News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

we have had this discussion before..I don't think the 3 should return to racing, it should be retired forever. My opinion on the Dillon boy has been spoken before..he's just a punk ass kid with Grandpa's money and he will wreck a lot of cars & people in the Cup series....

If anyone should drive the "3" again, it should be Jr......but he will never measure up to his dad's talents or driving skill

wingcar

Quote from: A383Wing on December 13, 2013, 02:29:14 PM
we have had this discussion before..I don't think the 3 should return to racing, it should be retired forever. My opinion on the Dillon boy has been spoken before..he's just a punk ass kid with Grandpa's money and he will wreck a lot of cars & people in the Cup series....

If anyone should drive the "3" again, it should be Jr......but he will never measure up to his dad's talents or driving skill

If that were the case....why not the 43 as well, and the 42, plus the 11, 24 (when Jeff retires), the 6, the 11....etc, etc, etc.....and do you retire a number when a driver dies?  You can make a case for many numbers being retired....but sooner or later you will run out of numbers. 
Guess NASCAR could start lettering the cars, "the letter B car driven by...XXX"

I suppose we'll just have to see how he performs as the season progresses...
Money talks, but its performance on the track that counts...
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Budnicks

Quote from: wingcar on December 13, 2013, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on December 13, 2013, 02:29:14 PM

If that were the case....why not the 43 as well, and the 42, plus the 11, 24 (when Jeff retires), the 6, the 11....etc, etc, etc.....and do you retire a number when a driver dies?  You can make a case for many numbers being retired....but sooner or later you will run out of numbers.  
Guess NASCAR could start lettering the cars, "the letter B car driven by...XXX"

I suppose we'll just have to see how he performs as the season progresses...
Money talks, but its performance on the track that counts...
maybe add the #45 Adam Petty to that list too, he wasn't an icon yet, but died at the track driving for an icon... I would like to see #3 retired & I'm not a big Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan even, but he was an icon for sure... but they would run out of 2 digit #'s, there's only 100 = 00-99, if they retired all the guys who've died while racing... then you would have to include the #48 JJ too now he's got 6 Championships {makes me puke}, then maybe Lee Petty, Ned Jarrett, Fireball Roberts, Tiny Lund, Neil Bonnet, Buck & Buddy Baker, Junior Johnson, Davey & Bobby Allison, Benny Parsons, Tim Flock, Darrell Waltrip, Alan Kulwicki, we could go on & on...  IMHFO which meens nothing to Nascar, the 43 & 3 both should be retired...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

A383Wing

you guys fergot the #28...I really miss him....that car number is retired

JB400

I can see why the 43 isn't retired.  Richard still runs it as an owner.  As for retiring other numbers like 3, I say no.  Otherwise, there wouldn't be as many numbers to run that are under 100.  The announcers have a hard enough time just saying the drivers name and sponsors.  Now try throwing in 109, 174, and 166.  It'd get pretty mouthy for the announcers just to mention a driver, which may lead them into not doing so.  Half the field doesn't get mentioned as it is.

What would be more better for Dillon is to run the 03.  Here's his cars for next year

odcics2

Quote from: A383Wing on December 13, 2013, 11:24:16 PM
you guys fergot the #28...I really miss him....that car number is retired

Freddy Lorenzen and Buddy Baker drove "a" 28.  Buddy also drove "a" 3. 

James Hylton drove "a" 48.      I'm not for retiring numbers...     :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

thedodgeboys

I say get over it  :nana:

The 3 has a history deeper than the GM sponsorship.

Dale Earnhardt, 67 wins in #3, 76 wins overall (HOF)
Junior Johnson, 9, 50 (HOF)
Paul Goldsmith, 5, 9
David Pearson, 3, 105 (HOF)
Dick Rathman, 3, 13
Buck Baker, 2, 46 (HOF)
Ricky Rudd, 2, 23
Buddy Baker, 2, 19
Fireball Roberts, 1, 33
Charlie Glotzbach, 1, 4
Danny Letner, 1, 2
Earl Balmer, 1, 1
(HOF) - in the NASCAR Hall of Fame first number # of wins second # of poles

Aero426

The 3 was Richard Childress' long time number before Dale Sr.   Also among the others noted.   No big deal.   

