News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I liked the race. Albeit a Dodge didn't win, it was sort of cool seeing #21 Wood Brothers driven by 1st time runner/winner Trevor Bayne... I think Dodge had a great showing... Good going Penske !!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 20, 2011, 07:33:05 PM
I liked the race. Albeit a Dodge didn't win, it was sort of cool seeing #21 Wood Brothers driven by 1st time runner/winner Trevor Bayne... I think Dodge had a great showing... Good going Penske !!!

I feel good for the Wood Brothers as well. They are lucky motor mouth didn't clean them out too!

68coronetGLwannabe

My boy Bobby came in 4th and No interview or did I miss something. But thank god they talked to JR that came in 24th.  :scratchchin:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Landonsrt

Bobby who?? You mean that guy that hasn't won a race since 2001???

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Landonsrt on February 20, 2011, 09:10:18 PM
Bobby who?? You mean that guy that hasn't won a race since 2001???

The 2000 Winston Cup Champion. Been a Bobby fan since the mid 90s and always will be. I guess since he wasn't in a Hendricks, Roush, Penske car no need to talk to him. It was good to see the Wood Brothers win again.
"That's us in 10 years".

nvrbdn

race was good enjoyed the finish, hated seeing newman and hamlin getting taken out. thought they would fight it out at the end again just like the bud race. oh well.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TK73

There are Dodges somewhere in NASCAR?  Thought the last one was late 70's

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

nvrbdn

i really like the challenger that the nationwide is using. looks good.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

The70RT

Quote from: TK73 on February 20, 2011, 10:21:21 PM

They been back for 10 years now.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WINGR

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 20, 2011, 08:44:39 PM
My boy Bobby came in 4th and No interview or did I miss something. But thank god they talked to JR that came in 24th.  :scratchchin:

I totoally agree, Bobby is one of the nicest people on the circuit not to mention he really should have had 2nd place. What kind of crap was C. Edwards pulling there by forcing him over on a Superspeedway,maybe Bobby should have put Cousin Carl into the grass.  As many of you know Bobby is still a very talented driver, he has just made some bad choices with the teams lately. If you give him good equipment he will put up some results. I do wish that he wasn't driving a Toyota.

TK73

Quote from: The70RT on February 20, 2011, 10:40:53 PM

What I mean was that there is absolutely NO connection between those Aero-race cars with custom engines and anything the auto manufacturers make.  Oh wait, the stickers look the same.

Sick of hearing people refer to those cars as "Chevy", "Dodge", "Ford"...

400/6/PAC

Good race Today,
Not a huge Gordon fan but not a hater.
Are any of You doing fantasy Nascar ?
This was My first week. It was fun to play and it really helps to keep up with the stats.

mikesbbody

Quote from: TK73 on February 20, 2011, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: The70RT on February 20, 2011, 10:40:53 PM

What I mean was that there is absolutely NO connection between those Aero-race cars with custom engines and anything the auto manufacturers make.  Oh wait, the stickers look the same.

Sick of hearing people refer to those cars as "Chevy", "Dodge", "Ford"...

I agree they all look the same to me so much for "stock" it all seem's kinda WWE Wrestling to me  :Twocents:

nvrbdn

i didnt do fantasy this year. have in the past, but it does cause you to follow certain drivers more deeply. i thought the race went pretty good except dont like johnson gordon or jr. but glad kyle bush didnt win. really tight racing all day. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TK73

WWE of auto racing... about sums it up...

The70RT

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 27, 2011, 10:59:24 PM
i didnt do fantasy this year. have in the past, but it does cause you to follow certain drivers more deeply. i thought the race went pretty good except dont like johnson gordon or jr. but glad kyle bush didnt win. really tight racing all day. :2thumbs:

I'm with ya...no worry about Jr. unless it's a restricter race

NHCharger

VERY COOL STORY.

Morgan Shepherd: Las Vegas crimefighter!
Author:

Faith Motorsports PR
Date Posted:

03-01-11
LAS VEGAS, NV - Most NASCAR drivers don't come to mind when you think of Las Vegas crimefighters, but then again, most NASCAR drivers aren't 69-year-old Morgan Shepherd.

The veteran of 44 NASCAR seasons was getting out of his rental car in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart store Monday evening just minutes away from Las Vegas Motor Speedway just as three men burst from the store's entrance with security forces trailing behind.

Thats when Shepherd, a daily jogger and fitness perfectionist, sprang into action.

"I just got out and took off after them," Shepherd said. "I caught one of them just as they were getting ready to hop a little wall at the end of the parking lot. I yanked him down and got on top of him."

Shepherd said in a matter of seconds a Las Vegas police officer pitched the ageless NASCAR driver a pair and handcuffs and continued pursuit of the other two suspects, along with the store's security force.

"I cuffed him and sat on top of him," Shepherd said. "The police department officers showed up and asked if I could hold him a while longer while they ran down the others. I told them he wasn't going anywhere."

Shepherd said while the young shoplifter pleaded with him to let him go and about the possibility of going to jail, Shepherd used the time to lecture the youth about his poor choices.

"I didn't tell him a 69-year-old man chased him down," Shepherd joked. "He was probably 18 or 19. I told him he shouldn't be stealing stuff. There is just too much of this stuff going on."

Two years ago while in Las Vegas for a Nationwide Series race Shepherd himself experienced crime from the victim's perspective. His rental car was broken into and his GPS and cellular phone were stolen. During the 2008 season someone also stole his bicycle while he was racing at Chicagoland Speedway.

"So many people these days would just sit and watch those guys run away," Shepherd said. "People need to get up and help stop this type of stuff."

The three suspects were taken into custody by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. It wasn't known Tuesday what charges were pending against them.

Shepherd said after brushing himself off he and wife Cindy continued their shopping visit to Wal-Mart.

Just another day in the life of Morgan Shepherd, Las Vegas crimefighter!
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

The70RT

I knew people were buying chinese products...now they are stealing them.

400/6/PAC

Cool Story.
He sounds like a tough old goat.

chargermike

way to go morgon. nascar people are the best. love the SPORT and love the fans. its americas best SPORT.

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

400/6/PAC

Just when I thought Kyle was growing up.
What a jerk.

nvrbdn

waiting to hear more. they said they were still looking into it and there could be more punishment. of course they cant take his drivers license away since he already lost it. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bajaherbie

maybe jpe gibbs will park kyle for the rest of the season..... maybe then will he learn how to act on the track.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: bajaherbie on November 06, 2011, 04:59:44 PM
maybe jpe gibbs will park kyle for the rest of the season..... maybe then will he learn how to act on the track.

I would love to see that, but the sponsors will never let that happen. To much money involved. But then again Joe Gibbs is a stand up Moral guy and may do it because thats the right thing to do.
"That's us in 10 years".