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Budnicks

The rules fudge, exemption, change or what ever they want to justify it as, just to let whiner Jeff Gordon  :angel: & Ryan Newman {who I like actually} in to the Chase Championship Points Race, almost any other teams it would have just bee, tough chit !! when they didn't make it in points or enough wins to qualify for the tie breakers  :hah:  is complete & total BS...  IMHFO it also makes NASCAR even that much more irrelevant anymore... If it was a Hendricks team guy instead of Clint Bowyer that purposely spun, to benefit their team Hendrick's teams mates, nothing would have been done "at all", the grand kissing Hendrick's teams arses & the lame NASCAR Points Penalties or Lack of in Hendrick's teams cases "Hypocrisy"  :brickwall: ... I know quite a few other like me, long time racing in-general & also NASCAR fans, that will soon not even be watching or even be a fan anymore, it's becoming ridiculous lately... Does Hendrick's team, have photos of the France family screwing a family of sheep or something ??...LOL... I'm sure this has been covered already, but I needed to vent...  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on September 10, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
I think this is a good example of where sponcers and multi car teams have to much power over the drivers and teams. 
:2thumbs: yep too much influences IMHFO anyway

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2013, 04:08:25 PM
If Nascar would drop the Chase, they probably wouldn't have this problem
:2thumbs: Bingo we have a winner  :cheers:

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 13, 2013, 06:15:12 PM
Nascar was looking at penalizing MWR as a whole, not just a particular driver.  Because Gordon suffered due to the actions of Bowyer, which coincided with the actions of the spotter of the 55, France obviously thought that to be fair, Gordon should be in as well as Newman.  Being that Newman was allowed in because of the penalty, it was the right thing to do to put Gordon in.  I don't see what the hubbub is all about, Gordon doesn't seem Championship caliber this year anyway.  He just gets mentioned on tv a little bit more. :rofl:
IMHFO he didn't earn the right to be there or actually race his way into a spot...  :Twocents:

JB400

Gordon was in the spot until Bowyer spun it.

Montoya is out of Nascar.  He's racing for Penske in the Indy car series next year.   :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

A383Wing

good..let him go...hope he never comes back to Nascar

there's a few other drivers that need to go away also...but that's another story

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

NAPA dropping Waltrip after Richmond scandal

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/napa-leaving-waltrip-richmond-scandal-140926375--nascar.html

"NAPA Auto Parts said Thursday it is dropping Michael Waltrip Racing at the end of the year in the fallout of the team's attempt to manipulate a race to get Martin Truex Jr. into NASCAR's version of the playoffs.

Napa is Truex's primary sponsor and in the first year of a three-year extension announced last August. The deal ran through the 2015 season.

''NAPA believes in fair play and does not condone actions such as those that led to the penalties assessed by NASCAR,'' NAPA said in a statement. ''We remain supportive of the millions of NASCAR fans and will evaluate our future position in motorsports.''

The company issued a harsh rebuke of MWR last week after NASCAR sanctioned the organization for its shenanigans in the Sept. 7 race at Richmond. MWR was punished for deliberately manipulating the outcome of the race in an attempt to get Truex into the 12-driver Chase for the Sprint Cup championship field.

NASCAR took the unprecedented step of kicking Truex out of the Chase in favor of Ryan Newman, who would have made it into the field instead of Truex before the MWR manipulations began with seven laps remaining at Richmond. MWR was also fined $300,000, general manager Ty Norris was suspended indefinitely and all three crew chiefs for its drivers were placed on probation for the rest of the year."

MORE TO READ ON THE LINK
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

I wonder who's next :scratchchin: 5 hour energy?

Aero426

Wow.    There must have been an ethics clause that allows NAPA to get out of the contract.      That is a big hit for MWR.    

I am surprised that NAPA took it that far as Truex is the face of the brand and he had nothing to do with the situation. 

JB400

Michael was more of the face for Napa than Martin was.  Either way, there's big bucks open for somebody next season.  My bet is that Richard Childress will get the sponsorship deal.  Maybe, Kurt Busch.

Aero426

I will bet it is 50/50 whether they even come back to sponsor a team.   

wingcar

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 17, 2013, 02:46:15 AM
Montoya is out of Nascar.  He's racing for Penske in the Indy car series next year.   :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well one thing's for sure...it's going to be a lot safer for the track dryers next year..................
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TruckDriver

PETE

chargerboy69

Quote from: Aero426 on September 19, 2013, 12:50:36 PM

I agree. . . Its not cheap to sponsor a NASCAR team and they may have wanted out, and this provided them the out they were looking for.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

thedodgeboys

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 19, 2013, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on September 19, 2013, 12:50:36 PM

I agree. . . Its not cheap to sponsor a NASCAR team and they may have wanted out, and this provided them the out they were looking for.

Could be ???? Maybe they will sponser the old bush series now that nationwide is leaving http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2013/09/18/Nationwide.aspx

The NAPA series sound much better...

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

Quote from: wingcar on September 19, 2013, 02:50:12 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 17, 2013, 02:46:15 AM
Montoya is out of Nascar.  He's racing for Penske in the Indy car series next year.   :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well one thing's for sure...it's going to be a lot safer for the track dryers next year..................
It'll probably be safer for everyone next year.

There seems to be a problem with JJ.  I believe I heard that his qualifying time will be disallowed.  We'll have to wait to hear more about it. :popcrn:

A383Wing

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

djcarguy

Quote from: A383Wing on September 17, 2013, 09:17:31 AM
good..let him go...hope he never comes back to Nascar

there's a few other drivers that need to go away also...but that's another story

I AGREE out ya go   Montoya,,,bye bye yes the track crew will bee safer,haha,...

NOW  who else  needs a swift boot in the arss an kicked too the curb???   ???   ??? :icon_smile_question: :shruggy: :D :D :nana: :popcrn: :scratchchin:

A383Wing

cant watch the Nationwide race today...they have it on ESPNEWS and I don't get that channel...oh well