News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

Quote from: Aero426 on November 02, 2015, 02:49:22 PM

I don't think the crowd was cheering for Matt as much as they just happen to dislike Joey.      

I agree with what you are saying about the crowd, and I repeat my last statement, "the crowd at the race stated how I feel about it" i dislike Joey too

keith88

Joey got what he dished out ,Matt had nothing to loose what dose he care if he parked at this point. I for one don't blame him .Joey know knows where the line is but he still wont learn anything. :D :rofl:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Aero426

There was an interesting article yesterday where Gordon, Harvick and Earnhardt talked about the whole deal.    The general consensus regarding Kenseth was, "I can't blame him for what he did".    Jr probably said it best at the end about racing and respect.  Speaking about Kenseth, he said, "Do not spin that boy out".  

JB400

The thing about Joey is, he hasn't raced much different than Sr., DW, Rusty, Gordon, Stewart, Jr,  or any of the other big name racers.  Kenseth needs to either suck it up and step up or step out. :Twocents:

Chargen69

NO way he is in that class

A383Wing

well, they just suspended Matt for the next two races, and on probation for the rest of the year

JB400

Chargen69

Quote from: A383Wing on November 03, 2015, 06:05:43 PM
well, they just suspended Matt for the next two races, and on probation for the rest of the year

they know that if matt was in the next two races he'd hit him again  :rofl: :rofl:

I bet Matt finds a way to mess up his day at homestead without the big crash

thedodgeboys

WOW...

Penalty Announcement: Kenseth suspended 2 races; Patrick fined: Matt Kenseth , the driver of the #20 car, has been penalized for an infraction that occurred during the Nov. 1 race at Martinsville Speedway. This is a Behavioral Penalty (Sections 12.1, 12.8). Kenseth has been suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events and placed on NASCAR probation for a six-month period following issuance of the penalty notice.
"Based upon our extensive review, we have concluded that the #20 car driver, who is no longer in the Chase, intentionally wrecked the #22 car driver, a Chase-eligible competitor who was leading the race at the time,"said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR executive vice president and chief racing development officer. "The #20 car was nine laps down, and eliminated the #22 car's opportunity to continue to compete in the race.
"Additionally, we factored aspects of safety into our decision, and also the fact that the new Chase elimination format puts a premium on each and every race. These actions have no place in NASCAR."
Danica Patrick, the driver of the #10 car, has been penalized for an infraction that also took place during the Nov. 1 race at Martinsville Speedway. This is a Behavioral Penalty (Sections 12.1, 12.8). Patrick has been fined $50,000, assessed with the loss of 25 series championship driver points and placed on NASCAR probation through Dec. 31.(NASCAR)(11-3-2015)

cdr

NAPCAR!!!   after being a fan for more than 40 years, I stopped watching after they said no Confederate flag.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

TruckDriver

Quote from: cdr on November 03, 2015, 07:53:49 PM
NAPCAR!!!   after being a fan for more than 40 years, I stopped watching after they said no Confederate flag.

If Gorden and or Logano win the championship, then I am done too after being a life long fan. Because then you can easily say it is scripted like the WWE.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

odcics2

I would have suspended Kenseth only one race... The first one next year!  :lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on November 04, 2015, 12:53:09 PM
I would have suspended Kenseth only one race... The first one next year!  :lol:

They needed to take something of real value from him.    Suspend him for a race now, but take the points from the first 2016 race.  THAT would send a message.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

yeah but if they didnt have some of this excitement , it would be even more boring   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

Finally, a good explanation from the man in charge on what has taken place. :

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2015/11/04/nascars-brian-france-says-matt-kenseth-suspended-for-impacting-chase/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Brian done good on his decision making this time.

odcics2

Double standard - if the car was a black #3 and this was in the 90's, there would have been no penalties...   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Chargen69

Did SR ever junk someone that bad, while many laps down?  I mean, yes he wrecked plenty of people, but wasnt it pretty much always for the lead or the win?

moparstuart

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 05, 2015, 06:57:53 AM
Did SR ever junk someone that bad, while many laps down?  I mean, yes he wrecked plenty of people, but wasnt it pretty much always for the lead or the win?
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  yup
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

thedodgeboys

wow ...

Its upheld 2 races suspension I would have thought they would cut it to one race...

A three-member panel upheld behavioral penalties against driver Matt Kenseth on Thursday, keeping him sidelined for the next two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races.

The National Motorsports Appeals Panel heard the appeal at the NASCAR Research & Development Center, ultimately ruling that Kenseth did not provide sufficient evidence to overturn his suspension or probation for his on-track incident last weekend with rival Joey Logano.

JB400

I think if Logano was deeper in the field, it might have been reduced.  However, since he was first when it happened,  I think that was the deciding factor.

He got what he deserved, even if Joey has been a dick about things lately.

Looks like Eric Jones will fill in.

TruckDriver

Who the heck is Eric Jones? Never heard of him :shruggy: I bet Nascar's tv rating hit the floor too this weekend. I know a few people that said there are not going to watch a race until Matt is back. I bet there is a LOT more too  :yesnod:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Eric Jones drives in the Truck series mostly, but does drive Nationwide races every once in a while.  He's filled in for Hamlin a time or two.

TruckDriver

Shows you how much I pay attention to the new drivers. I only watch Nascar now only because of a few drivers, one is Matt because I watched him race from his rookie year at Slinger Speedway (My local track) until he left for cup.
PETE