News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 29, 2008, 04:37:34 PM
Well at least todays winner is a Busch that drives a Dodge.

A good strategy by Kurt and his crew paid off.

:2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hutch

Quote from: The70RT on June 29, 2008, 06:57:46 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 29, 2008, 04:37:34 PM
Well at least todays winner is a Busch that drives a Dodge.

A good strategy by Kurt and his crew paid off.

:2thumbs:

And at least I got to see Jr knocked out trying to get some gas.  LOL    :smilielol:  :smilielol:

That poor kid has no luck at all. 

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

General_01

If the rumor is true, at least Tony will be in an American car. Guess I better hold off on buying any Home Depot/Tony Stewart stuff and wait for the Office Depot stuff. :icon_smile_big: I wonder if he will try to take Greg with him. Hope so. Those two are a good combo.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

hutch

Let the Daytona good times roll.  This is one of my fav tracks in NASCAR this weekend.  Should be good to see some good ole drafting.

Im the #11 fan on the left.  That was back in Jan at the start of this season.  One of the best times of my life.  Great racing.

Dont you wish you could work on your car like this.

And for you Jr fans.  I missed 1/2 the race because of them bad boys.  :cheers:

Shakey

I never saw any of the race this past weekend but just heard that Michael Waltrip came in 2nd.   :o

The70RT

Quote from: Shakey on July 02, 2008, 12:05:46 PM

I never saw any of the race this past weekend but just heard that Michael Waltrip came in 2nd.   :o

By default. He stayed out while the top 15 came in. Then came the rain and they never went back green.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shakey

Quote from: The70RT on July 02, 2008, 09:39:32 PM
Quote from: Shakey on July 02, 2008, 12:05:46 PM

By default. He stayed out while the top 15 came in. Then came the rain and they never went back green.

Of course, I shoulda known -  :lol:

Still money in the bank though!

mikepmcs

I was glad for Mike on that one.  He needed a good finish.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

400/6/PAC

He hasn't seen the top 10 or 20 for that matter in a long time.
Take it any way You can get it.

Shakey

I've got the race on right now and these guys talking are driving me nuts.

Bill Weber, Larry Mac, Kyle Petty -  :blahblah:

Shakey

So I fall asleep on the couch and wake up as I hear "Gordon is spinning down the frontstretch" and then I see the # 18 win and the crowd goes wild!   :lol:

mikepmcs

Yup, just got home from the races and missed everything but Kyle taking a bow.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hutch

man that was a great race.  To see Kyle Busch fight his way from last to first is great.  That Kid can drive   :nana:

All them stupid pop up comercials were driving me nuts.   Got to love ole gordon getting spit out of the pack like that and tossed into the infield.   :smilielol:   Man I love the seaon Hendrick racing is having this year.

chargerboy69

Quote from: hutch on July 06, 2008, 06:04:52 AM

All them stupid pop up comercials were driving me nuts.      

I was thinking the same thing. But they were trying to do it like the Indy 500 and have a split screen. That way we saw more of the race.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

General_01

And Pee Wee Herman wins another race. :eek2: He sure brought the field up to speed for that last restart real slooooooow though. I don't even know why they try to do the green, white, checkered on the restrictor plate tracks. They always have wrecks on the green flag lap anyways. ::)
496 stroker
4-speed

chargerman68

it was an ok race i was cheering on kasey #9  finding for third then jr ass got loose ran up the track and flaten his front fender causing a rub..i couldnt believe he held on till that caution then got 4 new tires and haul'd ass from 24 to 7 in just a few short laps.....

too bad for jr :hah: :hah:#88
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

hutch

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 06, 2008, 09:29:02 AM
Quote from: hutch on July 06, 2008, 06:04:52 AM

All them stupid pop up comercials were driving me nuts.      

I was thinking the same thing. But they were trying to do it like the Indy 500 and have a split screen. That way we saw more of the race.

In talking with my buddy about it today, he said he never has the sound on the TV, he keeps the radio playing the MRN broadcast. turned up loud with the TV on and gets better coverage.  Might try that next week.  They do cover more race time than Fox did. I just want to know whats going on all around the track.

Ponch ®

Not that it wasn't expected, but it's official now. Tony Stewart will be driving for his own team (Stewart-Haas) next year.

I for one am glad to see Smoke back in a domestic brand (even if its Chebby). Still, he's not gonna win any races for a year or two (and let's hope his team doesnt "Waltrip").

Discuss.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

General_01

I think Smoke has a better chance than most coming out strong his first year. He already has a few teams in the smaller dirt track divisions so he has learned a few things about being an owner. He also already has the big hurdle of a major sponsor for his car. He also is a past champion so he should be alright for the first 6 races next year as far as qualifying goes(past champions provisional). What I really can't wait to see is how he races PeeWee Herman when he isn't his teamate. :D
496 stroker
4-speed

pettyfan43

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 10, 2008, 03:11:43 PM
Not that it wasn't expected, but it's official now. Tony Stewart will be driving for his own team (Stewart-Haas) next year.

