News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

Chargen69

I really really like Joe Gibbs, I just wished he hired more drivers like Matt, and less like denny, kyle, and carl

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/kenseth-unfairly-made-example-234928139.html

maxwellwedge

Quote from: JB400 on November 05, 2015, 06:33:44 PM
Eric Jones drives in the Truck series mostly, but does drive Nationwide races every once in a while.  He's filled in for Hamlin a time or two.

Some of the best racing is in the truck series........reminds me more of the time when drivers weren't so worried about being so PC because of their sponsors. Races are shorter so they need to get 'er done sooner.

TruckDriver

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 06, 2015, 11:06:30 AM
Quote from: JB400 on November 05, 2015, 06:33:44 PM
Eric Jones drives in the Truck series mostly, but does drive Nationwide races every once in a while.  He's filled in for Hamlin a time or two.

Some of the best racing is in the truck series........reminds me more of the time when drivers weren't so worried about being so PC because of their sponsors. Races are shorter so they need to get 'er done sooner.

I watch the trucks most of the time, but they usually are boring to me unless on bigger tracks.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 06, 2015, 10:46:30 AM
I really really like Joe Gibbs, I just wished he hired more drivers like Matt, and less like denny, kyle, and carl

Thank you for the link to this. YES, I agree about Joe Gibbs too. And I know what he is referring to, also, I believe the Atlanta crash with Brad K. and Carl E.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 06, 2015, 05:25:51 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on November 06, 2015, 10:46:30 AM

Thank you for the link to this. YES, I agree about Joe Gibbs too. And I know what he is referring to, also, I believe the Atlanta crash with Brad K. and Carl E.

Matt summed it up pretty good, looks like he demands respect, and I think he would do it all over again and again if the same jackass runs his mouth disrespectfully again

JB400

I don't think Joey was disrespectful, just not apologetic about it.  He called it like he saw it, which is the way it was.  It's not like he said he accidentally did it on purpose.

Chargen69

well, more than I think it was disrespectful, such as the other drivers and Matt who "junked" joey

it will be interesting to see their interactions next year. I think matt made his point, I doubt anybody will push him around for a while

Chargen69

oh, just curious, if Jeff is faster and bumps Joey for the win this week at texas, and then mouths off about it, everybody is okay with that?

bristol

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 07, 2015, 07:04:43 PM
oh, just curious, if Jeff is faster and bumps Joey for the win this week at texas, and then mouths off about it, everybody is okay with that?

Kyle Busch said it best "only matters whos name is above the door". Maybe Kenseth realized he isn't as "special" as he thought.

cdr

Quote from: bristol on November 07, 2015, 07:53:01 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on November 07, 2015, 07:04:43 PM

Kyle Busch said it best "only matters whos name is above the door". Maybe Kenseth realized he isn't as "special" as he thought.

He is now LOL
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

A383Wing

Perfect day so far.....Logano shreds a rear tire and he's in the garage.....

TruckDriver

Wellllllll, at least Brad didn't win either. This all good for Truex though  :yesnod:
PETE

keith88

How fitting that JR knocked out Logno of the chase glad he could return the favor. Matt was right he not going to win!! :nana: :rofl: :yesnod: :cheers:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Chargen69

Quote from: keith88 on November 16, 2015, 05:35:45 AM
How fitting that JR knocked out Logno of the chase glad he could return the favor. Matt was right he not going to win!! :nana: :rofl: :yesnod: :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :icon_smile_big: :slap:

wingcar

OK, after all the drama and on track "happenings" we now have the final four that includes Jeff Gordon (the sentimental favorite), Martin Truex Jr. (the underdog), Kevin Harvick (the reigning champ) and Kyle Busch (the comeback kid).

Personally, for me I like the final four.  It's a great field and each has an interesting story that will make for good reading.  Three of my choices are included even if I don't really follow NASCAR as much as I once did.  Bottom-line, if you couldn't find something that excited you about this Chase, then you are truly finished with NASCAR as a fan.  Pour a big glass of orange juice and enjoy the last race....it should be interesting since they have nothing to lose at this point and it's now all about winning..... 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Aero426

Still not sure what I think of the playoff format.    Harvick is the only one of the remaining four that would be there using conventional points.

Using the normal points format:
Truex would be 5th 146 points back
Gordon would be 10th, 207 points back
Kyle would be 20th, 458 points back

Chargen69

I still hate the chase.  I understand it is more exciting and drama makes good tv and all that.  But I still think it has cheapened the sport.  the fact that a guy could not only miss a race or two, but a LOT of races and still win the championship is crazy to me.  The days where there were MEN racing is dead and buried.  Oh, I dont feel well(denny hamlin), so i will sit this race out is BS.

just my  :Twocents:  but i think they should go to a modified version of the old points system. I'm okay with the 1 point per position idea, but give the winner of each race 15 points extra points, or something like that.

Aero426

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 16, 2015, 10:44:12 AM
 The days where there were MEN racing is dead and buried.  

Things Cale never said:  "I think I'll bake some cookies during this rain delay".  

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on November 16, 2015, 11:09:35 AM
Quote from: Chargen69 on November 16, 2015, 10:44:12 AM
 The days where there were MEN racing is dead and buried.  

Things Cale never said:  "I think I'll bake some cookies during this rain delay".  
I doubt she's any good at that either 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

keith88

OUCH  ,That going to leave a mark!!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

JB400

Looks like chicken instead of cookies.

Of the 4, I say Harvick stands a better chance of winning, but Gordon would be the crowd favorite.  I'll pull for Busch though.  I'd rather have the old points system like they still have in Nationwide and trucks.  Their systems have still been just as interesting and drama filled.  I see no need in making it up.