News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird sill detail

Started by Moparless, February 29, 2008, 04:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparless

I hope some one can help me here, the bird I am trying to buy ,has an interesting metal flap of steel under the sill , just forward of the rear wheel arch , approximately three inches square .is this a body panel join ? I don't have access to another car to check.
If any one has a picture , of an original car ,in that rear under sill area , would help me out .
Thanks in advance

hemigeno

Doesn't sound familiar to me, anyway.  Pics?

Here's a picture of a '69 rear wheelwell before restoration began so you can see it's untouched state, and a picture of the opposite side taken fairly recently:

Moparless

Thanks for the picture , but it's the under side of the sill , looking from the ground up , just forward of the rear wheel .

cheers

TomP

Are you perhaps referring to a torque box which joins the rear subframe to the rocker panel?  There's also on that joins the rocker panel to the front subframe.  These were added to Hemi and Six Pack cars to stiffen the 'frame'.

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

Moparless

Yes , this is a 6 pak car , it,s the outer side of the rocker panel, just forward of the wheel arch .I would like to see a picture of .

Being a 6 pak 4 spd , I presume this car will not have the extra bracing around the front of the rear springs,( like a Hemi ) ?????

Moparless

No sorry , this is another car , V code .

That guy with the blue car , is very hard to get hold of , not returning calls , so it may never happen . 

oldcarnut

Can you post some pics of this car at least about the things you are asking about.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img