News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Just read that "NASCAR reinstates Kurt Busch; grants him waiver for Chase".....(Good for NASCAR)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

MoparCharger500

Quote from: wingcar on March 11, 2015, 12:40:07 PM
Now the question becomes.....should he win a race this year will NASCAR allow him into the "Chase" since he missed several races....(I would think that they should, all things considered)

He IS chase eligible!!!!!!
70' Charger 500 383 BB in process of restoration (SOLD sadly)

03' Dakota R/T

thedodgeboys

AND...

Statement from Chevy on Kurt Busch: Jim Campbell, Chevrolet vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports:
"Now that Kurt Busch has been reinstated by NASCAR and is able to fulfill his obligations associated with our agreement, we have lifted our suspension and will continue to monitor the situation."(Chevy Racing)(3-11-2015)

I hope Kurt makes good choices going forward and his pr team can make some forward progress in his image.  :Twocents:

TruckDriver

J.J in a lap 3 crash with Brian Vickers. Today just got better already  :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

TruckDriver

Another one for Harvek. Kurt Busch didn't even look like he missed a race or 3.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

JB400

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 15, 2015, 08:21:53 PM
Another one for Harvek. Kurt Busch didn't even look like he missed a race or 3.
I'd say Kurt is a little more  ambitious right now, being that he was forced out of the car.

TruckDriver

Well, I am sure all the crap he went through in the past few months made him grow up a lot more too.
PETE

nvrbdn

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 16, 2015, 06:59:10 AM
Well, I am sure all the crap he went through in the past few months made him grow up a lot more too.

you can only hope.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Iconic Jesse Jones Hot Dogs are out at Martinsville Speedway, replaced by another brand

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/18/breaking-iconic-jesse-jones-hot-dogs-are-out-at-martinsville-speedway-replaced-by-another-brand/

When fans go to the concession stand at Martinsville Speedway next weekend seeking the "Famous Martinsville Speedway Hot Dog," for the first time in nearly seven decades the red hots and chili will not be produced by Jesse Jones Southern Style Hot Dogs, NASCAR Talk has learned.

Calling it a business decision, the track has elected to switch to Valleydale Hot Dogs, a subsidiary of Smithfield Foods, which is a primary sponsor on Richard Petty Motorsports No. 43 Sprint Cup car, driven by Aric Almirola.

But according Clay Campbell, president of Martinsville Speedway, the new hot dog and chili will taste the same as the old standby. And the price will remain at $2 each.
PETE

Aero426

Messing with Martinsville hot dogs is like New Coke.    Crews in the garage will be more pissed than any rule change NASCAR could come up with. 

TruckDriver

Quote from: Aero426 on March 18, 2015, 05:29:11 PM
Messing with Martinsville hot dogs is like New Coke.    Crews in the garage will be more pissed than any rule change NASCAR could come up with. 

So will the announcers I think  :2thumbs:
PETE

Stevearino

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 18, 2015, 05:38:46 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on March 18, 2015, 05:29:11 PM

So will the announcers I think  :2thumbs:
Hate to say it but crewmen who cared about such things have long since left the sport either voluntarily  or have be pushed out. Crews today are mostly ex college athletes who could not make it in baseball or football and display very little interest in the cars or traditions of the sport. Now mess with their WiFi and you might have a problem. :rotz:

JB400

The fans are already throwing a fit, and they haven't tried the new hot dogs yet.

TruckDriver

This guy can not get a break.  :-\

Blood clots again sideline NASCAR driver Brian Vickers

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blood-clots-again-sideline-nascar-driver-brian-vickers-161737806--nascar.html

Brian Vickers has been sidelined again by blood clots that prevent him from safely driving a race car. Vickers' third bout with blood clots was announced Friday by Michael Waltrip Racing. The team said the 31-year-old has been placed on blood thinners, which make it too dangerous for him to compete. If he is injured, the bleeding would be difficult if not impossible to stop.

''First and foremost our thoughts are with Brian and his family,'' said MWR founder and co-owner Michael Waltrip. ''He isn't just our race car driver, he is our friend and we know the NASCAR community will continue to rally around Brian.''

