News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

I dont like either one they are both cry baby's  and drive toyota  :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TruckDriver

Quote from: Shakey on May 12, 2008, 02:33:02 PM

When Tony Stewart pisses and moans it's OK 'cause he's speaking his mind but when Kyle Busch does it he is a cry baby?   :shruggy:

I like Tony, but he still needs a good kick in the ass once in a while.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

pettyfan43

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on May 12, 2008, 01:47:03 PM
Kyle (Pee Wee Herman) Busch is still a Ass H*** Cry Baby.

I think Nascar wanted a new hero this year, so they are letting all the teams that he drives for get away with a few more horse power. That's the only way he can win in all three divisions. How else can some one go from no wins to winning almost everything there is in every division. If he was so good, I think Hendrick would of kept him. :Twocents:

OK I can't STAND Kyle Busch and Kurt is not one of my favorites (though he has GREATLY matured in the past two years)

But those two guys CAN drive the CRAP out of a racecar. The 5 car hasn't been a consistent car with Hendrick since Terry Labonte left (He and Schrader are my favorite Hendrick drivers EVER Especially the ICEMAN!) And the 25 car NEVER HAS been a consistent winner since Tim Richmond. The 24,48 and 88 get the good proven RELIABLE stuff, the 5 and 25 are R&D cars! That is all they have been for years!

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on May 12, 2008, 02:41:07 PM
  I dont like either one they are both cry baby's  and drive toyota  :Twocents: :Twocents:

Yeah buddy  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerboy69

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 12, 2008, 06:45:51 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on May 12, 2008, 01:47:03 PM
Kyle (Pee Wee Herman) Busch is still a Ass H*** Cry Baby.

I think Nascar wanted a new hero this year, so they are letting all the teams that he drives for get away with a few more horse power. That's the only way he can win in all three divisions. How else can some one go from no wins to winning almost everything there is in every division. If he was so good, I think Hendrick would of kept him. :Twocents:

OK I can't STAND Kyle Busch and Kurt is not one of my favorites (though he has GREATLY matured in the past two years)

But those two guys CAN drive the CRAP out of a racecar.

Heck yea. I am starting a team, along with a handfull of other drivers, the Busch brothers are at the top of my list of drivers.

For a popularity contest, no. . . .To win.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hutch

pretty much all of the great racers were ass holes.  DW was a jerk in his day as was Dale Sr. We dont watch racing because the guy we like is nice and goes around making sure he does not bump into someone or make someone upset.  We watch it because the guy(s) we like drive hard and win and risk their lives to entertain us.

Being a dick is not an issue.  I dont put money into a race or sit for 5  hours so I can see everyone hug each other on TV.  I want hard ass racing.  His bitching does get to me but I dont care because he wins.

I dont understand why so many people are Dale Jr fans. I guess its because of his last name.   

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

The70RT

Quote from: hutch on May 12, 2008, 07:41:09 PM
pretty much all of the great racers were ass holes.  DW was a jerk in his day as was Dale Sr. We dont watch racing because the guy we like is nice and goes around making sure he does not bump into someone or make someone upset.  We watch it because the guy(s) we like drive hard and win and risk their lives to entertain us.

Being a dick is not an issue.  I dont put money into a race or sit for 5  hours so I can see everyone hug each other on TV.  I want hard ass racing.  His bitching does get to me but I dont care because he wins.

I dont understand why so many people are Dale Jr fans. I guess its because of his last name.   

Non asshole champions - Richard Petty, Both Labonte's, Dale Jarret, &  Mark Martin ran second in points for I think 4 times. I guess If Mark raced like Kyle Busch He would have been a 5 time champion.

hutch

Quote from: The70RT on May 12, 2008, 10:27:07 PM
Quote from: hutch on May 12, 2008, 07:41:09 PM

Non asshole champions - Richard Petty, Both Labonte's, Dale Jarret, &  Mark Martin ran second in points for I think 4 times. I guess If Mark raced like Kyle Busch He would have been a 5 time champion.
I will give you that.

Jerret and Martin are the two good guys thats for sure.  And the King has class thats for sure.   I just like more excitment in my racing, thats all.

raybeez

I think Tony Stewart should drive for a dodge team...

We need a guy who doesn't mind pushing people out of the way!

73chgrSE

Kurt Busch used to be more aggressive. Not as much now that he's in a dodge.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 73chgrSE on May 14, 2008, 12:02:35 PM

because they're not fast enough to catch anybody for a bump n run?  :lol:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

The70RT

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 14, 2008, 12:45:43 PM

Unless your at Daytona on the last lap....then you don't need to bump & run anyway.

hutch

Quote from: The70RT on May 14, 2008, 04:40:45 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on May 14, 2008, 12:45:43 PM

Unless your at Daytona on the last lap....then you don't need to bump & run anyway.

