News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Lets talk Kyle Busch.  With his win in Kentucky tonight, will he make the Chase?

A383Wing

at the rate he's going after his comeback....looks like he's gonna be hard to beat....

thedodgeboys

I don't understand why they don't just say his car is already in on owners points?

its listed 19th in owners points
http://www.jayski.com/stats/2015/pdfs/18ken2015owners.pdf

A383Wing

KB did not get the car to 19th in owners points...it was a combination of all the other drivers that got it there while he was sidelined....Only KB can get in on drivers points for the chase

JB400

I'm actually hoping Kyle gets in.  It wasn't his fault he got hurt.  Only bad thing is, he usually ends up flopping once he's in.  Maybe, this year will be different.

On another note, Kenny Wallace is calling it quits on his professional driving career:

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/14/kenny-wallace-announces-nascar-retirement-after-aug-1-xfinity-race-at-iowa/

That  makes Mike Wallace the only brother left.

TruckDriver

It's been a while since Kenny has drove in a race anyway isn't it? I don't remember the last time I saw him in one :shruggy:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 15, 2015, 06:24:41 AM
It's been a while since Kenny has drove in a race anyway isn't it? I don't remember the last time I saw him in one :shruggy:

He's done a few Xfinity starts this year.    By a couple tweets I read, it sounds like he is not completely retiring from all driving and will continue his dirt car program. 

thedodgeboys

Quote from: A383Wing on July 12, 2015, 07:44:28 PM
KB did not get the car to 19th in owners points...it was a combination of all the other drivers that got it there while he was sidelined....Only KB can get in on drivers points for the chase

So what your saying is owners points don't count towards getting into the chase?
But it does matter in the two lower series where they usually have an owners champion and a driver champion at the end of the year..

Aero426

Quote from: thedodgeboys on July 15, 2015, 03:25:17 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on July 12, 2015, 07:44:28 PM

So what your saying is owners points don't count towards getting into the chase?
But it does matter in the two lower series where they usually have an owners champion and a driver champion at the end of the year..

Driver points are the only ones that count towards the Chase or driver championship.  

Owner points are used to determine who is guaranteed to start the race in the event of a poor qualifying result.    There probably are also monies awarded at end of season depending where a team finishes in owner points.  

A383Wing

And KB wins again...that's 3 wins out of the last 4 cup races

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TruckDriver

I think I am starting to loose interest in Nascar too now. I'm tired of the same people winning every week. It is getting to be like a re-run tv show you see every week.. On the other side of that, the fan base must agree with half filled stands :P
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Trucks are racing at Eldora dirt track now...Ken Schrader is even gonna be racing.....

TruckDriver

I never heard anything about it until I read the post about it. It's nice they really advertised it being in the middle of the week  :P
PETE

Chargen69

that right there is why NASCAR should NEVER consider midweek races

Aero426

The mid week race date was to get some Cup drivers.   I think they have run this event during the week all three years.

A383Wing

Yes, it's been on Wednesday nights every year....

Chargen69

i meant to say for CUP races

A383Wing

Quote from: Chargen69 on July 24, 2015, 04:19:25 PM
i meant to say for CUP races

I have never seen a CUP race on any night other than Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.....unless a race was postponed until Monday due to weather, or the Budweiser duels at Daytona that are usually held on Thursdays

TruckDriver

If this is the third year of this race, lol, I only seen the one 2 years ago then :P
PETE

400/6/PAC

TruckDriver

I turned off the race after he took the white flag. Just another tv repeat  :P

Half filled stands too at Indy, lol  :rotz:
PETE

A383Wing

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on July 26, 2015, 06:15:33 PM
Kyle is on fire.

yea, he's on a mission..he has to get max points every race to make the chase....I'm rooting for him to do it

as long as Gordon or Johnson doesn't win. I'm happy

djcarguy

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 26, 2015, 06:50:26 PM
I turned off the race after he took the white flag. Just another tv repeat  :P

Half filled stands too at Indy, lol  :rotz:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: