News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 440 battery cables

Started by charger01, October 08, 2005, 04:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

What is so special about these battery cables?   250 bucks seems awfully high.   Does anyone know the dimensions of the positive and negative battery cables and how many leads each have?   Iam not sure Iam prepared to spend that kind of money yet......

Charger4404spd

PM Rick Keesler. He makes them and look really good and are under $100.

charger01

Thank you very much.  I sent him an email.  Cant beat the price thats for sure.

Shakey

So what is so special about these battery cables?

Rick Keesler

Well....I'm glad you asked that. The positive cable is actually a harness of three seperate wires. There is the heavy cable from the battery post to the large post on the starter, a smaller lead from the battery post to the 5/16" post on the starter relay, and another smaller lead from the starter relay to the small pole on the starter, all of which have to be properly positioned then wrapped into the harness. Factory correct reproductions go for as much as $150 or more, factory/numbers correct from some of the resto-houses can go for as much as $300 or better for the positive alone, depending on the size of the trophy you're trying to win. And as a bonus with the factory cables, you get the smaller guage cable that was used when the cars were new and the batteries were weak.

And we haven't even talked about the negative cable yet. I've seen examples of 1969 and earlier B-body "numbers/factory correct" negative cables go for some outrageously stupid money.

I also wondered why they justified such a high price when I needed cables, thus my desire to come up with a more realistic choice for myself and other people who want a decent set of cables without having to take out a third mortgage.

charger01

I for one am glad you did.  I cant wait to recieve the cables.  I just couldnt see spending 300 bucks at year one.

Shakey

Quote from: Rick Keesler on October 10, 2005, 11:25:16 PM
Well....I'm glad you asked that. The positive cable is actually a harness of three seperate wires. There is the heavy cable from the battery post to the large post on the starter, a smaller lead from the battery post to the 5/16" post on the starter relay, and another smaller lead from the starter relay to the small pole on the starter, all of which have to be properly positioned then wrapped into the harness. Factory correct reproductions go for as much as $150 or more, factory/numbers correct from some of the resto-houses can go for as much as $300 or better for the positive alone, depending on the size of the trophy you're trying to win. And as a bonus with the factory cables, you get the smaller guage cable that was used when the cars were new and the batteries were weak.

And we haven't even talked about the negative cable yet. I've seen examples of 1969 and earlier B-body "numbers/factory correct" negative cables go for some outrageously stupid money.

I also wondered why they justified such a high price when I needed cables, thus my desire to come up with a more realistic choice for myself and other people who want a decent set of cables without having to take out a third mortgage.

Please tell us about the negative cables.  Thanks for the lesson on the positive cables.

Rick Keesler

Reproduction single lead negative cables for 1969 and earlier B-bodies can be bought from Year One for $85.00, $5.00 more than my price for a positive and negative set. And then there's Y.O. shipping on top of that.

firefighter3931

I can personally vouch for Rick's cables.....very nice product at an excellent price.  :2thumbs: I have a set for my 68 Charger rt waiting to be installed when it goes back together. I won't hesitate to order another set for the 70 rt when the time comes.  :icon_smile_big: I prefer to support a member who takes the time to design and produce a high quality product for our cars. These cables wouldn't look out of place on a showcar inmo....they are that nice !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Shakey

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 12, 2005, 02:03:15 PM
I can personally vouch for Rick's cables.....very nice product at an excellent price.   :2thumbs: I have a set for my 68 Charger rt waiting to be installed when it goes back together. I won't hesitate to order another set for the 70 rt when the time comes.   :icon_smile_big: I prefer to support a member who takes the time to design and produce a high quality product for our cars. These cables wouldn't look out of place on a showcar inmo....they are that nice !

Ron

:iagree:

I will most likely order a set also.  Once I get the wife calmed down after seeing the statement with the TTi exhaust system, the Accurate tips and the accessories from A + M in KY.

They never understand.

Thanks guys.