News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 17, 2014, 07:34:23 AM
Quote from: JB400 on December 16, 2014, 11:53:26 PM
If Nascar would quit trying to compete with Football, or the other sports, and be a racing series again, maybe they wouldn't have the problems associated with them today.  And let the Busch bros. be the Busch's again.
:iagree:

I agree as well....

Change for the sake of change is never a good thing.  If you have a good product and things are going smoothly why change it.  Sure attendance has been down in recent years....news flash most people don't have the same level of disposable income they once had (thank you Washington).  And, factor in high gas prices and other social issues and it's easy to see why there are empty seats.  But in my opinion NASCAR has never been in danger of going away or having to downsize to survive.  One of the problems is that most young people no longer have the attention span that allows them to sit for upwards of four hours without an electric device to play with.  But, somehow NASCAR needs to get these young people interested in the sport if they want to keep the sport growing into the future.  A changing of the guard with new younger drivers entering the field will help, but more needs to be done.  I just hope NASCAR leadership will look for new ideas and not just copy what they do in the NFL, NBA, etc. 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

maxwellwedge

Forgot - Who won the championship?  ;)

wingcar

The new Chase was exciting, but I have this feeling that something was missing.  I can't put my finger on it, but I felt as if it wasn't necessarily the best driver of the year that won all the marbles.  I guess it had a lot to do with the fact that luck played such a big part in the format.  Have a couple of off weekends and you were out.  I am not writing off the new format, just left me with a bit of an empty feeling.  We'll see how 2015 plays out......

JB400

Of course something was missing.  Danica wasn't in it

Ponch ®

Quote from: wingcar on December 18, 2014, 09:35:40 AM
The new Chase was exciting, but I have this feeling that something was missing.  I can't put my finger on it, but I felt as if it wasn't necessarily the best driver of the year that won all the marbles.  I guess it had a lot to do with the fact that luck played such a big part in the format.  Have a couple of off weekends and you were out.  I am not writing off the new format, just left me with a bit of an empty feeling.  We'll see how 2015 plays out......

not that I'm not tired of tweaks to the Chase, but i think they need to change the format so after a specific round (maybe whatever it is after week 4-5), any Chase drivers that have not won a race all season get eliminated and the next guy(s) in the Chase standings with a win (or more) move(s) on.

That way, consistency in the regular season would be rewarded with a spot and a chance to compete in the Chase, but once you're in, it has to be "Win or you're out".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

wingcar

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 18, 2014, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: wingcar on December 18, 2014, 09:35:40 AM
The new Chase was exciting, but I have this feeling that something was missing.  I can't put my finger on it, but I felt as if it wasn't necessarily the best driver of the year that won all the marbles.  I guess it had a lot to do with the fact that luck played such a big part in the format.  Have a couple of off weekends and you were out.  I am not writing off the new format, just left me with a bit of an empty feeling.  We'll see how 2015 plays out......

not that I'm not tired of tweaks to the Chase, but i think they need to change the format so after a specific round (maybe whatever it is after week 4-5), any Chase drivers that have not won a race all season get eliminated and the next guy(s) in the Chase standings with a win (or more) move(s) on.

That way, consistency in the regular season would be rewarded with a spot and a chance to compete in the Chase, but once you're in, it has to be "Win or you're out".

I actually like that idea......

A383Wing

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 18, 2014, 09:27:18 AM
Forgot - Who won the championship?  ;)

Not Jimmie, it was a very good year  :2thumbs:

Aero426

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wingcar

I heard the story on the radio and it was very interesting, a little bit of NASCAR history that even most Jeff Gordon fans didn't know.

Both Ray and Jeff will be in Scottsdale for the BJ auto auction to sell one of Jeff's old Nationwide cars......

Aero426

Harvick has chicken legs.

A383Wing

doesn't take much leg to hold gas pedal to the floor like he did all year

JB400

Ryan Newman's new colors

hemi68charger

Quote from: wingcar on January 08, 2015, 07:48:15 AM
I heard the story on the radio and it was very interesting, a little bit of NASCAR history that even most Jeff Gordon fans didn't know.

Both Ray and Jeff will be in Scottsdale for the BJ auto auction to sell one of Jeff's old Nationwide cars......

Yeap, when I visited Ray over the Christmas holiday, he mentioned being busy with season 2 of Americarna and the BJ Auction of one of his cars........ Heard that directly from the horse's mouth.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TruckDriver

If any of you guys find out when season 2 of Americarna will be on, and what channel, mention it here so I can set up the DVR please
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

wingcar

Kurt Bush is now claiming that his ex girlfriend is/was an assassin...  Perhaps he needs to invest in some self defense classes or at the very least a body guard.  He has gone on record as saying that she can kick his butt.  It's going to be interesting how this all plays out.  But, it still sounds as if his ex-girl friend is just out to destroy Kurt and his career.  Something that at times it appears Kurt himself is trying to do.   Perhaps he should introduce her to other drivers...to bad Jimmie is already married... :D

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

wingcar

I would suggest that Kurt do a better background check on his next girl friend. As he has found out, it's hard to sleep with one eye open!  And, it's also sort of sad and scary when your girl friend can come up with a hundred ways to "take you out"...and has the skills to do it herself!

Let's hope Kurt doesn't have any "accidents" in 2015.......

Aero426

He's (still) got issues.   She's a self promoter with a mean streak underneath.     The sad thing is her kid that was dragged into the middle of this.

Stuff very well may have happened in the motor home.   I'm no lawyer, but I don't see her getting the protective order.   

TruckDriver

wow, more then I knew about her, not that it matters, lol. They're both nuts :yesnod:
PETE