News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Going to the auctions. Charger!!

Started by 'CUDA360, October 09, 2005, 01:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What to do with a beat and rusted '74 Charger SE

Make it "the one"
5 (29.4%)
sell it and keep some parts
6 (35.3%)
cut it up for cash
2 (11.8%)
Ride around like Joe friggen Don Baker
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 13, 2005, 01:19:41 AM

'CUDA360

:-\

I check out the local auctions sometimes and it looks like they will have a '74 Charger SE going up on the block sometime late next month. I went back to check it out and it looks like a 360 car with gold exterior, white interior, Buckets, slap stik.

Did not have my digicam with me but I can tell you the outside is rough with rusted and battered quarters and a bent front bumper.
I bet I could get it for less then $200 but my question is does anybody know what this car would be worth dead or alive. I want it of course but would it be worth restoring or just turn it over and keep some of the parts for the fleet

Thanks

Silver R/T

if you can get it cheap im sure you can make buck even if you dont keep it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

if you can get it for $200 or less, you could sell the engine alone and make a profit. go for it.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

I vote for making it "the one".  There aren't enough 74's on the road and if you like the car at all then it deserves that chance.

chrisII

if its clean underneath i say keep it..otherwise its a great parts car..

RD

the questions you need answers to are:

1) does it have a title?
2) are the framerails, floorboards, and trunk pan shot?
3) vinyl roof car? if so, what is the condition of the roof?
4) what are the options on the car? fender tag info.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

Quote from: RD on October 09, 2005, 10:28:50 PM

1) does it have a title?
2) are the framerails, floorboards, and trunk pan shot?
3) vinyl roof car? if so, what is the condition of the roof?
4) what are the options on the car? fender tag info.
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

andy74

where are you located? if your close by,ill double your money to 400!

'CUDA360

Quote from: andy74 on October 10, 2005, 10:13:19 AM
where are you located? if your close by,ill double your money to 400!
I used to live in Bayport when I was a kid but I am in Arizona now
Quote from: RD on October 09, 2005, 10:28:50 PM

1) does it have a title?                                                                             Yes, AZ title fee $4.00
2) are the framerails, floorboards, and trunk pan shot?            Good frame, Floor OK I think, don't know on trunk pan
3) vinyl roof car? if so, what is the condition of the roof?        Aren't they all vinyl roof cars in '74? no rust though
4) what are the options on the car? fender tag info.           not allowed to pop the hood but has some good options that look original

RD

well then, if you got the room/space, I would keep it then.  and no, not all 74's vinyl top cars.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

If it is an Arizona car rust shouldnt be an issue.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

'CUDA360

I went down to the impound yard today and hung around waiting to talk to the owner. He is a nice guy and I told him I heard some vehicles were going up for auction. He knew what I was talking about and took me in the golf cart to the back of the property where a split in half Dodge Van with a 360 was rotting away.
I said that's nice but what about a '74 Charger that is going up?
He said oh, you know about that? We moved it over here because of all the interest..Oh no I thought :'(

No problem, I'll take you over there. He kept telling me it's a 480 car :yesnod:

I got the VIN and it turns out to be a 400 4/bbl car. The only rust is in the Passenger side quarter that was hit and needs to be replaced anyway.
The hood was stuck but I reached though the busted grill and was able to pop the hood.
Fresh blue paint on the engine and a big Air Cleaner that read 440.
Bonus!!!
I copied the fender tag also...
I hope the auctioneers don't figure out how to open that hood :icon_smile_big:

RD

cool! cant wait to see how everything works out.  get pic's too!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

andy74

good luck man,thats ana wesome score if you get it!