JB400

New rules for next year:

-- Statically set car at race ride height -- eliminate pre- and post-race front height rules and inspection.

-- The use of a front splitter with a square leading edge.

-- Skirts at 4-inch minimum ground clearance on both the left and right sides.

-- Rear fascia trimmed 1.375 inches higher in current scallop region.

-- The use of an 8-inch high rear spoiler.

-- The use of a 43-inch wide by 13-inch long radiator pan

TruckDriver

Jeremy Mayfield's former mansion used for firefighting training
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

New owner of the property wants to farm the land.   Burning the already gutted house took it off the tax books.  

odcics2

Looks like the guys need more training, too.    You can feel the flames just looking at it.     :fireangry:     Impressive blaze...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 20, 2013, 02:12:55 PM
that's just a sad sight

JB400

This thread needs a bump, just to make it easier to find next month

Jaimie McMurray fastest in nighttime practice for the Rolex 24 hours. :woohoo:  Hope it's just the start of things to come.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Budnicks on December 22, 2013, 02:17:19 PM
that's just a sad sight

I agree, for me it was sad to see him go down the chute. I always pulled for him even before he drove a Dodge. :rotz:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Budnicks

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 05, 2014, 11:39:15 AM
Quote from: Budnicks on December 22, 2013, 02:17:19 PM
that's just a sad sight

I agree, for me it was sad to see him go down the chute. I always pulled for him even before he drove a Dodge. :rotz:
:iagree:

Aero426

Mayfield pleads guilty to possession of stolen goods: Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield has pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor possession of stolen goods and one count of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Mayfield will serve no jail time, but will have to pay $88,124.41 in restitution to the victims. $60,000 of that was paid Monday, with the rest being paid Tuesday, officials told WBTV. He will serve a 45-day suspended sentence and 18 months of unsupervised probation. Mayfield's home in Catawba County was searched in 2011 and items alleged to be stolen were taken by law enforcement as evidence. Mayfield was suspended indefinitely from NASCAR in May 2009 after testing positive for methamphetamine.(WBTV)(1-7-2014)

JB400

Preseason testing Thursday at Daytona. :popcrn:

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Yes, it is. :woohoo:  1 pm est on FS1

Budnicks

Quote from: Aero426 on January 07, 2014, 01:09:45 PM
Mayfield pleads guilty to possession of stolen goods: Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield has pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor possession of stolen goods and one count of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Mayfield will serve no jail time, but will have to pay $88,124.41 in restitution to the victims. $60,000 of that was paid Monday, with the rest being paid Tuesday, officials told WBTV. He will serve a 45-day suspended sentence and 18 months of unsupervised probation. Mayfield's home in Catawba County was searched in 2011 and items alleged to be stolen were taken by law enforcement as evidence. Mayfield was suspended indefinitely from NASCAR in May 2009 after testing positive for methamphetamine.(WBTV)(1-7-2014)
Thanks Aero426 I did see allot of that a while ago, but couldn't remember all the details... It's so sad that someone who had so much going for them & could have had most anything, does something so stupid, throws it all in the dumpster, jeopardize everything because of drugs {speed/crank/Meth, that's the MO of Meth-heads} I'm sure, would result to committing petty crimes...

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 08, 2014, 01:32:11 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 08, 2014, 10:35:44 AM
Yes, it is. :woohoo:  1 est on FS1

I get motorcycle racing  :shruggy:
Motorcycle racing today, Nascar racing tomorrow.  Today is Wednesday.  I said it'd be on Thursday

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

So much for testing today :brickwall:  Mother nature has other plans