News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone work in the car dealership biz?

Started by Vainglory, Esq., October 07, 2005, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vainglory, Esq.

Hey all, I'm going for a job with Chrysler as a District Manager.  I'd be the guy who works with 10-15 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealerships in a certain region, going around and working with dealer principals to implement various factory-sponsored programs at the dealership level.  Does or did anyone do this?  What would be a fair rate of compensation, since they ask this on the application and I really have no idea.  Any insight?

andy74

depends on which sales district your going to be in-the chrysler syracuse zone spreads form phiily,all the way to boston,and a lot of travel in shitty weather!!!i know our rep is retiring this month,and he always had a company car,and i would assume he made in the 100 range.if you want to discuss things with him i can get in touch,pm me and we can talk,ill give him a call

Plumcrazy

I've worked at Chrysler and Ford dealerships since 1979.
There seems to be a lot of turnover in that type of job for some reason.  Don't know why.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

andy74

stress is probably the biggest factor in turnover! our regional dm was with chrysler for 32 years-the last 5 or so,you can see the change,it aged him. daimler is a results oriented company,bottom line is you put out,or you get out! i was offered a job with chrysler financial 2 years ago,but it would have required me to relocate to detroit for a year,and the transfer to who knows where.if i was a single guy with no children i would have jumped on it,but my son was in junior high,and i didnt want to drag him all over the country.so here i sit,the top dog at our little dodge dealership,fucking around on the computer while the sales men are out chasing customers in the rain! seriously,it can be a great opporunity,but expect to get your ass busted often

6pkrunner

How many dealerships under your umbrella? How large a radius you travelling? How much autonomy or authority for on the spot negotiating will you have? Hours per week expectoed of you? Evenings/weekends? All influence compensation. Paid by unit/lot/dollar value moved?