News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

I love NASCAR, but like other people, it has left stock car racing. That is why i would just as quick watch dirt track as I would Nascar. :-\

dukeboy_318

:flame: :flame: i also watched it, my dad went to it, won his ticket from the radio, anyway, i dont blame the track, i blame nascar and especially goodyear.  The track was diamond cut at nascars request back in 2004 right after the 400 in order to help the stock cars get more grip out of the tires and make for a better race, it has worked to a degree up until now.  The problem is that the COT is 400 lbs heavier, taller, more hp and by using the same tire from previous years without extensive testing, created the situation we had yesterday.  Yes it was junk, i hated that race, worse ive ever seen.  However, i dont blame Tony George or IMS, I mainly blame goodyear, they have known for 4 years that this track was diamond cut and what type of wear it had on the old car.  They also have seen this at other places such as Alanta and Vegas earlier this year, that the new car is alot harder on tires, this should have been fixed/addressed months ago. and nasr is at fault by only allowing 3 drivers to partake in the one single day tire test conducts back in april of this year, where tempatures are 20-40 degrees cooler, but yet according to nascar, it was an issue then, why wasnt goodyear concerned and why didnt they fixed the tire then??  I think goodyear should refund not only the fans, but also the money the teams spent on tires through out the whole weekend, at 1700 bucks a set, 10 or more sets a day times three days, your talking close to 80k dollars spent on junk tires, boo on goodyear.  :eek2: :eek2: :brickwall:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

DodgeByDave

I am glad that nobody is blaming IMS.

Say what you want about TG, but, he has spent money on the place that his grandfather never would have.

He never ask for tax concessions from local government, pays for the local and state police security. He's taken a paved cow pasture and turned it into a world class facility

He booked in CDB for the mornings entertainment and as usual Charlie was rockin'. Sure he was trying to sell tix. Somebody had to do something.

If Nascar and Goodyear want to salvage this, they had bettered reach deep in their own pockets and give something back to the fans that got hosed yesterday.

The France's might be rich and can act like dictators in Daytona Beach, but they are just another sanctioning body here.

Can you say ALMS? The new bike race will play to a sellout.

The only sellout yesterday was Nascar and Goodyear. They sold out you fans to line their own Pockets.

Send a message. Boycott that turkey product at Pocono. Less than half full stands will junk that POS COT within 2 races.

"It's here deal with it" is just another way of saying "we know it sucks"

I was a fan of Nascar until it was turned into a spec series a decade ago. There was better racing at the Whiteland go kart track on saturday night
III, we are everywhere

WingCharger

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on July 28, 2008, 02:22:22 PM
:flame: :flame: i also watched it, my dad went to it, won his ticket from the radio, anyway, i dont blame the track, i blame nascar and especially goodyear.  The track was diamond cut at nascars request back in 2004 right after the 400 in order to help the stock cars get more grip out of the tires and make for a better race, it has worked to a degree up until now.  The problem is that the COT is 400 lbs heavier, taller, more hp and by using the same tire from previous years without extensive testing, created the situation we had yesterday.  Yes it was junk, i hated that race, worse ive ever seen.  However, i dont blame Tony George or IMS, I mainly blame goodyear, they have known for 4 years that this track was diamond cut and what type of wear it had on the old car.  They also have seen this at other places such as Alanta and Vegas earlier this year, that the new car is alot harder on tires, this should have been fixed/addressed months ago. and nasr is at fault by only allowing 3 drivers to partake in the one single day tire test conducts back in april of this year, where tempatures are 20-40 degrees cooler, but yet according to nascar, it was an issue then, why wasnt goodyear concerned and why didnt they fixed the tire then??  I think goodyear should refund not only the fans, but also the money the teams spent on tires through out the whole weekend, at 1700 bucks a set, 10 or more sets a day times three days, your talking close to 80k dollars spent on junk tires, boo on goodyear.  :eek2: :eek2: :brickwall:

I HATE THE DAMN CAR OF TOMORROW!!! Lets race Daytonas and 500s again!!!

That would be AWESOME!!

The70RT

If I traveled to see that race I would have been pissed too.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on July 28, 2008, 09:23:26 PM
If I traveled to see that race I would have been pissed too.
my buddy who owns a salvage yard in kansas city went, he got back this afternoon and was so pissed off
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chargen69

was it just me or did everybody hear the praises the owners and crew chiefs were giving NASCAR and good year for doing such a good job? 

Wow, they have really been P-whipped into little robots havent they

hutch

Quote from: Chargen69 on July 29, 2008, 12:38:30 AM
was it just me or did everybody hear the praises the owners and crew chiefs were giving NASCAR and good year for doing such a good job? 

They say that because no one got hurt.  The focus on safty more now than ever and when they get into a spot like this and all the boys come out of it ok, this is the exact pat on the back they pull out of the dust bin.

How about the  days in daytona when the track did not even have a wall!  Google Lee Petty going over the wall, its what ended his racing profession.  It was as if he drove off a 10 story building at 130mph and he lived.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

pettyfan43

I only have one question, What the hell is Brett Bodine gonna do with the lap leader bonus for all those laps he led in the pace car?!?!?!?!??!!??!   

What a RIDICULOUS FARCE that was, I was asleep by lap 30!

Chargen69

Quote from: hutch on July 29, 2008, 12:31:43 PM

They say that because no one got hurt.  The focus on safty more now than ever and when they get into a spot like this and all the boys come out of it ok, this is the exact pat on the back they pull out of the dust bin.

