News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Harvick does not "drive" for Hendrick..Kevin just runs Rick's engines

I thought I saw Childress congratulate Kevin as well..or did I see someone else?

JB400

Speaking of Childress, his youg'un didn't do so well.  Newman did well though.  He was up there playing with JJ for a while.

nvrbdn

kevin does have a lot of friends out there,so multiple people will congradulate him.

and not trying to offend anyone,

but "in my opinion"  hendrick found a way to put more than 4 cars on the track. my opinion again. not gona be the popular thought of everyone. but rick owns tony and his clan "in my opinion".

so, in my opinion, yes kevin drives for hendrick.   :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 03, 2014, 11:01:37 AM
kevin does have a lot of friends out there,so multiple people will congradulate him.

and not trying to offend anyone,

but "in my opinion"  hendrick found a way to put more than 4 cars on the track. my opinion again. not gona be the popular thought of everyone. but rick owns tony and his clan "in my opinion".

so, in my opinion, yes kevin drives for hendrick.   :2thumbs:

Seriously?

You mean you didn't buy the line that Tony got a half interest in the team because he's "smoke"/great guy?

You are not implying Rick Hendrick is not the most ethical team owner in Nascar are you?

I mean......it's not like Rick could ever be accused of.....like bribery or something. Or having too much influence with Nascar.......

You might get the idea I'm not a fan of Hendrick........  :angel:

You sure didn't offend me. :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

I think we knew this, but now it is official.

Kurt Busch to attempt Indianapolis 500, Coke 600 'double'

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/03/04/kurt-busch-indianapolis-500-coca-cola-600-double/6008475/
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Looks like 2014 will be Burton's last year as a driver for the most part.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/05/jeff-burton-kicks-off-final-sprint-cup-season-sunday-in-las-vegas/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

He'll share the 66 with Nemechek and Waltrip for this year before becoming an announcer for NBC next year.

Stewart playing Bandit.  The first of a series.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/3/4/5470382/tony-stewart-smokey-and-the-bandit-mobil-commercial-video

Aero426

Penske scrap headed to its demise.   

Highbanked Hauler

I'll take the no. 2 off the top. :yesnod:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Aero426

chargerboy69

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 07, 2014, 11:36:42 AM

I would too.

I have heard from a couple people I know who work around the NASCAR world, getting a car from PRS is harder than any other race shop.  I was told by two people it is because they do not want other shops seeing their set-ups.   ::)  :shruggy:

With that being said, I have a lead on getting a old Ryan Newman car from SHR, no engine of course. Not sure what I will do with it if I can get it, but it will look cool parked in the garage.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JB400

I'm surprised they don't cut them up on the spot.

Aero426

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 07, 2014, 12:04:27 PM
I'm surprised they don't cut them up on the spot.

No need to pay their labor for what they consider common scrap.   Plus the build structure is so tightly controlled these days.   Anything proprietary has been removed by the time they hit the flatbed.     

TruckDriver

I wonder how many of those actually went from the scrap yard to someone's house before getting destroyed
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

There's a guy up here not to far from me who has one of Davey Allison's old #28 race cars...pretty much complete except for drive train

Aero426

This is a fairly recent photo of Bob Brevak's 1990 ARCA championship car.   It is said to be one of Bobby Allison's #12 Miller Buicks.  

JB400

Logano on the pole, Keselowski on the outside pole.  Penske on the front row just like last week :2thumbs:

A383Wing

I hope they take each other out....

thedodgeboys

Quote from: A383Wing on March 07, 2014, 08:11:44 PM
I hope they take each other out....

What to dinner or to a show...

:smilielol:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 07, 2014, 11:52:59 AM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 07, 2014, 11:36:42 AM

I would too.

I have heard from a couple people I know who work around the NASCAR world, getting a car from PRS is harder than any other race shop.  I was told by two people it is because they do not want other shops seeing their set-ups.   ::)  :shruggy:

With that being said, I have a lead on getting a old Ryan Newman car from SHR, no engine of course. Not sure what I will do with it if I can get it, but it will look cool parked in the garage.

thats awesome.  what a great score. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

A383Wing

not a BK fan, but was quite the finish.....

chargerboy69

Quote from: A383Wing on March 09, 2014, 04:59:15 PM
not a BK fan, but was quite the finish.....

Me either. 

Brad was just at the right place at the right time, he had a top 5 to top 10 car.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford