News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Quote from: raybeez on May 03, 2008, 09:54:28 AM
Here's a photo from Phoenix International Raceway...2005 I think

I think I have a piece of that car of Ryans.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

pettyfan43

Quote from: raybeez on May 03, 2008, 09:54:28 AM
Here's a photo from Phoenix International Raceway...2005 I think

now THAT'S a cool racecar!!!

pettyfan43

Hey Chargerboy69, Check this out...NOPE it AIN'T  a Die Cast. That is the 03 8 win paint job, and I've partially finished the Sony Car from Dover that year!

raybeez

Well, just got done watching the race tonight.

Somebody's got to give Kyle Busch a facefull of knuckles! What a cheap shot...pushing 'lil Earnhardt up the racetrack and out of winning the race.

Then to hear D. Waltrip in the booth "explain" things to us who were watching....insulting!
I mean, doesn't D.W. sponsor Toyota? I think I clearly saw Kyle's tires turning UP toward the outside wall while he was driving INTO Earnhardt.

I watched the clip of the night BEFORE where Kyle Busch was in another altercation with a different driver. When is NASCAR gonna do something about this jerk!?!?  :flame:

At least there were two Dodge vehicles in the top ten!

General_01

Kyle Busch is such a pinhead. I will say that he got loose going into the corner. The problem is, he knows that is what will happen and he does it anyway. I was hoping Mark Martin would have clipped him, but Mark isn't a cheap shot driver like Peewee Herman. What a douchbag!

I will tell you this, Steve Wallace won't take any crap from Kyle in the Nationwide Series. He bumped Kyle, then pulled up to let Kyle go by him and Kyle still drove into him after the race and then went to go give him a piece of his mind. Wallace just grab his helmet and yanked it a little. Afterwards, Kyle said Steve might want to be careful because Steve is running for points and Kyle isn't. If Kyle tears up any more of Rusty's cars in the Nationwide Series, Rusty will probably get in a car to rub Kyle into the wall a few times since he won't be running for points either. I would love to see that. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

BigBlackDodge

I thought it was pretty funny that DW didn't saying anything about his little bro being parked after acting like an idiot..........  :rofl:

BBD

chargerboy69

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on May 03, 2008, 11:36:47 PM
I thought it was pretty funny that DW didn't saying anything about his little bro being parked after acting like an idiot..........  :rofl:

BBD

DW is such a tool. Mikey and Toyota do no wrong.

One thing my wife and I noticed is DW's hair last night. He needs to lay off the old man "Just for Men" red hair color. Thrown in a couple pigtails and he will be doing commercials for Wendys.

I do not think Kyle wrecked Jr. on purpose. Kyle is an aggressive driver and pushed it. I felt so bad for Jr. last night. In the interview I thought the guy was going to cry. That guy needs a win.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 03, 2008, 07:06:10 PM
Hey Chargerboy69, Check this out...NOPE it AIN'T  a Die Cast. That is the 03 8 win paint job, and I've partially finished the Sony Car from Dover that year!

Cool. Like to see pics when its done.

--Gerald Ford

Shakey

The # 3 car did things like this for years and everyone  :punkrocka:

Someone does it to his son and everyone  :bawling:

Mike DC

Ain't that the truth.

Big E and Darrel Waltrip  .  .  .  those two might as well have been holding their steering wheels wearing boxing gloves during the mid-80s. 

General_01

I wasn't a fan of Big E's either, just for this reason. The cheapest shot I thought he ever gave anybody was Terry Labonte at Bristol. :flame: Anybody can win if they wreck the competition.

Kyle Busch has got to be the biggest baby in the series now. I wish somebody would wreck a few of Joe Gibbs' #18 cars and shut that dumba** up. I was halfway hoping Jr would pull a Cole Trickle when he came in to get tires after Kyle spun him. Change four tires and drive out onto the track right into the side of that #18. That would have been priceless to see.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Mike DC

#3 always had his share of detractors in the crowd, but he could have really been THE  totally hated bad-guy of the whole sport if he had done things just a little bit differently. 

Imagine if he hadn't been quite as good a driver.  And imagine if he'd been just a little bit less of a hardass about ignoring his own safety and injuries.  He could have gone down in NASCAR history as a pretty textbook villian behind the wheel.

hutch

I was in the stands and saw it real time. its racing.  When you are down to two laps to go you are not going to just slow down and let someone pass you and give them the win because their name is Dale Jr.  Cant fault Kyle or anyone in the last laps of a race.

Everyone wants to act like Kyle is the bad guy when he drives just like what Dale Sr did back in the day and we all loved him for it.  Its racing.  Damn good racing too.  Cant just get all soft in the last few laps and let people have the right of way on a track heading to the checker flag.  You got to fight for that win or no one will want to watch.  The sport will turn into socker or something gay like that.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

chargerboy69

Looks like the Penske Dodge boys might be getting a new teamate.

