News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I agree with what Larry MaC said earlier, there is no excuse for not having the "safer walls" on the complete inside and outside of all Nascar tracks in the circuit

TruckDriver

"We should have had a SAFER barrier there today, we did not. We're going to fix that."

-- Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

kinda like closing the barn door after the horse got out....barrier should have been in place when they did the rest of the track

TruckDriver

Matt Crafton has been tapped to replace the injured Kyle Busch for the 500.

This off Hendricks FB page.. Kyle will likely miss half the season if not all. Kyle and Samantha need well wishes and prayers. In a reply to that, someone else said he is going to miss the whole season.
UPDATED - I just got this off his fan page "Kyle Busch has sustained a right lower leg compound fracture and left mid-foot fracture. A return date has not yet been determined. Matt Crafton will serve as the interim driver of the No. 18 Toyota during Sunday's ‪DAYTONA500"

KURT BUSCH update from Jayski's -

This evening, the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer, Mr. Bryan Moss, heard and considered the appeal of driver Kurt Busch. The penalty concerns Section 12.1.a: Actions detrimental to stock car racing; 12.8: Behavioral penalty.

The penalty stems from activities last year involving Kurt Busch that resulted in a decision by the Family Court of the State of Delaware to issue an Order of Protection of Abuse against him. The penalty is an indefinite suspension. Earlier today, a three-person National Motorsports Appeals Panel upheld the original penalty assessed by NASCAR.

Tonight [Saturday, February 21, 2015], Kurt Busch presented his position to the Final Appeals Officer. Representing NASCAR was Jim Cassidy, Senior Vice President of Racing Operations. The Appellate Administrator is NASCAR Vice President George Silbermann.

Upon hearing tonight's testimony, Bryan Moss, the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer, made the following decisions:
· The appellant violated the Rules set forth in the penalty notice and the decision of the National Motorsports Appeals Panel was correct;
· The penalty was within the scope of the guidelines;
· The National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer upholds the original penalty levied by NASCAR

The decision of the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer is final and binding on all parties. Kurt Busch now has exhausted his appeal options under the NASCAR Rulebook, and the indefinite suspension remains in effect. He will not be allowed to race nor participate in any NASCAR activities until further notice.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

thedodgeboys

:popcrn:

With no Bush's in the race who will be the villains today?

TruckDriver

Quote from: thedodgeboys on February 22, 2015, 12:08:16 PM

BK most likely.

Kyles car. Look how pushed back everything is on it  :o
PETE

djcarguy

Still have joeie an Brad as villians????

is joeie a child molester???   how old is his girlfriend----13-15 she looks?????  jailtime,haha

BOUT turned it off 10 minutes in with m waltrip an dance with losers garbage??boo

JB400

An interesting article:

http://tablet.washingtonpost.com/top/five-myths-about-nascar/2015/02/22/44a6ee00-b7ab-11e4-aa05-1ce812b3fdd2_story.html

Glad to see Stewart take himself out of contention :hah:

Logano wins, locks himself into the Chase.  Good job to the Penske crew :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

PETE

A383Wing

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 22, 2015, 06:31:35 PM
I can't stand Logano  :eek2:

me either, or BK, or JJ, or JG.....almost everyone else I can tolerate....as long as those 4 don't win, I'm happy

Chargen69

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 22, 2015, 12:35:18 PM

BK most likely.

Kyles car. Look how pushed back everything is on it  :o

seeing wrecks like that makes my chest hurt, i hate hate hate getting the air knocked out of my lungs, you know that happened when he hit

odcics2

Quote from: JB400 on February 22, 2015, 02:28:20 PM
An interesting article:

http://tablet.washingtonpost.com/top/five-myths-about-nascar/2015/02/22/44a6ee00-b7ab-11e4-aa05-1ce812b3fdd2_story.html

Glad to see Stewart take himself out of contention :hah:

Logano wins, locks himself into the Chase.  Good job to the Penske crew :2thumbs:

:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

dyslexic teddybear

Haven't been a Lagano fan......but he damm sure was in the thick of it all afternoon and made the right moves to win.

Really have not been that much of a Nascar fan last few years......but a couple of things picked up my interest....

Their much publicized, super duper, all-seeing video officiating.......seemed to work.

And.......the drivers themselves......

3 wide......for how many laps?

Large part of the field, lined up 3 wide......

That was awesome.....

hemi68charger

I enjoyed the race..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 23, 2015, 11:14:37 AM
I enjoyed the race..  :icon_smile_big:

I see your point.....

Having a Daytona in one's garage will improve anything on TV...... :yesnod:

Ponch ®

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 21, 2015, 09:38:50 PM

KURT BUSCH update from Jayski's -

This evening, the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer, Mr. Bryan Moss, heard and considered the appeal of driver Kurt Busch. The penalty concerns Section 12.1.a: Actions detrimental to stock car racing; 12.8: Behavioral penalty.

