News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger RT/SE Dash Woodgrain Restoration

Started by RT/SE, October 08, 2005, 07:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT/SE

I'm currently working on the dash for my 69 Charger RT/SE.  I'm looking for some recommendations for a shop that could restore all my Woodgrain Dash plates.  Redline Guage Works sells a woodgrain plate kit for Chargers.  Their kits are laser cut plastic plates.  They look nice but their kit does not include an original style radio plate (kit includes radio plate for aftermarket radio).  I really want to keep my original radio so I leaning towards having my original plates restored.  Has anyone sent out their woodgrain dash plates for restoration?  Any recommendations on a shop that could do this work would be greatly appreciated.

Mfr426

Did you try David at Performance Car Graphics? I think that's his name and he's been around for years. He's been very helpful to me.

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/

Check them out.

Mike R in Reading PA
MFR426

69RTSE

Both options have some drawbacks.  The decals have to be slit on the radio plate because its not flat and same for the left panel with the round guage insets.  The woodgrain inserts from redline are really nice but they do not have the originally insets for the round gauges on the left panel which has somel drawback to the overall appearance of the woodgrain dash.  Still, the redline option is probably better than nothing.  The problem is the original woodgrain was a lithograph on an alluminum/metal plate.  No body that I know of is reproducing them.  Do anyone else have any knowledge or experience with restoring the woodgrain dash on 69-70 Chargers i.e, pictures of the decals installed or redine option.  Thanks.