Brett Moffitt will return to the No. 55 Toyota this weekend at Auto Club Speedway as Vickers' replacement. Moffitt filled in once this season, at Atlanta, where he drove the car to an eighth-place finish.
PETE

wingcar

Sounds as if Brian Vickers luck seems to continue to be bad in regards to his health. 
Sorry to hear about him being sidelined again by blood clots.  But at least he understands what is truly important in life. 

On another note, it appears as if Kurt is on a mission, and it will not be long before he wins a race....I am glad to see him running so well after all he's been through.....

keith88

"On another note, it appears as if Kurt is on a mission, and it will not be long before he wins a race....I am glad to see him running so well after all he's been through....."
Would have been yesterday ..if NASCAR had not thrown a phantom caution! ....Oh im sorry did i  just say that? :pity:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

TruckDriver

Marcos Ambrose has apparently lost his touch in the Supercars..

Ambrose asks to be relieved from seat in V8 Supercars

Marcos Ambrose asked to temporarily be replaced as driver in the V8 Supercars Series, Roger Penske said Tuesday. The former NASCAR driver made the request so he can familiarize himself with the cars following his return this year to the series, Penske said. Ambrose won the V8 Supercars championship in 2003 and 2004.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ambrose-asks-relieved-seat-v8-supercars-142828203--spt.html
PETE

wingcar

Is it the steering wheel being on the right/wrong side that's harting his performance?   :slap:

TruckDriver

Sad site to see. Lots of photos  :rotz:

Inside the abandoned NASCAR track that has crumbled into a eerie ruin after sitting empty for four years
North Wilkesboro Speedway in North Carolina was a mainstay on NASCAR circuit from 1949 until September 1996
But now, it lies empty after being sold in 1996, briefly reopening in 2010, then closing again in the spring of 2011
Pictures of legendary track were captured by photojournalist Seph Lawless as part of 'Autopsy of America' project
They show faded racetrack signs, thousands of vacant seats, buildings with damaged ceilings and stained ground
The site 'now sits eerily silent and completely abandoned. It was apocalyptic,' Seph Lawless told Daily Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3006376/It-s-apocalyptic-Photojournalist-captures-striking-photos-abandoned-NASCAR-track-sat-four-years.html
PETE

JB400

Looks like the track is in better shape than Nascar is

wingcar

Sad with all the history connected to the track that it has become abandon.  When you first look at the track it appears to be an easy fix to bring it back, but then when you see the pictures of the various buildings and that appears not to be the case.  It would take a lot of money and effort to restore the track and make it once again usable.  But, with little hope of getting a NASCAR "track race date" what would be the point.  Maybe someday it will reopen for one of the lower race series, but I don't see that happening....it's basically lost history.   :'( (Would love to take my car around the track once...at a low speed of course for pictures).

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: wingcar on March 24, 2015, 08:06:28 AM
Sad with all the history connected to the track that it has become abandon.  When you first look at the track it appears to be an easy fix to bring it back, but then when you see the pictures of the various buildings and that appears not to be the case.  It would take a lot of money and effort to restore the track and make it once again usable.  But, with little hope of getting a NASCAR "track race date" what would be the point.  Maybe someday it will reopen for one of the lower race series, but I don't see that happening....it's basically lost history.   :'( (Would love to take my car around the track once...at a low speed of course for pictures).

This was my first and second thoughts.......easy....then a lot of work.....

But looking at it a third time......I think it'd be reasonably doable. The basics are there......seems cheaper then building a new track.

But......as you mentioned......no real hope of getting a cup date. It's simply too small to generate $$$$ for that even if one was available.

I'd love to see it reopen......lower series to help pay the bills and keep the history alive. I can see some promotional potential with it's history, and what an awesome place for "nostalgia" race/show events! :yesnod:

[just need the right lottery numbers]

keith88

I remember seeing some really good races there,they need more short tracks not less. But it is looking pretty run down at this point and i herd that they just couldn't the the numbers needed and wouldn't be able to add seats if they did ..to bad I know i for one miss the races there.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.