I for one am glad to see Smoke back in a domestic brand (even if its Chebby). Still, he's not gonna win any races for a year or two (and let's hope his team doesnt "Waltrip").

Discuss.

GM NEVER wanted to lose Smoke as a spokesman. I don't think he will go winless for the whole year either!  I never got the sense he liked the whole yoyo deal at all. I don't think he was ever happy with that.

His teams he owns are all very successful and they WIN. Don't think this venture will be ANY different.

I SERIOUSLY doubt he will "Waltrip" The biggest difference is that Tony is about 10  times the driver that Mikey is.

chargerboy69

Quote from: pettyfan43 on July 10, 2008, 06:31:58 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on July 10, 2008, 03:11:43 PM

GM NEVER wanted to lose Smoke as a spokesman. I don't think he will go winless for the whole year either!  I never got the sense he liked the whole yoyo deal at all. I don't think he was ever happy with that.

His teams he owns are all very successful and they WIN. Don't think this venture will be ANY different.

I SERIOUSLY doubt he will "Waltrip" The biggest difference is that Tony is about 10  times the driver that Mikey is.

Your right that GM did not want to lose him. They are the ones who paid Gibbs off for the rest of his contract. I am sure it was a decent amount of cash. As soon as Gibbs signed with Toyota rumors flew right away Stewart was leaving.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hutch

I think its a great deal for Gibbs to dump Tony.  Now they can look at pulling Lagono up from Nationwide and have 3 young guns rolling for him.  Gibbs racing is strong as hell.    And Tony pulling in a no winning stumb like Newman is a joke.  that kid should turn in his keys and give someone else a chance.

For me, its not about the cars anymore.  Its more about the drivers. I stopped getting excited about the cars in the early 90's when they all started moveing away from the stock body and the auto makers stopped putting money in racing like they did in the old days.   I think Joe Gibbs is a great leader and has a solid team right now.

pettyfan43

Quote from: hutch on July 10, 2008, 07:01:43 PM
I think its a great deal for Gibbs to dump Tony.  Now they can look at pulling Lagono up from Nationwide and have 3 young guns rolling for him.  Gibbs racing is strong as hell.    And Tony pulling in a no winning stumb like Newman is a joke.  that kid should turn in his keys and give someone else a chance.

For me, its not about the cars anymore.  Its more about the drivers. I stopped getting excited about the cars in the early 90's when they all started moveing away from the stock body and the auto makers stopped putting money in racing like they did in the old days.   I think Joe Gibbs is a great leader and has a solid team right now.

If you actually watch "for the drivers" you should know that the two guys you are running down are two of the absolute DRIVERS in the series today. Sure Kyle Busch is a good driver, but he is an absolute WHINER that thinks his crap doesn't stink!!! If HE takes somebody out, well that's just racing. Let someone take HIM out and he should have the ability to wreck them EVERY WEEK.

He's a whiny little sh!*head and toyota deserves his type, they BOTH suck.

hutch

well that little poop head can bring a car from the end with 40 cars in front of him all the way to the front in less than 60 laps and win, time and time again.  Sure he is ugly and an ass, but the kid is the best driver on the track today.  Denny is holding his own as well and this Joey Lagono kid Gibbs has is a pistol of a driver in the Nationwide races and I think he is going to hold his own when they pull him up.

If take a car from the 40th slot to the front in less than 60 laps is so easy why is Newman not bring his up at least 10 slots?  That boy got lucky in a draft lineup in daytona and was pushed that last 1/4 mile to win.  Kyle led most of that race and had a great last lap but came up short on the draft.

The kid can drive.  he might win the cup this year.  And I dont see tony or newman doing anything other than sucking down cheese burgers and burning up gas. 

pettyfan43

Look, it happens every year or two. Somebody finds something in their setup of the car, and goes on a tear winning races. Newman won 8 in 93 in THEIR first year with Dodge.

A few years ago Matt Kenseth won 6 or 7. IT happens and EVERY time it does, people go around screaming about how Such & Such driver is the best driver. You ever notice that Gordon had a few years where he won a BUNCH of races. Yeah I know he got lucky. You can't TELL me that Busch is a better driver than Stewart. Newman Gordon (MAN that hurts to say) or even Jimmy Johnson ( I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!)

Have you noticed that the Gibbs yotas are the ONLY yotas that are even consistently competitive?

Whereas Evernham AND Penske Dodges have won races.  I LOVE how busch is the greatest driver for winning races, and Newman won the Daytona 500 and he "got lucky".  Kyle busch couldn't win ANYWHERE besides bristol before this year.

His high tide WILL drop, he is just on a roll right now. The best on the track, NO!

How long have you been paying attention to the sport anyway? (just curious)