News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

GEM has merger agreement with Petty Enterprises

Richard Petty's famed No. 43 Dodge was rescued from near ruin Thursday when Gillett Evernham Motorsports agreed to merge with Petty's slumping organization to create a new team.

GEM had been in exclusive negotiations with Petty Enterprises to combine the two teams into one four-car organization, and an agreement in principle was announced Thursday. The deal is not expected to be closed until the end of the month.

The team will be co-owned by Richard Petty, Petty Holdings—which is owned by majority shareholder Boston Ventures—and Gillett Evernham Motorsports. Ray Evernham, who formed his team in 1999 but sold majority interest to businessman George Gillett Jr. in 2007, will be a minority owner in the venture.

The name of the new team was not released, but it's believed the parties are leaning toward re-branding the organization Richard Petty Motorsports to capitalize on the seven-time NASCAR champion's name.

More HERE

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikepmcs

hmm, Kasey at the helm, not bad, but no one to help him out IMO. 
All in all, 4 car team, couple of old salts, maybe they'll be in the game....
I hope so, but they need some drivers.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

WINGR

What is this world coming to? These 3, 4 & 5 car teams are getting ridiculous, the 1 & 2 car teams don't have a chance anymore. Although the testing advantage is possibly going away for the larger teams, well at least somewhat.  :brickwall:

I am a big Kasey fan as well as a Long time Bobby Labonte fan, it's tough to see Bobby leave the #43 car but I think that he should have left before when he probably had a chance at driving for Richard Childress. I still believe that Bobby has what it takes to win but he needs consistant support and equipment. :drive:

WINGR

The70RT

Maybe some hope left for Richard. I can't imagine how he feels about he was so dominate and now their team can't even win a frickin race in 10 years. I can't remember but didn't Bobby win one race or was I thinking he almost did  :shruggy: Kasey had a pretty crappy year and hopefully he can get back to the way he ran in 07.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Bobby hasn't won a race since 2003 when he was with JGR(ton of top 5's that year). The best he ever did with Petty was a couple top 5's in 06' and some top 10's in 07' and 08'(just 2 last year)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TruckDriver

I was watching the first Speed News of the year on Speed channel last night. They of course talked about Petty Enterprizes, and the way they made it sound, is that Reed Sorenson will be the new driver for the 43 car. I kinda like Reed, so, I hope it works out.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 12, 2009, 11:47:06 AM
I was watching the first Speed News of the year on Speed channel last night. They of course talked about Petty Enterprizes, and the way they made it sound, is that Reed Sorenson will be the new driver for the 43 car. I kinda like Reed, so, I hope it works out.
on TV he looks like he's 12 years old
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JC 42

Heres mine I built it What do you think. JC

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

mikesbbody

Quote from: The70RT on January 09, 2009, 08:58:15 PM
Maybe some hope left for Richard. I can't imagine how he feels about he was so dominate and now their team can't even win a frickin race in 10 years. I can't remember but didn't Bobby win one race or was I thinking he almost did  :shruggy: Kasey had a pretty crappy year and hopefully he can get back to the way he ran in 07.
He almost did awhile back, but that was before he joined Petty I remember because the race was stopped and they (the guys calling the race) tried to talk to him and he was so focused on the restart he pretty much said nothing. Unfortunatley he didnt hold the lead came second and you could see how mad he was (he kicked his car hard!)

TruckDriver

Quote from: JC 42 on January 12, 2009, 09:35:10 PM

That's sweet! :2thumbs:

Check out my all third gen Charger forum too. I got a section for old race cars too.
PETE

mikepmcs

Very nice indeed!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Welcome aboard. :wave:

Mike

400/6/PAC

That car is awsome :2thumbs:
Great job.
Welcome aboard

TruckDriver

PETE

Mike DC

That thing looks AWESOME!! 

Is there another webpage with the story or pics of it?

mikepmcs

WINGR

TruckDriver

Yates Racing to run Hall of Fame's team

"The team quickly signed former Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte to drive the No. 96 Ford, which will operate out of Yates' shop, and secured primary sponsorship from search engine Ask.com."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-yates-hofmerger&prov=ap&type=lgns
PETE

400/6/PAC

Race time is getting close :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

WINGR

Nice #71 Charger replica, sweeet.

:2thumbs:

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

Don't forget the Bud Shootout Saturday night ;)

Racing season is BACK!  :boogie:
PETE

72chargerSE

Anybody notice the lack of Petty blue on the #43 car????

TruckDriver

I saw that too. Was weird to see it like that.
PETE

hutch

how dare you guys let this thread get so old people cant find it drunk.

:slap:

I got the track pass free on nascar.com.  with paypal its 0.00 charged to you for a 14 day run.  I was going to pull the pulg on it after the gatoraid duel.

I cant wait.  15 minutes!!!

:2thumbs:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"