Jayski- Truex to Penske? with UPS? hearing that Martin Truex, current driver of the #1 DEI Chevy, could be headed to a 4th Penske Racing team with UPS as the sponsor.(5-4-2008) Comment here

And I think everyone knew Stewart was going to leave Gibbs. That switch to Toyota cost them a great driver. Rumors are also floating that Ryan Newman might sign on with Tony if this happens. Ryan and Tony are great friends. And Ryans contract is up at the end of 2010. But as we know, drivers leave early.

Jayski- Latest Stewart Rumor...Bass Pro Shops? There has been no official word from either side, but it is becoming increasingly likely that #20-Tony Stewart will indeed leave car owners Joe and J.D. Gibbs at the end of this season, to start his own team, under the Rick Hendrick Chevrolet [with Haas CNC?] umbrella, possibly with Bass Pro Shops as his sponsor. If Stewart does depart, that would leave the Gibbses looking for a new driver. Joey Logano's chances of getting the nod? Sunday's Carolina 500 at Rockingham Speedway could offer clues. Logano is to start from the pole.(Winston Salem Journal)(5-8-2008) Comment here

--Gerald Ford

The70RT

Quote from: hutch on May 05, 2008, 10:41:03 AM
I was in the stands and saw it real time. its racing.  When you are down to two laps to go you are not going to just slow down and let someone pass you and give them the win because their name is Dale Jr.  Cant fault Kyle or anyone in the last laps of a race.

Everyone wants to act like Kyle is the bad guy when he drives just like what Dale Sr did back in the day and we all loved him for it.  Its racing.  Damn good racing too.  Cant just get all soft in the last few laps and let people have the right of way on a track heading to the checker flag.  You got to fight for that win or no one will want to watch.  The sport will turn into socker or something gay like that.

He doesn't have to do it all the time...he is not Dale and never will be. He will find out how soft the safer barriers are if he keeps it up  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hutch

Quote from: The70RT on May 05, 2008, 12:46:57 PM
Quote from: hutch on May 05, 2008, 10:41:03 AM

He doesn't have to do it all the time...he is not Dale and never will be. He will find out how soft the safer barriers are if he keeps it up  :D

:icon_smile_big:

hutch

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opinion/05/05/jmenzer.dearnhardtjr.kybusch.bad.boy/index.html

Right or wrong, it's good to have bad boy Busch here
Busch's aggressiveness reminiscent of Junior's father
By Joe Menzer, NASCAR.COM

:scratchchin: :scratchchin:

TruckDriver

That new Challenger pace car sure looks cool out in front of the Nationwide series :yesnod: :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hutch

It was out in front for the Sprint cup as well.  Pretty hot. 

Oh and by the way.

GO KYLE 18!  That kid can drive.
:nana: :D

chargerboy69

Quote from: hutch on May 12, 2008, 09:25:28 AM

Oh and by the way.

Your right, that kid sure can drive. I think he is one reason Gibbs does not really care that they are losing Stewart.

--Gerald Ford

hutch

Quote from: chargerboy69 on May 12, 2008, 09:47:05 AM
Quote from: hutch on May 12, 2008, 09:25:28 AM

Oh and by the way.

Your right, that kid sure can drive. I think he is one reason Gibbs does not really care that they are losing Stewart.

To come back from last after that lug nut deal in the pits.  Man that was just unreal on a track like the lady in black.  He had almost no breaks and his stearing was all screwed up, He hit the wall 9 times.  And he overcame that last place deal to win it with ease in the last 10 laps. 

I could not sleep till about 4am after that race.  I was blown away watching it replay out on my DVR.

the kid is the Tiger Woods of NASCAR right now I think.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

Kyle (Pee Wee Herman) Busch is still a Ass H*** Cry Baby.

I think Nascar wanted a new hero this year, so they are letting all the teams that he drives for get away with a few more horse power. That's the only way he can win in all three divisions. How else can some one go from no wins to winning almost everything there is in every division. If he was so good, I think Hendrick would of kept him. :Twocents:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargerboy69

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on May 12, 2008, 01:47:03 PM
Kyle (Pee Wee Herman) Busch is still a Ass H*** Cry Baby.

I think Nascar wanted a new hero this year, so they are letting all the teams that he drives for get away with a few more horse power. That's the only way he can win in all three divisions. How else can some one go from no wins to winning almost everything there is in every division. If he was so good, I think Hendrick would of kept him. :Twocents:

I agree and disagree with parts of your last post.

First, I agree he is a dick. And the kid could use a personality make-over.

But the kid has been winning for a few years now. He did not just start winning this year. In the Cup series he has 14 wins total. Not bad for a 22 year old kid. As far as Hendrick letting him go, go back to my first point. He is a dick, and they were able to replace him with the most popular driver in NASCAR, Dale Jr. Hendrick is making so much more money with Jr. than Kyle, even though Jr. has not won a race. Jr brought in 75% of DEI's income. I personally think Jr. and Hendrick did not want the number 8 or Bud as a sponsor so all the fans would be forced to buy all new gear.

I do not think they brought in Jr. to win, Kyle was doing that. They brought in Jr. for the cash.

--Gerald Ford

Shakey

When Tony Stewart pisses and moans it's OK 'cause he's speaking his mind but when Kyle Busch does it he is a cry baby?   :shruggy: