News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

if joey wins the championship, then i quit watching, well, nevermind, i already quit

:brickwall:

JB400

I'm ready for Larson to win his first.

Chargen69

i agree, he seems like a really nice kid, and fast :2thumbs:

JB400

TruckDriver

Sad.. That was a good track to watch races at.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wingcar

Hornish finally has the one thing he's been seeking for most of the last four seasons in the NASCAR world: career stability.

It's not every day that a race car driver has an opportunity to hit the reset button on his career and get another chance like the kind Hornish is getting at RPM.

That's why this opportunity makes so much sense for both Hornish and RPM.
Plus, it also puts Sam in a very unique class, having driven for three of the biggest names in motorsports: Petty, Penske and Gibbs
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TruckDriver

Quote from: wingcar on October 09, 2014, 08:07:04 AM
Hornish finally has the one thing he's been seeking for most of the last four seasons in the NASCAR world: career stability.

It's not every day that a race car driver has an opportunity to hit the reset button on his career and get another chance like the kind Hornish is getting at RPM.

That's why this opportunity makes so much sense for both Hornish and RPM.
Plus, it also puts Sam in a very unique class, having driven for three of the biggest names in motorsports: Petty, Penske and Gibbs

:iagree:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

I think Hornish is a very good Nationwide series driver, but I do not have high expectations for him in Cup based on the past and the last time he stepped in for Allmendinger.   Exactly why? I don't know.   He is kind of like Elliott Sadler;  both are excellent in that series.   Both are great with sponsors and will not make a mistake from a PR standpoint.  I hope he does well.    Will be interesting to see what happens.  

JB400

Interesting race tonight.  BK made a few friends tonight :lol:  Hopefully, there will be no penalties, but I'm sure there will be.  I was glad to see Larson and McMurray back up front again.  Too bad Larson messed his car up rim riding.  Don't know what Ganassi is doing with his cars, but both are competitive. :2thumbs:

Congrats to Harvick.  All the Stewart Haas cars were running good tonight except Stewart, until Logano introduced Danica to the wall.

The real story of the night: Johnson and Jr.  Both are contenders for next week at Talladega, but both need to win it to progress to the next round.  I hope neither one does get in.

Next week will get interesting.

A383Wing

Loved it when Tony put his car in reverse and backed full throttle into BK's car on pit road....   :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

that was good with tony. I think brad just lost it. he wanted to fight with everybody. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Was one of the better fist fights I seen in Nascar in a few years too between BK and Kenseth.
PETE

Ghoste

I want to see Danica fight.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on October 12, 2014, 05:44:08 PM
I want to see Danica fight.

Betting she could whip his little punk-ass

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

wingcar

Sadly, some "news" (and I use that term very loosely) stations felt the need to air footage of the Stewart/Ward incident (accident) along with showing Stewart backing into Brad's car.  I guess they felt it would improve their ratings if not their legitimacy.  There was no reason what so ever to do that.  It was just the Tony of old going out, which was actually kind of nice to see, although if I were Tony I would have cooled it a bit all things considered.
Brad was out of control and let his emotions get the best of him...but he didn't act like a "professional" race car driver and needs to have a sit down with Roger Penske (which I am sure they did).  And, I am sure NASCAR will hand down some sort of penalty on Brad and the number two car.  Even Johnson was feeling the heat and got into with Chad on the radio...I hope he doesn't win Talladega....had enough of him and the 48 car.   
Talladega is going to be a good race with all the Chase drivers that need to win....it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out when the checker flag drops. 
I predict a lot of dented sheet metal and emotions..... 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Aero426

The ABC clip aired on Good Morning America with Stewart as the lead character in the story approaches journalistic malpractice.    Not only did they spin the story angle, but they added "crash" sound effects to the clip of Stewart backing in the Kes' car.   The talking head network news commentary was idiotic.    

keith88

I'm more pissed about not seeing the 1st 25 laps because of football. :flame: Espn /ABC doesn't deserve to carry nascar good thing they are not next year!! :RantExplode: :icon_smile_angry: :Twocents:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

TruckDriver

Quote from: keith88 on October 13, 2014, 04:59:40 PM
I'm more pissed about not seeing the 1st 25 laps because of football. :flame: Espn /ABC doesn't deserve to carry nascar good thing they are not next year!! :RantExplode: :icon_smile_angry: :Twocents:

THAT pissed me off too. I HATE collage football :RantExplode:
PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

BK WINS TALLEDEGA!!!!

I'm really, really, really glad Johnson didn't get it :2thumbs:

General_01

Yeah, thanks to Lagano running Harvick into the wall so he couldn't catch Brad. They should kick Brad out of the Chase like they kicked Truex Jr out. Lagano and Keslowski are just punks.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

JB400

Anything's possible.  He still has to go through inspection.

Hendrick only has Gordon left to win this championship for him.

keith88

I have a new driver to hate...Keselowski little bastard!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.