News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I sure liked Clint Boyers interview at the end of his wreck.....he let it all hang out and didn't hold back anything

TruckDriver

:smilielol: She's at it again. The best part is, I saw on a Nascar thread on FB, from another woman, that she said quote "Danica needs to quit before she kills someone" which is sad but true.

Patrick, Hamlin wreck during Daytona 500 practice
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/patrick-hamlin-wreck-during-daytona-500-practice-213724081--nascar.html
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

Top of the hour, on FS1, the Duals. Should be good. I watched a little of truck practice today, that will be a wreckfest too. Half of the drivers never been at Daytona, little alone a super speedway, or even in a Nascar truck.  :P
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

or ever had a drivers license

A383Wing

Did I hear right?? BK is not in the D500??

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

BK is guaranteed a spot, as long as he is physically capable of making it.  He has a past champions provisional.

A383Wing

wishful thinking I guess

JB400

Kurt Busch just got suspended from Nascar.

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on February 20, 2015, 06:11:47 PM
Kurt Busch just got suspended from Nascar.

You beat me to it...

Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site

NASCAR has indefinitely suspended driver Kurt Busch for actions detrimental to stock car racing following the release today of a supplemental disposition setting forth the findings and conclusions that formed the basis for the Family Court of the State of Delaware's decision on Monday to issue an Order of Protection from Abuse against him. Busch, driver of the #41 car, was found to be in violation of:
· Section 12.1.a: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
·  Section 12.8: Behavioral Penalty
"Given the serious nature of the findings and conclusions made by the Commissioner of the Family Court of the State of Delaware, NASCAR has indefinitely suspended driver Kurt Busch, effective immediately. He will not be allowed to race nor participate in any NASCAR activities until further notice. Kurt Busch and his Stewart-Haas Racing team are fully aware of our position and why this decision was made. We will continue to respect the process and timetable of the authorities involved."
PETE

JB400

Looks like Regan Smith will take over the 41 at the 500.

A383Wing

well, I can tell you his ex-GF has issues as well, she "could" be making all this up.....don't get me wrong here, but what happened to "innocent until proven guilty" in this country?

it's more like "shoot first and ask questions later"

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on February 20, 2015, 06:37:14 PM
well, I can tell you his ex-GF has issues as well, she "could" be making all this up.....don't get me wrong here, but what happened to "innocent until proven guilty" in this country?

it's more like "shoot first and ask questions later"

She certainly is no angel.   NASCAR waited until the judge released the court papers, 25 pages of which explained why he issued the no contact order.      Both she and Kurt are a different kind of crazy, and she definitely has it out for him.     Given his past history (fired by Roush, fired by Penske, all the personal outbursts),  there is enough smoke for NASCAR to start the process of firing him too.   

A383Wing

I agree he's no saint either, but she's probably still mad that he dumped her a while back....

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on February 20, 2015, 10:58:18 PM
I agree he's no saint either, but she's probably still mad that he dumped her a while back....

She wants to put a rough cut 2 x 4 up his a$$.    At the moment, she is succeeding.     His means of income has been shut down.      NASCAR even took down his online merchandise earlier tonight.   Although the SHR store still seems to be up.  

He gets to appeal to a three member NASCAR board on Saturday.   But either way, he is still out of the car for the 500.   

thedodgeboys

I think he is getting the shaft  :shruggy: even if he is guilty why did that judge wait so long to issue his decision?
Yes he is wound a little tight but this is crazy the woman can clearly defend herself, look at her videos bush is a little guy and she's a trained assassin   :slap: or at least a tuff girl...

Why didn't she report it as soon as it happend? It just smells wrong  :Twocents:

Update From MRN

The order from Kent County (Del.) Family Court commissioner David Jones found "by a preponderance of the evidence" that Busch committed an act of domestic violence against Driscoll. Among the descriptions in the text of the written opinion is that Jones believed Busch "manually strangled" Driscoll in the incident that took place in his motorhome last September. Jones believed there was "substantial likelihood" Busch could commit similar future actions.

However, Driscoll provided "false testimony" during the December and January hearings according to the commissioner. But Jones believed there was enough independent evidence to support Driscoll's claim.

TruckDriver

They mentioned on tv last night, apparently he smashed her face into a wall a couple of times. With his anger issues I can see that. And remember, he was suspended once before for going off on Dr. Jerry Punch. I think there was a female reporter too he did that too also.
PETE

JB400

The Mustang race car in the Infinity series sure looks ugly :eek2:

Chargen69

I am no Kurt (or kyle) busch fan, but what I read online yesterday said the judge said there was enough evidence that "he more likely than not" committed domestic violence.

excuse me, but how does a phrase like that merit that kind of suspension?  that isnt even saying he is guilty, just that the judge thinks he is.

A383Wing

and if it really happened, why is she bringing it up now? Why was this not brought up when it took place?

as stated, something does not add up correctly here

JB400

Ryan Reed wins the Infinity race at Daytona for Roush.  Kyle Busch took a very hard hit head on into the wall :o

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on February 21, 2015, 06:00:17 PM
and if it really happened, why is she bringing it up now? Why was this not brought up when it took place?

as stated, something does not add up correctly here

Something to do with custody with the kids father was the explanation.   But I don't understand that piece either.    The event happened in Sept.   But it took her a month to come forward with the allegations. 

Aero426

Quote from: JB400 on February 21, 2015, 06:28:03 PM
Ryan Reed wins the Infinity race at Daytona for Roush.  Kyle Busch took a very hard hit head on into the wall :o

A lot like Mark Martin at Talladega in 1994.   No SAFER or HANS back then.     

Watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49A5hf6lJeQ

TruckDriver

PETE