True, nobody got hurt, and thats a good thing.  But NASCAR & Goodyear's job was to know things like this, with the COT they should have just about held 75 lap tests at every track with 10-15 teams just to find out what a heavier car did to the tires. 

you know I used to watch just about every race on TV, and would get mad if a missed one...   now if I miss one I usually find out that I didnt miss anything...  ah the good ole days are really gone

The70RT

Quote from: Chargen69 on July 30, 2008, 01:33:12 PM
Quote from: hutch on July 29, 2008, 12:31:43 PM

True, nobody got hurt, and thats a good thing.  But NASCAR & Goodyear's job was to know things like this, with the COT they should have just about held 75 lap tests at every track with 10-15 teams just to find out what a heavier car did to the tires. 

you know I used to watch just about every race on TV, and would get mad if a missed one...   now if I miss one I usually find out that I didnt miss anything...  ah the good ole days are really gone

I use to have to watch everyone also. Anymore if I miss it so what?

400/6/PAC

Quote from: pettyfan43 on July 29, 2008, 09:37:09 PM
I only have one question, What the hell is Brett Bodine gonna do with the lap leader bonus for all those laps he led in the pace car?!?!?!?!??!!??!   

What a RIDICULOUS FARCE that was, I was asleep by lap 30!
:haha:

The70RT

What a joke yesterday in the nationwide series. Let them race in the rain at 50 mph. No one could see to race  :rotz: Maybe the other race is better today.

pettyfan43

Congrats to Carl Edwards. I think I have a new favorite driver!!!!! 

And that little display is why I can't STAND Kyle Busch, AKA Screech! He's a little punk and I really can't say that little twit wants to jump on Carl Edwards!!!

Carl will wad his jaybird @$$ and throw him in a dumpster!!!

General_01

I think Kyle is starting to find out "What comes around, goes around". He's upset with Carl for doing the bump and run at Bristol? :shruggy: He says this while he is taking guys out in the truck series when he isn't even running for a Championship there. What a jacka#$. I bet if Mike Skinner took him out in a Cup race he would be pretty upset.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

pettyfan43

I LOVE the fact that Carl said Oh Yeah, I ran into him.  I looked at his rear bumper and said , would he do that to me? and he would and he has.

Gotta love honesty!

General_01

I like Carl. He said it like it is. Kyle drives like an a$% and people are not going to cut him a break as they head down the stretch. The guys he's gotta watch are those guys that he has pissed on that did not make the chase. They will cut him NO SLACK in the last 10 races. :D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

pettyfan43

Man you live by the sword you die by the sword.

400/6/PAC

Carl said if He had it to do again. He would probably hit Him harder. :lol:

mikepmcs

I'm glad Carl beat Kyle and in the fashion it was done.  I'm also glad he did not apologize(finally showing a little aggression), why would he, that was clean racing as far as i'm concerned.  Bump and run, ain't nothing wrong with that.  Kyle would have made his car 3 lanes wide to keep the lead with an inferior car at that point.  I'm not saying he should just move over and let the other car by but I do feel what Carl did was fine and to me is exactly the same as blocking with a slower car, if that makes sense.
I would have felt the same way no matter what the 2 cars were in front be it Kyle beating Carl the same way(and you know he would have) Tony, Denny, whomever.

My man Jr, what was he thinking at the start :brickwall: 
Don't know that he would have had a car anyway to compete, if he would have gotten the lap back, he just always seemed to flutter 17th/18th and couldn't pass the cars that would enable him to get the lucky dog so.  He's still 3rd and most likely in the post season, but those fellas are going to have to be something to catch Kyle or Carl, they are just having a career year. 

Then of course there is my all time driver Bill Elliot :rotz:
I think it's time for him to hang it up.

So what's Montoya's deal anyway, if he can hang that long with those guys and they can't get around him, no reason he shouldn't be up there, right??  I think it is just inexperience/lack of skill on his part, kind of like as long as someone is leading the way then he knows what to do, but can't seem to figure it out on his own, IMO.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chargen69

Quote from: General_01 on August 23, 2008, 11:00:24 PM
I think Kyle is starting to find out "What comes around, goes around". He's upset with Carl for doing the bump and run at Bristol? :shruggy: He says this while he is taking guys out in the truck series when he isn't even running for a Championship there. What a jacka#$. I bet if Mike Skinner took him out in a Cup race he would be pretty upset.

man yeah, if I was one of those truck guys, I'd be beggin somebody to let me in a cup car for that one purpose.

How about that crowd noise when carl turned "Screech" around!!!     :2thumbs:

The70RT

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 24, 2008, 09:21:59 AM

man yeah, if I was one of those truck guys, I'd be beggin somebody to let me in a cup car for that one purpose.

Oh yeah the crowd let you know how they felt. I think most are tired of Kyle. I had the race on and didn't pay much attention till the end.  I like Carl because he is a pretty fair guy and is liked by everyone........he did get mentered by Mark.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 24, 2008, 09:21:59 AM

That was great. Still shows that Kyle is hated by most NASCAR fans. The kid can drive, but is he a dick.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hutch

Im a KB fan and I love it.   NASCAR needs this kind of drama. It's great for the sport and its great for  our NASCAR thread! LOL....

Two more weeks till Richmond and I cant wait.

:2thumbs:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

chargerman68

will be at California next weekend hoping kasey and the 9 group get out of the crap there in two 40th place finishes in the last two races dropped him from 7th to 14th damn
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL