News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

With KyBu winning,  precedent has been set. Drivers can now negotiate their contracts to take 1/3 of the season off.   

The last caution must have been for a twist tie on the track.   What a joke.    Larson was coming and should have won that race. 

JB400

Larson lost it by a water bottle.  I really wanted to see him win it.  At least the champion won the race :P

RallyeMike

As far as I'm concerned, the history books of every season with the chase format should have a big Astrix next to "champion".

*  :icon_bs:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

wingcar

Personally I have no problem with Kyle's winning the Championship.   He did everything NASCAR officials asked of him and more.  I really feel that deep down inside that NASCAR never figured he could comeback, and for that matter no one ever figured he would do it in such an over the top way.   I am really tried of individuals who have a problem with the eleven races he missed....so what?  He actually did what he had to do in a shortened season, while other teams had those eleven races in which to win, and didn't.   I am not a big fan of Kyle, but that may change in time as he has shown that he can change and work through major issues that would have kept other teams down the whole season.   Both he and his brother have had their issues in the past, and I just hope that moving forward all those issues are now a thing of the past.   Still not a huge fan of the way NASCAR of today is.....but I can always change channels if I don't like what I see.  This race was worth watching.  (I was actually hoping for Jeff to win, but that didn't happen, so I was content with the fact that Harvick didn't win).  It's all over until next year, and Kyle is the 2015 Championship.....so get over it. 

Just my two cents.....  :Twocents:  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

keith88

Still sucks  ..booooooooo   :moon:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: wingcar on November 23, 2015, 10:31:05 AM
Personally I have no problem with Kyle's winning the Championship.   He did everything NASCAR officials asked of him and more.  I really feel that deep down inside that NASCAR never figured he could comeback, and for that matter no one ever figured he would do it in such an over the top way.   I am really tried of individuals who have a problem with the eleven races he missed....so what?  He actually did what he had to do in a shortened season, while other teams had those eleven races in which to win, and didn't.   I am not a big fan of Kyle, but that may change in time as he has shown that he can change and work through major issues that would have kept other teams down the whole season.   Both he and his brother have had their issues in the past, and I just hope that moving forward all those issues are now a thing of the past.   Still not a huge fan of the way NASCAR of today is.....but I can always change channels if I don't like what I see.  This race was worth watching.  (I was actually hoping for Jeff to win, but that didn't happen, so I was content with the fact that Harvick didn't win).  It's all over until next year, and Kyle is the 2015 Championship.....so get over it.  

Just my two cents.....  :Twocents:  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion......

Very much agree with the above.  :yesnod: With the exception of I would have been OK with Jeff......but preferred Truex or Kyle. JMO.....Harvick wrecked [6 car?] to get the caution he needed to advance. If Matt was penalized for interfering.....Harvick should have been too. Anyone but Harvick.

With the format of the chase as it is now with rewarding winning.....can anyone honestly say he did not deserve to compete for the championship? Dislike Kyle if you want.....but he can drive. Maybe there needs to be something in the rules that if you win 3 or more....your in. :shruggy:

Was not really a fan of the chase format......but gotta admit it was a good race. Was worth watching. :yesnod:

A383Wing

Quote from: wingcar on November 23, 2015, 10:31:05 AM
Personally I have no problem with Kyle's winning the Championship.   He did everything NASCAR officials asked of him and more.  I really feel that deep down inside that NASCAR never figured he could comeback, and for that matter no one ever figured he would do it in such an over the top way.   I am really tried of individuals who have a problem with the eleven races he missed....so what?  He actually did what he had to do in a shortened season, while other teams had those eleven races in which to win, and didn't.   I am not a big fan of Kyle, but that may change in time as he has shown that he can change and work through major issues that would have kept other teams down the whole season.   Both he and his brother have had their issues in the past, and I just hope that moving forward all those issues are now a thing of the past.   Still not a huge fan of the way NASCAR of today is.....but I can always change channels if I don't like what I see.  This race was worth watching.  (I was actually hoping for Jeff to win, but that didn't happen, so I was content with the fact that Harvick didn't win).  It's all over until next year, and Kyle is the 2015 Championship.....so get over it. 

