News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro Daytona / 70 Charger hood seals

Started by hemigeno, February 20, 2008, 03:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Does anyone know if the reproduction hood seals come with the (sorta) "U" shaped metal backing piece?  Or, is it just the rubber seal only?

You can see the metal piece in this picture:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on February 20, 2008, 03:19:01 PM
Does anyone know if the reproduction hood seals come with the (sorta) "U" shaped metal backing piece?  Or, is it just the rubber seal only?

You can see the metal piece in this picture:

the ones I have seen are the rubber only !  anyone else ?????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

The ones I have always seen are just the rubber seal.

daytonalo

You have two options Cupcake , either rivet your orig to new seal or no rivet .

Larry

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on February 20, 2008, 04:50:05 PM
You have two options

Nah, there are other options out there.  I didn't know how to answer another gentleman's question about the repro seals, but I do now.

I'll proceed accordingly.  Thanks everybody!

Howie

I ordered one about 6 months ago from year one and it is rubber only.

A383Wing

I have never seen the "U" channel reproduced....it does not come with the rubber seal.

Every '70 Charger has the "U" pieces....find someone parting one out.

Bryan

UFO

Or use the original as a template and make a new one.

A383Wing

I think that would be easier said than done....the "U" channel is very small.....not sure it could be done within reason

Bryan  (my  :Twocents: )

hemigeno

I have a (very limited) source for a useable brand-new channel, but I wanted to make sure the repro seals did not come with their own channel before going begging.

Again, thanks for all the input!

Dodge Don

Yeah you get new rubber only. I had to put new rivets on when I replaced mine. Easy. But yes you need the metal brace.