The penalty stems from activities last year involving Kurt Busch that resulted in a decision by the Family Court of the State of Delaware to issue an Order of Protection of Abuse against him. The penalty is an indefinite suspension. Earlier today, a three-person National Motorsports Appeals Panel upheld the original penalty assessed by NASCAR.

Tonight [Saturday, February 21, 2015], Kurt Busch presented his position to the Final Appeals Officer. Representing NASCAR was Jim Cassidy, Senior Vice President of Racing Operations. The Appellate Administrator is NASCAR Vice President George Silbermann.

Upon hearing tonight's testimony, Bryan Moss, the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer, made the following decisions:
· The appellant violated the Rules set forth in the penalty notice and the decision of the National Motorsports Appeals Panel was correct;
· The penalty was within the scope of the guidelines;
· The National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer upholds the original penalty levied by NASCAR

The decision of the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer is final and binding on all parties. Kurt Busch now has exhausted his appeal options under the NASCAR Rulebook, and the indefinite suspension remains in effect. He will not be allowed to race nor participate in any NASCAR activities until further notice.

Not surprised. NASCAR (and all the other major sports leagues,for that matter) saw how much flack the NFL caught for mishandling the Ray Rice deal. They're not taking any chances.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nvrbdn

that's exactly what nascar did. they were afraid to be too lenient with kurt because of the football goof. so they went the other direction.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 23, 2015, 04:55:53 PM
that's exactly what nascar did. they were afraid to be too lenient with kurt because of the football goof. so they went the other direction.

Yes, and given his past "body of work", it's not surprising.   

Stevearino

A lot of people have been pushing this  thing off on the girlfriend in a he said she said scenerio .One of the guys I work with who knows the situation pretty well said that his ex wife had a panic room built not to protect her from intruders but from him as he wasn't a happy drunk. His girlfriend looks like she has a bit of an iffy past but in this case at least it seems that like seeks out like.  One of the tipping points that led to his younger brother leaving our organization  was a charity golf tournament where the two brothers were fighting like twelve year old idiots. When the PR girl handling the younger brother tried to get him to tone it down he threw his phone at her. He was asked to leave by the boss. Something in there upbringing I am thinking. :shruggy:

Aero426

Quote from: Stevearino on February 23, 2015, 05:26:28 PM
Something in there upbringing I am thinking. :shruggy:

Good story.    Somewhere along the line, I had also heard that the apples didn't fall far from the tree. 

nvrbdn

what I did like is all the young talent getting into the 500. and what an awesome job they did riding with the pack. I really expected a ton of wrecks late in the race as the pressure would hit them.  about time for me to look at some new drivers for my vote.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

400/6/PAC

I spelled Busch without the C
And You Guy's ragged My a$$
LOL

400/6/PAC

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 23, 2015, 08:08:43 PM
what I did like is all the young talent getting into the 500. and what an awesome job they did riding with the pack. I really expected a ton of wrecks late in the race as the pressure would hit them.  about time for me to look at some new drivers for my vote.
:iagree:
The new Guy's are more about racing and not about the money ( At least not yet ).
They are trying to make it and that makes them interesting to Me.
Fun to watch up and coming Stars.

thedodgeboys

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on February 23, 2015, 08:34:37 PM

I spelled Busch without the C
And You Guy's ragged My a$$
LOL

That's becuse they know your better than me, I'm a lost cause...  :2thumbs:

wingcar

My take on this whole Busch deal is that he has been laying the ground work for his exit from NASCAR for some time.  Will he return?  Only time will tell, but he has burned so many bridges in the past....who would he drive for?   He has now gone though three of the top teams and one of the smaller ones and I don't see him ever getting asked to returned to any of them.  Plus, Chevy wants nothing more to do with him which rules out any team that fields Chevys.  He has a track record both on and off the track that doesn't make him a top pick for any team.  The only thing he has going for him is that he is a past champion and has shown that he can win.  But, with his documented "Anger Management" issues it makes him a very hard sell to any team that might be interested.  So again the question becomes, who would want him?   NASCAR has said it will offer him a "program" that if he completes it will allow him to return.  But, again I don't see anyone wanting to take him on, and by the time he completes any "program" I bet half the year will be over.  Sad, but he brought all this on himself due to his past record.  And, what makes it even sadder is the fact that it looked as if he had put his career back on track.

I still have issues with the Judge waiting so long to pass any judgment, but I keep hearing that he saw more documentation than was released to the public.  So I guess we will have to wait and see what that documentation is.   And, I am sure that the additional documentation was supplied to NASCAR.  But, it's almost as if he waited until right before the Daytona 500 to release his judgment which I have a hard time accepting....the timing just looks all wrong.  If Kurt is guilty then he has no defense and I don't see many fans supporting him.   Kurt....perhaps you burned one too many bridges to ever be able to return.

*Maybe he can take up drag racing since he tried that a few years back......(just hope he doesn't forget not to turn left). 

Just my two cents   :Twocents:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400