News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just saw Two Lane Blacktop

Started by 69bananabeast, October 09, 2005, 12:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

Was a pretty good movie was the first time watching it. Was actually suprised that there were quite a bit of Mopars in it. A few 70 Cudas , two 2nd gen chargers , and a Daytona from what i recall. One thing i really didnt get was the ending. Stopping in the middle of a drag race with the '55 and El Camino ? it looked like after that they tried to make it look like the film had burned or something.  So i guess no one really one . I just found it really odd.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

'CUDA360

Great movie

Really gave an insight into the racing scene back then and most of the folks in the movie were the real deal street racers and not actors.

As far as the ending goes though, I guess they just ran out of film and James Taylor said "it's just a seventies film so let's just stop here and go somewhere and get high....man.."   :icon_smile_question:

Lowprofile

One of my favorites! I would love to have a 55' Chevy.  :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

6pkrunner

I knew they were the same car(s) from American Graffiti, but here's a better in depth story on them.

http://kathyschrock.net/graffiti/55.htm

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 360cuda on October 09, 2005, 01:06:00 AM

As far as the ending goes though, I guess they just ran out of film and James Taylor said "it's just a seventies film so let's just stop here and go somewhere and get high....man.."     :icon_smile_question:

I think they just did that for the whole movie... not just the end  :icon_smile_big:   Sometimes 70s fiicks all seem that way too.    As long as you get some entertainment value it's all good.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TruckDriver

I love the movie. The part with the hitch hiker was funny. And the '55 is one bad ass ride!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

4cruzin

Need to go and see that one . . .sounds interesting! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69bananabeast

the hitch hiker in the 55 or the GTO . that dude in the gto picked up like 7  people .  Did people really hitchhike that much back then?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

'CUDA360

YES :yesnod:

When I was a kid those hitchhikinghippies were everywhere.
(But I was young and I am not into that so don't touch me there)