News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

Grinning from ear to ear,when kyle bushy hit the wall an left the track with 1 steering able wheel ,,, best of day so far???   HA HA HO

nvrbdn

well, my comment from last wek confirmed.

harvick has to pit on a restart. questions came out. replays of the restart. questions of how could it have happened? possibly a piece of concrete they ask. show shots of the wheel. discuss how the pit crew rewound the tape of the pit stop. blah blah blah.

all of this because its a favorite. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

That's why there are so many empty seat at the races. no one likes the same damn guys winning every week.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Quote from: JB400 on June 01, 2014, 11:36:02 AM
Does Biffle and Edwards stay with Roush Fenway, or do they go? :popcrn:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2082063-carl-edwards-greg-biffle-and-the-uncertain-future-of-roush-fenway-racing

I think Biffle leaves and Edwards stays because ford has so much invested in him. With all the spencer money going to Edwards rough can't afford Biffle also...

wingcar

Edwards stays...............how else are they going to feed the pit crew?  (Subway)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

odcics2

Very empty grandstands.

Viewership also dropping...

How many more years before Nascar folds up the tent??   :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on June 02, 2014, 03:20:24 PM
Very empty grandstands.

LOTS of empty seats and whole grandstands tarped over in the corners.    I watched about 15 minutes of the race, the most notable being the last five laps. 

I bet Dover eventually consolidates and eliminates a bunch of grandstands like Daytona and Talladega.   

TruckDriver

Quote from: Aero426 on June 02, 2014, 03:30:41 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on June 02, 2014, 03:20:24 PM
Very empty grandstands.

LOTS of empty seats and whole grandstands tarped over in the corners.    I watched about 15 minutes of the race, the most notable being the last five laps. 

I bet Dover eventually consolidates and eliminates a bunch of grandstands like Daytona and Talladega.   

I see that coming too  :yesnod:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

they are talking about moving the races like the super bowl does. have the end of the year race bid on. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

I guess during pre race this went down about Biffle going to Waltrips team...
UPDATE: Old DW may have just spilled the beans on where Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle will wind up next season. And if Darrell Waltrip's body language and hinting is any indication, neither driver will be back with Roush Fenway Racing. During Sunday's prerace show on FOX, anchor Chris Myers asked Waltrip if the two free agents are leaving RFR, and if so, where will their new home in 2015 be. The first part of Waltrip's reply wasn't totally surprising. But then Waltrip dropped an obvious bombshell. Reaching over to put his right hand on the shoulder of younger brother Michael, who just happens to own Michael Waltrip Racing, DW's body language and then verbiage said it all - and left Michael staring straight ahead almost in shock. "And Greg Biffle will go to some two-car team that maybe one time had a third car," Darrell Waltrip said. In an attempt to quickly try and cover up what his older brother just said - and obviously deflect that scenario (probably because MWR isn't ready to make a potential announcement yet) - Michael gave his take on it. "Uhhhhhh, I think Carl goes and Greg stays," Michael Waltrip said. "I think the Biff stays at Roush, he's going to be the veteran, the anchor to that rookie lineup for the young guys that are going to race at Roush. So, he goes, the other cat stays."(NBC Sports)

A383Wing

if Greg or Carl go to MWR, I think that's a big mistake and will hurt their careers 

JB400

It wouldn't surprise me if Penske opens up his 3rd team full time.  He still owns the 12.  With the way Brad and Joey are running on a more consistent basis, I can easily see Carl or Greg going over there.

MWR is a drop down from what they're currently getting at Roush.

Stevearino

As the article points out. The tracks get a share of the T.V. revenue so they are less inclined to worry about actual attendance anymore. I see them doing what Bruton Smith has done here in Charlotte. They over built the grand stands to a point where they would accomidate 180,000 people. They could never fill that many seats even in the hey day. So they accepted the realities of the new day and started tearing grand stands down. They started with Turn 1 and 2. They are now gone. There is a rumor that the back stretch stands are next. Also they have painted all the seats different colors so that even from pit road you would swear that there are more people in the stands than are there. It is all about the T.V. audience now. I know what you are going to say "That is shrinking too".  That is another story.

Aero426

As the public tends to have a short memory, the removal of grandstands will quickly remove negative talk in the media about "all those empty seats".      Because of the TV money, the tracks are still eating steak.   

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

nvrbdn

keslowski ran pretty well, but it was another dominate day for hendrick cars. they all ran up front most of the day except for danica. 
    about the only excitement was during the pit stops, and the restarts.

kasey hit the wall pretty hard. hope hes ok. carl got caught up in that one.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Was a boring race, I slept through most of it
PETE

A383Wing

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 08, 2014, 06:05:51 PM

yup...me too

Indygenerallee

Very boring... I tried to watch it but just sporadically jumped back to it between other shows.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

i recorded it and blew through it pretty quick. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Listening to Kyle Petty would put anyone to sleep.

wingcar

Didn't watch it has I had important things to attend to...however, I was very glad Jimmie didn't win.....not that I am a big Jr, fan.  But my thinking has always been.....anyone but Jimmie, please.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Aero426

Quote from: JB400 on June 08, 2014, 10:26:47 PM
Listening to Kyle Petty would put anyone to sleep.

I'll take Kyle over DW any day.