Just my two cents.....  :Twocents:  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion......

exactly  :iagree:

RallyeMike

QuotePersonally I have no problem with Kyle's winning the Championship.   He did everything NASCAR officials asked of him and more.

I agree they worked hard and won it per the twisted chase rules. They have a top-rate team.

But the chase still blows hugely!

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TruckDriver

What bothers me about Kyle B, is part of the reason I am most of the time bored of Napscar, is because he wins EVERYTHING he is in. It's like they let him have more H.P. the all the other cars. There is no way normal that he could win every damn Xfinity and truck race he is in. :P :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wingcar

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 24, 2015, 08:35:06 AM
What bothers me about Kyle B, is part of the reason I am most of the time bored of Napscar, is because he wins EVERYTHING he is in. It's like they let him have more H.P. the all the other cars. There is no way normal that he could win every damn Xfinity and truck race he is in. :P :rotz:

Every era has had a driver that seems to win everything he runs.  Such as Lee Petty, Richard Petty, David Pearson, Darrel Waltip, Dale Earnhardt, Jeff Gordon, and Jimmie Johnson, just to name a few.  These drivers have their "time in the lime-light", but eventually that stops and another driver takes up the mantel and runs with it.   (Nothing lasts forever.....)  Kyle will have his day, but he and every other driver understands that the day will come when the next win will never come....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Aero426

What bothers me about Kyle B, is part of the reason I am most of the time bored of Napscar, is because he wins EVERYTHING he is in.

I think the reason Kyle wins is because he is just that good.   Not a fan, but he is a wheel man.    Same reason why people booed Jeff Gordon in the 90's.   

Pete,  when Butch Hartman won seven out of eight USAC races at Milwaukee in 1973-74, they had the signs out, "Anyone but Butch".    Anyone who wins too much becomes somewhat unpopular.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Aero426 on November 24, 2015, 10:54:14 AM
What bothers me about Kyle B, is part of the reason I am most of the time bored of Napscar, is because he wins EVERYTHING he is in.

I think the reason Kyle wins is because he is just that good.   Not a fan, but he is a wheel man.    Same reason why people booed Jeff Gordon in the 90's.   

Pete,  when Butch Hartman won seven out of eight USAC races at Milwaukee in 1973-74, they had the signs out, "Anyone but Butch".    Anyone who wins too much becomes somewhat unpopular.

You're right, I forgot about that  :yesnod:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Chargen69

JB400

Something to look forward to next year:  Darlington is having the retro paint schemes brought back.

TruckDriver

Cool, I liked that. My mom will be happy, because this year, she missed it
PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

The caution clock is a joke. and will ruin the truck series.  Honestly, I liked the original format they had, which was similar to the Winston Select.

In other news, heat races are being introduced in select Xfinity races.

cbrestorations

best nascar racing ive ever seen was trucks at eldora, hands down awesome. quick heat races, last chance nail bitter and then about a 1hr race. this 3hrs of playing merry go-round till the last 20 laps to actually start racing sucks

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chargen69 on January 19, 2016, 06:52:22 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/nascar-caution-clock-rule-reaction

First time I saw this. That IS a joke. It will kill the series fairly fast is my guess. I wont watch it no more now, screw that. I'll go back to watching Sprint Cars.
PETE

Aero426

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 20, 2016, 09:09:12 AM
Quote from: Chargen69 on January 19, 2016, 06:52:22 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/nascar-caution-clock-rule-reaction

First time I saw this. That IS a joke. It will kill the series fairly fast is my guess. I wont watch it no more now, screw that. I'll go back to watching Sprint Cars.

The clock rule at face value seems completely asinine.    Might as well just have a 20 lap race and call it good.

TruckDriver

That was basically what I thought after reading that.... Heat races at best.  :rotz:
PETE