Thats because it was a bump and push.   :)

What gets Toyota rolling so fast is it has a stake in Formula 1, Nascar, Baha and street Motorcycle and offroad Motorcycle racing.    Outside fo Honda, Toyota has a large racing stake in the engine game.  Dodge is all worried about what a bunch of commies in DC have to say.

Ponch ®

Quote from: hutch on May 14, 2008, 05:30:22 PM

What gets Toyota rolling so fast is it has a stake in Formula 1, Nascar, Baha and street Motorcycle and offroad Motorcycle racing.    Outside fo Honda, Toyota has a large racing stake in the engine game.  Dodge is all worried about what a bunch of commies in DC have to say.

I don't know if I agree with that. Toyota does participate in all sorts of motorsports, but it has only been successful in the ones where it either completely outspends everyone or the other manufacturers aren't really trying (Baja, NASCAR Trucks). But then you look at their experiences in the IRL - they were basically run of the sport by Honda. Formula One...billions spent and not a single victory (or even close to one) to show for it. Then you have NASCAR. They're pretty much dominating Cup and Nationwide right now, but I have a suspicion that it's not so much Toyota as it is Gibbs. If you look at the other Toyota teams, they're not really that much better than they were last year. I have a strong suspicion that this would have been Gibbs' year whether it was with Toyota, Chevy, or KIA.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

raybeez

Anyone remember this guy? I think he drives a chebby now...usually in the back of the pack.

hutch

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 14, 2008, 06:27:49 PM
Quote from: hutch on May 14, 2008, 05:30:22 PM

I don't know if I agree with that. Toyota does participate in all sorts of motorsports, but it has only been successful in the ones where it either completely outspends everyone or the other manufacturers aren't really trying (Baja, NASCAR Trucks). But then you look at their experiences in the IRL - they were basically run of the sport by Honda. Formula One...billions spent and not a single victory (or even close to one) to show for it. Then you have NASCAR. They're pretty much dominating Cup and Nationwide right now, but I have a suspicion that it's not so much Toyota as it is Gibbs. If you look at the other Toyota teams, they're not really that much better than they were last year. I have a strong suspicion that this would have been Gibbs' year whether it was with Toyota, Chevy, or KIA.

Good points.  Gibbs is the main reason why I liked Kyle, Denny and Smoke.  Being from Virginia I am a Redskins fan.  Joe Gibbs is one hell of a team sport motivator.

The70RT

Quote from: raybeez on May 14, 2008, 11:40:24 PM
Anyone remember this guy? I think he drives a chebby now...usually in the back of the pack.

Originaly Sterling Marlin. He was ahead in the points race and broke his neck at Kansas Speedway inaugural race  :eek2: The next week Jami Mcmurray won in that car. David Stremie (spelled wrong?) took over after that and didn't do crap.

hutch

http://www.nascar.com/promos/allstar/vote/login.html
not too late to vote for fan favorite if you have a NASCAR account.

400/6/PAC

Sterling Marlin
I got to meet him once, Very nice Guy.
I got a signed Coors Light raceing cap.

chargerboy69

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on May 17, 2008, 07:57:36 AM
Sterling Marlin
I got to meet him once, Very nice Guy.
I got a signed Coors Light raceing cap.

I remember a couple years ago Sterling got into Ryan Newman and spun him out. Ryan said on his radio he wandered if Sterlings hairpiece fell down and he could not see.  :smilielol:  :smilielol:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

The70RT

We have a million dollar winner! GO KASEY  :boogie: The bottom pic is for the yodas..... Sorry Kyle :'(

The70RT

Quote from: The70RT on May 17, 2008, 10:08:52 PM
We have a million dollar winner! GO KASEY  :boogie: The bottom pic is for the yodas..... Sorry Kyle :'(

Now a 600 winner  :cheers: Sorry Tony  :nana:

raybeez

Finally a sweet mopar win! :2thumbs:

I feel bad for lil Earnhardt, but he did finish 5th so it wasn't so bad.

Looks like "smoke" got smoked  :smilielol:

The only thing that would have made it better is if lil Busch would have wrecked his 'yota.

General_01

I was hoping Tony's tires would hold out. I thought his tires might not last when he came in with 50-60 laps and only got fuel. His tires were on there a long time. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Glad Kasey was there to get the win instead of Pee Wee Herman. I think Evernham is finally getting things together on Kaseys team. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Guns N Rotors

The even hand of NASCAR.

18 in front of the 22... on restart.

Who needs technology  :shruggy:

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."