News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this parts car worth $750?

Started by MoparYoungGun, July 26, 2005, 04:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparYoungGun

Searching on Ebay I found a '68 parts car about 2.5 hours away. I was wondering if you all thought it would be worth the $750 buy it now price?   Here's the link, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4564887732&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT . Thanks!

ph23vo

Troy

Well, it's got quarter extensions and a semi-decent roof skin (if you don't need the sail panels). Counting the glass and rearend you could just about break even by parting it out - unless you had to drive a long way to get it. Interesting that it says the car is not an R/T but it has stripes. I paid $900 for one last year and the floors were more solid, it had bucket seats, a console, the original 383HP motor, original trans, lots more trim, and a bunch of the hard-to-find '68 only pieces. I doubt if that car can be saved (plus it has no title) and I don't really see a lot of useful parts. Maybe more pictures would help.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

SeattleCharger

I'd be interested in buying the back bumper from you, and some dash parts, and some front and rear window trim, hehe.     

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tomonty

I am only 2 hours from the car. I don't really have the time to go get it, otherwise I would think about it...
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

KMPX2

Try bidding and see what the reserve is set at. I would have to see it in person to tell.

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

69charger2002

i think it's worth $750 in parts. not exactly one to double your money on, but worth it if you need glass, bumpers etc.. i wish it was closer to me
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

twilt

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 26, 2005, 08:27:41 PM
i think it's worth $750 in parts. not exactly one to double your money on, but worth it if you need glass, bumpers etc.. i wish it was closer to me
trav
:iagree:

JimShine

If it were near me I would have hit the Buy it Now.

Big Lebowski

That there car is a diamond in a goats ass. Paint it orange and jump it.   :lolexplode:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

Quote from: Big Lebowski on July 26, 2005, 10:16:53 PM
  That there car is a diamond in a goats ass. Paint it orange and jump it.   :lolexplode:

Actually, that would be the perfect car do jump at next year's Dukesfest.  If you've seen pics of the MTV jumper and the previous Dukesfest jumpers, they're in comparible condition.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

PocketThunder

I dont think its worth a penny over $499.  I paid $500 for a 318 column car last summer.  It was a workable body and came with a '69 parts car.  Granted it was through a relative, but it probably wouldnt have cost that much more on the bay.  You can see it in my thread in Paint n Body.;
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

The seller has the same problem that runs rampant elsewhere, nobody reads. He had to post several times that the frame was rusty & apparently they still ask if it has rust in the frame. If it's worth $750, it would be if it had a lot of parts on it that you needed for yourself. To buy it & part it, forget it, you'll lose money. My guess is that some lunatic will pay over $1500 for it wanting to "save it" by the time the auction ends, & then complain it has rust in the frame rails & they were ripped off.

Personally I think it's a $500 car, tops. It's been picked at already.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

fearsjlwolf

69charger2002

$50-100 car??? are you aware that clusters go for $150-200 now, or that back glasses in good shape are worth $100+, or even taillights.. this isn't 1984. it's not restorable, but the a pillar plastic pieces alone are worth 50-100.. i can't believe no one has clicked that yet. maybe everyone here is over 2-3 hours away
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Troy

The BIN is gone and the reserve is met at the current bid of $499.95. Yeah, it's too far for me to drive at the moment or I'd probably have another one.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Drache

ok Im not 100% knowledgable about cars but I've never head of a BIN before :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

MoparYoungGun

He said an engine and trans also come with it. I was not and am not in dire need of a parts car but figured since it was fairly close I might as well think about it. Thanks for the opinions guys, there much appreciated!

Drache

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on July 27, 2005, 08:45:58 AM
He said an engine and trans also come with it. I was not and am not in dire need of a parts car but figured since it was fairly close I might as well think about it. Thanks for the opinions guys, there much appreciated!

The engine is a 318 with an auto tranny. I'm not sure what they cost down there but they are fairly cheap up here. I can't remember if he said the engine was running or not but you can't rely on that. If you need the part that the car has for your Charger then certainly pick it up, where else can you find all the parts you need together. If you are buying it to try and part out to sell then just stay away....

One thing is though you don't know how those tail lights are. It's fairly easy with a camera and a little polish to make those and the bumper look very nice until you see them up close.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69hemi

Quote from: Drache on July 27, 2005, 08:21:37 AM
ok Im not 100% knowledgable about cars but I've never head of a BIN before :D

You're just mad because he kept resetting you posts.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram