News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

I'm awake,..
  I just got back from the emergency room..
Bob's v.p. remark in the zombie thread, made me pass out from laughing...  I hit my head on the bookcase..
funnyist thing I've ever read on this site...
anyhow,.. yeah it's a chally i see it now,.. I belive I belive,..
(sure as shit don't look at all arrowdynamic, no way though)...
and that chebbie don't look camaro to me either, is the ford gonna go mustang?..
and toyota gonna go celica?...

Chargen69

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 09, 2008, 10:13:31 PM
(sure as shit don't look at all arrowdynamic, no way though)...

yeah, didnt they figure out in like '69 that the big lip above the headlights would pickup the frontend of the car?

The70RT

:hah: Kyle Busch  :lolexplode:                                          :boogie:     GO CARL !  :drive:

Ponch ®

Quote from: The70RT on September 15, 2008, 05:31:57 PM
:hah: Kyle Busch  :lolexplode:             

I was glad to see him have some troubles too.

It's too early to count anyone out, but I think that at this point it's Johnson's to lose. Him and Knaus have the Chase figured out and pwned.

So what's the deal with GEM buying Bill Davis and it's "Toyota association"? Does that mean they're switching to Toyota? I think it means that GEM is buying out Davis' ties to Toyota and turning the 22 into a Dodge, but the way it's worded at Jayski is very confusing (no surprise there).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

pettyfan43

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 15, 2008, 06:50:35 PM
:hah: Kyle Busch  :lolexplode:             

I was glad to see him have some troubles too.

It's too early to count anyone out, but I think that at this point it's Johnson's to lose. Him and Knaus have the Chase figured out and pwned.

So what's the deal with GEM buying Bill Davis and it's "Toyota association"? Does that mean they're switching to Toyota? I think it means that GEM is buying out Davis' ties to Toyota and turning the 22 into a Dodge, but the way it's worded at Jayski is very confusing (no surprise there).

That would be interesting, considering its history!!!!

pettyfan43

Looks like the best driver in Nascar is starting to self destruct some over the past few weeks! 

mikepmcs

+1

still 9 to go but i won't be hurt if KB doesn't do a thing the rest of the year. :Twocents:

Although I do maintain he can drive, but I put him in "the Bif" category, he can drive the wheels off the car.... not always a good thing IMO.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

General_01

I thought Tony Stewart did an awesome job of salvaging a crappy day. I do wonder if his team told him he threw another one away and thanks alot. :scratchchin: I like Tony, but sometimes he lets his Passion take control of his mouth. He was quite the cheerleader this weekend.

I think Kenseth is out of it for sure now.

As far as KB is concerned, I am not crying at all. Hope he has a few more races like this to take him totally out of the hunt.

Edwards did pretty good for a crappy car at practice, and the Biff sure looked strong.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

The70RT

:hah: Kyle Busch  :lolexplode:                                          :boogie:     GO CARL !  :drive:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

210 points out...ouch. Not impossible, but not likely either. I know Johnson has overcome 200+ deficits before, but Busch would need Edwards, Biffle and Johnson to ALL have at least 2 bad weeks to have a chance of catching them. That just ain't gonna happen.  I'm still picking Johnson.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

General_01

I am pulling for Stewart, but I am thinking Edwards will win it this year.
496 stroker
4-speed

pettyfan43

I'd like to see Biffle get it done, he and Carl are my favorite Roush drivers and I like Biffle, He is in my opinion the best all out DRIVER at Roush.

Oh yeah, about Kyle Busch.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

The70RT

Quote from: pettyfan43 on September 22, 2008, 08:12:14 PM
I'd like to see Biffle get it done, he and Carl are my favorite Roush drivers and I like Biffle, He is in my opinion the best all out DRIVER at Roush.

Oh yeah, about Kyle Busch.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Chargen69

his true character comes out when he has trouble and runs away as fast as he can so he doesn't have to talk to the media and expose himself.  How many times last year did jr. have motor trouble and talk to whichever reporter got to him first, and say things like, "well going to unleaded has effected the motor dept, but they'll figure it out and we'll be better."

what your heard Kyle say was crap like, "well, it just doesnt matter, I wrecked in new hamp and blew up here at dover a few years ago and where did I end up, 12th, so it doesnt matter."

if jimmy had felt that way in 06 he would have not been 1st.

If you are a KB fan, I'd have to ask why, he doesnt even pull for himself.  One of those owners said it best, "anybody can win, but you have to learn how to lose."

:popcrn:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Stewart had a very bad day and took himself out of contention. I find it very funny that Gibbs kicked but all year until the Chase. Now they just fell off the map. :shruggy: Guess I will have to wait until next year when Tony is in a Chevy to compete for a Championship.

And yes, Kyle Bush.... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I loved the move Carl tried at the end. He was trying hard. He should have lifted a little sooner and he might have made it work. I loved how he said he has done that in the video game and made it work, so he thought he would try it in real life. :icon_smile_big: That would have been the move of the year if it would have worked. Can't say the guy doesn't want to win.

Go Carl. :2thumbs:
496 stroker
4-speed

The70RT

Quote from: The70RT on September 21, 2008, 10:35:13 PM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

yep

mikepmcs

gotta like the move, didn't work, but he is there to win. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

pettyfan43

I don't think I have EVER seen a team IMPLODe to the extent of Gibbs since the start of the chase! The 18 car seemed to be the invincible team until a couple weeks ago, then they just went into the dumper! WEIRD!!! But good!

400/6/PAC

Good race.
I like Carl, Never here too much bad talk from Him and is a clean driver.

pettyfan43

Carl has gone from a loose cannon to a very solid driver, and has matured a TON over the past couple years.  The guy IS the real deal.

moparstuart

carl is cinda of a local guy here in the aera , have heard alot of bad press about him not being fan friendly in person , or promising to call local radio and tv shows and not showing up . Carl has a big head they say !    While clint boyer is also consider a local home track kansas speedway guy and he really goes out of his way to be extremely fan friendly and show up for tons of local events . He is a big backer of the new petty victory junction camp here by the kansas track .  Just the the local word is on these two !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

400/6/PAC

Quote from: moparstuart on September 30, 2008, 08:16:45 AM
carl is cinda of a local guy here in the aera , have heard alot of bad press about him not being fan friendly in person , or promising to call local radio and tv shows and not showing up . Carl has a big head they say !    While clint boyer is also consider a local home track kansas speedway guy and he really goes out of his way to be extremely fan friendly and show up for tons of local events . He is a big backer of the new petty victory junction camp here by the kansas track .  Just the the local word is on these two !
Thats kinda suprizes Me.
We don't get much local news about the drivers, But I thought Carl would be one of the more Friendly One's
I remember when He was begging for a chance to drive and tryiny to get a sponser.
How quickly We forget where We came from.
Mabey He's just shy. :rofl: