News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rough superbird for sale on ebay

Started by billssuperbird, February 21, 2008, 03:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

can't wait to see what this superbird goes for  :popcrn:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

Wow how long was it outside.Curious to see what it goes for
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: MorePwr on February 21, 2008, 05:38:59 PM
Good God! at what point do you consider something too far gone to fix? I know you can weld new sheet metal onto it, but you have to have metal to weld to.  or is the vin tag what's for sale here?
anything is fixable  thats just a long term project

runninhorn

BigBlockSam

Quoteanything is fixable  thats just a long term project   

:yesnod: yep
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69bronzeT5

Im guessing it will sell for around $60k
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69_500

I'm thinking it will top out at around $32,500.
Just a hunch.

Now if you were to offer up the same car last year at this time, then I'd say the guess of $55K wouldn't be far fetched. However this year everything is down, and project prices are down a lot from last year.

Magnumcharger

It really doesn't look that bad to me.
Sheetmetal is relatively easy to get for this car, aside from the nose and wing.
But even they pop up on Ebay every once in awhile.
If the buyer were to opt for paying a professional shop to do the restoration, then yes, it's going to cost more than the car is worth to fix.

For a hobbyist, this car would be the cat's ass.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

gtx6970

I'll say it doesn't break 25K

I've said it before and I'll say it again,,,,,cut it up and let it die, we can't save them all

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69bronzeT5

"Up for auction is my real 1970 V Code Superbird. I am going to start off by stating a few items prior to starting my discription of the car. I WILL NOT take or even discuss trades. I WILL NOT entertain any trades. I don't care what you have.Don't ask, as I will not respond to your email or messages.  NO TRADES......Secondly, I will only sell to American buyers or our Canadian friends north of the border. I will not ship to anywhere else. Again, don't waste my time asking. I will not discuss my reserve."

I wonder if he'd take a trade :D :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

69_500

$20K? Is that what your hoping it tops out at so you can bid on it? JK

Then you would have a real Bird to put all of those parts you have on right?

moparstuart

would be nice but been trying to do that for years  !!   if i did get a real basket case i do have the parts . Then the convertible could slowly get a reproduction kit !!    but like you at this point would really like to have a real daytona !   My bird is just the way i like it now.
   I am high bidder for a minute !

Big Bird

Wow, a real " project car". Besides lack of documentation, non-matching motor, no nose , missing wing, (?) . Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$ & man hrs. in this baby !!!!. Better off with a clone !!!!!!!
BIG - BIRD :)

bill440rt

Ok, maybe it's time to speak up. I've been kind of biting my tongue on this forum about this car.
This car was actually promised to me & a friend of mine by the seller, & sold out from under us 24hrs before I was supposed to get it. I don't blame the buyer, he did not know of the deal.

This car was found in Old Bridge, NJ. It was left abandoned on an elderly lady's property along with several other cars. This was the only Mopar. She hadn't heard from the owner in several years, & called to have them picked up & taken away. Hard to believe in this day & age, but it's true.
A co-worker of mine tipped me off that his cousin (who owns service stations in Old Bridge & Staten Island), was called to haul them away. Even he had NO IDEA what this was!! he thought it "might be a GTX..." 
I knew exactly what it was, & expressed interest in the car. We worked out a price, he was gonna get a title, yadda-yadda. Then, it's gone. I can tell you it was purchased by the seller for $4000. My offer wasn't too far below that.
It is EXTREMELY rough. A future re-body wouldn't surprise me.

There was no title with the car. There was no engine with the car. Looks like the collision damage to the left rear has been given a quick fix.
There was a big thread on this car on Moparts not too long ago. It has since been deleted. (No surprise).
Here are some pictures of the car prior to the original purchase.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

A few more.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparstuart

Quote from: bill440rt on February 22, 2008, 07:43:11 PM
Ok, maybe it's time to speak up. I've been kind of biting my tongue on this forum about this car.
This car was actually promised to me & a friend of mine by the seller, & sold out from under us 24hrs before I was supposed to get it. I don't blame the buyer, he did not know of the deal.

This car was found in Old Bridge, NJ. It was left abandoned on an elderly lady's property along with several other cars. This was the only Mopar. She hadn't heard from the owner in several years, & called to have them picked up & taken away. Hard to believe in this day & age, but it's true.
A co-worker of mine tipped me off that his cousin (who owns service stations in Old Bridge & Staten Island), was called to haul them away. Even he had NO IDEA what this was!! he thought it "might be a GTX..." 
I knew exactly what it was, & expressed interest in the car. We worked out a price, he was gonna get a title, yadda-yadda. Then, it's gone. I can tell you it was purchased by the seller for $4000. My offer wasn't too far below that.
It is EXTREMELY rough. A future re-body wouldn't surprise me.

There was no title with the car. There was no engine with the car. Looks like the collision damage to the left rear has been given a quick fix.
There was a big thread on this car on Moparts not too long ago. It has since been deleted. (No surprise).
Here are some pictures of the car prior to the original purchase.

sorry to here of your misfortune thanks for the information

sunroofsuperbird

Is it me or does that vin# on door sticker look fake? never seen one with spaces in it like that?
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

rav440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 21, 2008, 08:10:29 PM
Im guessing it will sell for around $60k

:slap: $60K  :slap: id say $20K is even high , no nose , wing , non #s matching motor , no fenders , no hood , no rear glass and trim . hell between the rear window trim , fenders , hood , nose and wing you talking replacement costs of $10K +

most likley it will end up a rebody with a restamped motor . it would be nice to have some kind of data bace or something to keep track of these so when the time comes up in a year or so , when somebody is tryng to pass off a rebodied car as an original the will be called out on it .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

daytonalo

How about we send a crew over to see your buddy who jerk-----ed you off !!! Kind of Jersey style !! By the way the car , it will Buff out !!! :icon_smile_big:

bill440rt

Quote from: daytonalo on February 22, 2008, 10:09:47 PM
How about we send a crew over to see your buddy who jerk-----ed you off !!! Kind of Jersey style !! By the way the car , it will Buff out !!! :icon_smile_big:

:smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Yeah, thanks daytonalo!
Believe, I haven't lost sleep over this thing. There was no title, & the service station owner who hauled them away had to wait a month to haul these cars away legally. Who knows what is going to happen when the new owner tries to get a title for this car.
My friend & I were in no financial position right now in our lives to take a chance like that.