News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landonsrt

Well stewart didnt really start from scratch considering all his engines come from hendrick and so did his crew chief, and funding.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

New Challenger to be run in Nationwide series next year. Maybe cup in 2011.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/bg/10/31/dodge.challenger.nationwide.series/index.html

Cup qualifying rained out. I bet all the wing car guys aren't having too good of time  :-\

TruckDriver

You beat me to it. I was going to post this too, lol. Looks good though. Did you see the posts at the bottom of that artical. Sounds like GM decieded not to run the new Camero. I think that will bite them back.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on October 31, 2009, 01:13:20 PM
You beat me to it. I was going to post this too, lol. Looks good though. Did you see the posts at the bottom of that artical. Sounds like GM decieded not to run the new Camero. I think that will bite them back.

Camaro and Mustang. Probably doesn't matter. You know they did the wind tunnel test and are cookie cutters anyway. The sides look like the current and past cars. Real headlights lights and a recessed grill?  Im sure the real deal will be smoothed over with a decal.

saltdog

my favorite driver of all time. goes to show you how awesome that car really is.
1969  Charger (383)
2006 Ram3500 (diesel)

saltdog

1969  Charger (383)
2006 Ram3500 (diesel)

chargerboy69

Quote from: The70RT on October 31, 2009, 07:11:43 PM

The sides look like the current and past cars. Real headlights lights and a recessed grill?  Im sure the real deal will be smoothed over with a decal.

I have to agree.  There is no way they would run a recessed grill.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

The70RT

I guess Mark Martin will never get a break  :brickwall: That Keselowski does it again  :slap:

General_01

Newmans wreck was  :o. Glad he was OK. Looked like Tony let off the gas going into the corner so he wouldn't be in the bumper of the car ahead and Newman didn't realize until to late. I am watching the Vikes play Green Bay, so I didn't watch McMurray's victory speech or see the points shuffle yet. I will check later.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

The70RT

Quote from: General_01 on November 01, 2009, 05:11:19 PM
Newmans wreck was  :o. Glad he was OK. Looked like Tony let off the gas going into the corner so he wouldn't be in the bumper of the car ahead and Newman didn't realize until to late. I am watching the Vikes play Green Bay, so I didn't watch McMurray's victory speech or see the points shuffle yet. I will check later.

I mean the last lap....Martin got turned over  :brickwall:

General_01

Quote from: The70RT on November 01, 2009, 05:16:31 PM

I mean the last lap....Martin got turned over  :brickwall:

I know. I saw it. They showed him taking his helmet off getting ready to get out, so i knew he was all right. Bad break for him. The announcers thought Keselowski was getting pushed from behind so he couldn't do anything about it. Not sure. I did not see the replay.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

That race pretty much sealed the championship for Johnson again too :RantExplode:

I'm loosing intrest in ASSCAR cause I still believe Hendrick is being let go by running more Hp then everyone else. Plus now their taking the "racing" out of the sport. Rubbing IS racing where I come from. I also don't wanna watch another year of the Jimmy Johnson show. I probably wont even watch the Sprint Cup cars the rest of the year now, or for a long time again. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I'll watch the Nationwide series and trucks and ARCA from now on.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on November 01, 2009, 07:54:15 PM

I'll watch the Nationwide series and trucks and ARCA from now on.

Truck series is the best of the big three...but that's just my opinion

Landonsrt

I don't think hendrick gets more hp than anyone else. I just think knaus knows how to cheat better than anyone else! He needs to get busted again. :brickwall:

chargerboy69

Newmans wreck was real bad.  I was starting to get nervous since you could not see him moving around inside and no radio communication right away.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Foreman72

wow...what i wild race today...all i got to see was the reel because i had work...but man alive...newman's wreck...what a landing...man if he hadn't have come down on harvicks (at least thats who i think its was) hood we might be looking at a different story
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

The70RT

Quote from: Foreman72 on November 01, 2009, 10:29:38 PM
wow...what i wild race today...all i got to see was the reel because i had work...but man alive...newman's wreck...what a landing...man if he hadn't have come down on harvicks (at least thats who i think its was) hood we might be looking at a different story

I hear ya. Just before the race Newman was saying, I say goodbye to my wife before the race....well not actually goodbye....you know what I mean. I said out loud, man don't say that  :P

chargerboy69

Quote from: Foreman72 on November 01, 2009, 10:29:38 PM

I also have to give Elliot Sadler credit for juming on the brakes as hard as he did.  He was heading right for Ryan as he was sliding upside down across the track and he locked them up.

If you missed it, it is worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8BljwffrGc

--Gerald Ford

472 R/T SE

Good thing there wasn't a fire.  :o

TruckDriver

Well, Danica Patrick officially signs with Dale Jr. Motorsports. She will race No. 7 in a limited Nationwide schedule in 2010.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/bg/12/08/dpatrick.to.nascar.jrmotorsports/index.html

PHOENIX -- At last, the long-awaited announcement is official -- Go Daddy is taking Danica Patrick to the Nationwide Series in 2010.
Danica will drive the No. 7 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet in a partial Nationwide schedule next season, plus one ARCA race. The Go Daddy Girl will be racing as a member of the JR Motorsports team owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr., Rick Hendrick, Kelley Earnhardt and Tony Eury Jr. through 2011.
Patrick"It's been a long time coming, but the stars finally aligned for me with Go Daddy and JRM," Danica said just before making her announcement. "I have always said I love to drive, and if I could make it work to race in both IndyCar and NASCAR -- with the right sponsor, like GoDaddy.com and the right team, like JRM -- then I'd love to drive in NASCAR!"
More in the link.

PETE

Shakey

Good for her!  I hope she does well.

Landonsrt

Im officially done with NASCAR. They may as well rename it the Jimmie johnson cup. Anything else happens, I dont care. She's not that good of a driver. Shes only won 1 race. Another publicity stunt to keep interest in the sport. Anyone notice how they dont show the stands that much anymore during the race?? Thats because they are half empty.

mikesbbody

I agree Shakey, and I hope your right but the last Woman who raced in Nascar (I can't remember her name) but she drove a Dodge, never did any good and (ironically) wrecked DEJ one time... :lol:

The70RT

Mike Wallace's daughter raced in Nationwide in the last race or so.