News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The old saying anyone can restore but can you cut one up!

Started by Howie, February 19, 2008, 10:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howie

Here is a shot of a charger without the firewall. I bought a piece from moparstuart to fab in mine however to install the nascar airbox and all the other bells and whistles you gotta cut.

moparstuart

we did it also on mine but to put an a/c style firewall out of a 70 charger R/T total .  dont tell chris G
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

Howie , every race Daytona that I I've seen had a completely different firewall . That slope on the firewall  that every street car has is not present on the race car .

Larry

BigBlockSam

Quoteevery race Daytona that I I've seen had a completely different firewall 

Sure every race team did there own fab work.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Howie

That is what I am planning on doing. I am wanting the nascar ram air box and to do that I need to cut it out. I have looked at a lot of pictures lately and gonna see what I can do.  Larry, I wasn`t planning on cutting and all the extras but since I want to make it similar to nascar style I am going to put the 5 on 5 wheels with the floater rearend and rivet the bumpers to the qtr panel. I don`t know about the dual shock thing but well see what I can get done.

Aero426

moparstuart

Aero426

Yes. they ran those old single master cylinders.  That is typical.

69_500

Ah who needs to stop when your going around a track.  :icon_smile_wink:

Oh waits that right, every once in a while you need to head down pit road.

Aero426

Here is a good shot of the side of the firewall, so you can see how much is fabbed up.   This one was modified for a 71 Charger which is the way it is setup in the photo.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on February 19, 2008, 03:53:52 PM
Ah who needs to stop when your going around a track.  :icon_smile_wink:

Oh waits that right, every once in a while you need to head down pit road.
first car to break the 200 mile an hour , why stop right ?

69_500

Thats right can't hit 200 if your constantly riding the brake.

Aero426

Quote from: DougSchellinger on February 19, 2008, 03:37:33 PM
Nichels firewall off the #88

While we are at it, people always talk about how "stock" the old cars were.   How many "stock" production pieces can you identify in the photo? 

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on February 19, 2008, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: DougSchellinger on February 19, 2008, 03:37:33 PM
Nichels firewall off the #88

While we are at it, people always talk about how "stock" the old cars were.   How many "stock" production pieces can you identify in the photo? 
not a whole hell of alotl

Just 6T9 CHGR

maybe the steering box coupler & maybe the torsion bars? :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

I think that most people (me included) refer to these cars as STOCK because of how they looks externally. IE they were close enough to the street version of cars that people could identify what was on the track with what they had in the garage or saw on the street.

hotrod98

If I were building a daytona stock car clone, I think I would stop at the cosmetics. I mean, where do you stop?
A true total clone could only be driven on the track, if indeed it's a total clone. Somewhere, concessions are going to be made for drivabilty.
But then again, Howie, I'll do whatever you need me to do.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Howie

Hotrod, I`ll take care of all the mods. But I will turn it over to you for the paint :2thumbs:. I wasn``t going to take it past the external mods till you gave me that phone # and now I am ready with the chop saw and dotco. At least my car isn`t going to be the ony one. There is another nascar daytona in the making.

hotrod98

Howie...put down the sawzall and step away from the car.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart