News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Nice win for Jr.  He is a good guy, nice to see him win it.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 23, 2014, 11:20:18 PM

X2  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 23, 2014, 11:20:18 PM
I would have preferred one of the others.

TUFCAT

I think Dale Jr is awesome! - I'm not surprised I'm disagreeing with Stroker either

Aero426

Great win for Jr.    Easy to be a fan when you see how genuine he is. 

TUFCAT

and his girlfriend is a genuine HOTTIE!  :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5:

RallyeMike

It's been a long dry spell for Jr.   Happy to see him take it. 
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JB400

I would have really have liked to have seen Keselowski or Hamlin win it.  As far as Dale Lsr. winning it, it's ok I guess.  It's about time he starts showing some success for as much as Hendrick has given him.  Just another excuse for the Dale fans to buy another shirt or diecast ::)

It would have been nice if Kayne would have been able to catch a break.  I think he should have been excused from speeding on pit road because he had to dodge a wreck.  Doesn't matter I guess, he got caught up in another wreck.

Larson, I thought, did rather well for being a rookie and never driven a Cup car.  Much better than Dillon.  Larson made a few mistakes early on, but they only affected himself, unlike Dillon's.  Once he got himself straightened out, he done good until Dillon took him out.  If he can perform good at Phoenix and Vegas, I say he'll do real good the rest of the year.

Dillon performed just like he has always done in Cup.  I will say that he done a good job saving his car when he go clipped in the right rear by Almirola.  But, I don't think he made too many new friends in his big debut.

I'll give Patrick benefit of the doubt that it wasn't her fault, but her incident was probably predicted by quite a few, as was Waltrip's.

On to Phoenix and Post race Inspection :popcrn:

grdprx

Heck ya!  What a finish. Nice to see the pack racing back with Passing!  Was great after the rain delay. My wife was laughing at me trying to quietly cheer & scream as the kids had just gone down for bed.   Woo Hoo!

Aero426

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 24, 2014, 12:32:07 AM
As far as Dale Lsr. winning it, it's ok I guess.  It's about time he starts showing some success for as much as Hendrick has given him.

Last time I checked, he has more Daytona 500 wins than his old man.      :2thumbs:

JB400

Quote from: Aero426 on February 24, 2014, 10:57:35 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 24, 2014, 12:32:07 AM
As far as Dale Lsr. winning it, it's ok I guess.  It's about time he starts showing some success for as much as Hendrick has given him.

Last time I checked, he has more Daytona 500 wins than his old man.      :2thumbs:
Try comparing him to his teammates and see where he stacks up.

nvrbdn

i remember 2 years ago when hendrick had 6 cars on the track. (yes im including tony and ryan since they were driving hendrick motors and chassis) 5 of the 6 made the chase.  one lowly person from hendrick motor sports didnt make it. wonder who? :shruggy:

:nana:

but that will all be forgiven after last night. :D
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 24, 2014, 12:00:19 PM
Try comparing him to what his teammates and see where he stacks up.

Excluding the #48, he was the highest finishing Hendrick car in the points last year.  

JB400

Quote from: Aero426 on February 24, 2014, 12:24:04 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 24, 2014, 12:00:19 PM
Try comparing him to what his teammates and see where he stacks up.

Excluding the #48, he was the highest finishing Hendrick car in the points last year. 
Sugar coat it all you want, but when you start comparing stats,  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendrick_Motorsports    he doesn't stack up.  He had better stats when he was in DEI.     http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/cup/driver/dale-earnhardt-jr./careerstats/371489?q=dale-earnhardt-jr

odcics2

Folks forget that the #3 car's win in the 500 was under caution...
If not for that, Labonte would have won, leaving the #3 with no Daytona 500 wins...  :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Chargen69

well whatever you think you think.   it is a free country, for now, and i am a Dale JR fan.   there is a lot of people on the all time win list that dont have 20 wins

thedodgeboys

Im ok with Jr's win he was genuinely happy after the race win much more than his DEI days...

I imagine its tough being the son of a legend and everyone expecting you to be one also, just ask Kyle Petty...

odcics2

Richard petty did a little better than Lee.
Kyle?  Not so much.

Buddy Baker's son Brad??
David Pearson's son Larry?

Hard to top 'em....
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

wingcar

OK, Dale Jr. has won a race.....now we can all go back to our regular lives and start hating Jimmie Johnson once again....... :D
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

A383Wing

never stopped hating him....  :D

waiting for the day Dillon puts him in the wall

Aero426

Ought to look good in the nursing home...

Ghoste

Especially given how awesome it looks now. :lol:

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on February 25, 2014, 02:57:50 PM
Especially given how awesome it looks now. :lol:

Think, before you ink.     :smilielol:

Budnicks

Quote from: wingcar on February 25, 2014, 08:42:29 AM
OK, Dale Jr. has won a race.....now we can all go back to our regular lives and start hating Jimmie Johnson once again....... :D
:hah: :2thumbs:  :smilielol:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: A383Wing on February 25, 2014, 09:54:29 AM
never stopped hating him....  :D

waiting for the day Dillon puts him in the wall

:hah: he's driving the #3 , that would be appropriate thing for that car & car #/history, he doesn't care it's just Grampa's $$$ money anyway, checkers or wreckers...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks