News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just a typical day at the office...(pic)

Started by Wakko, October 09, 2005, 11:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

When the call came out of a 5 foot 'gator in someone's front yard, I figured it was just an iguana. 3-4-5 foot iguanas are pretty common around here, but when we got on scene and saw this sucker, I had to snap a picture. He was about 5 feet long and REALLY pissed. Right after this picture was taken he huffed and puffed and tried to come after me. Considering his snout and front feet were duct taped, it was tough for him to do. He broke the duct tape on his snout and snapped around some, but I only have that on video...no snapshots.   
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger_Fan

Geez, he broke the duct tape on his mouth? Dayumm! :o

I forget which part of Florida you're in, but I take it you're not very far inland?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

Kinda reminds me of my ex-wife....... A big mouth with a lot of muscle :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

SHOOT IT!

hell no, i wouldn't sit near one of those things!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Steve P.

Wacco, what did ya do with the little guy??  I know you've had to deal with much bigger...

We have gators inland too........  Also panthers, bears and many deadly snakes...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

4cruzin

Looks like fun!!  Nice critter!      
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

SuBLimE 69

That gator is thinkin..."man, here I am minding my own business looking for a dog to eat and some @$$ Pirate in a white shirt comes along and tapes my mouth shut.....I'd love to chase him around and then get his picture !"

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

General_01

You gonna make a gator grain top for the Charger? ;D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Rocky

"Watch as I stick my finger up his bum..................

WOAH!...........That really made him mad.

Let's see what happens if I do it again............."

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 09, 2005, 01:21:37 PM
I forget which part of Florida you're in, but I take it you're not very far inland?
If I remember correctly he works for the Broward County Sheriffs Department which is around the Fort Lauderdale area.

CFMopar

Quote from: Rocky on October 10, 2005, 04:48:20 AM
"Watch as I stick my finger up his bum..................

WOAH!...........That really made him mad.

Let's see what happens if I do it again............."

Haha southpark ;)

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

BigBlackDodge

They come out of the egg that size aorund here.................. :icon_smile_big:

BBD

Wakko

Fort Lauderdale is the city just south of me and that picture was taken about two miles from the beach.  The story is that a guy trapped it in Okeechobee (that big ass lake in Florida) and shot it in the head with a .357 Bangstick.  Thought it was dead.  Guess again.  He went inside and came back out "Where the hell is the gator?"  He was on the loose for TWO DAYS before someone called it in and we got it.  The same trapper that originally caught it saw the commotion, came by, showed his permit for the gator (had his tag on it) and off he went.  He said he was going to kill it with a hammer and chisel to the head.  :(   I don't know about you guys, but unless someone's life or health is in immediate danger, I can't kill one of God's creatures in cold blood like that.  His wife asked me if I could tase or shoot it if it attacked her husband.  I told her nope, he's antagonizing it.  :)

And don't make fun of our stupid white "Shoot me" shirts.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

derailed

Quote from: Wakko on October 10, 2005, 10:10:48 PM
    I don't know about you guys, but unless someone's life or health is in immediate danger, I can't kill one of God's creatures in cold blood like that.  

I agree, unless its a cat :icon_smile:   Just kidding

CFMopar

Isn't killing it like that illegal? Why wouldn't he just release it somewhere safe...  :-\
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Wakko

That's just the point.  It wasn't trapped because it was in a neighborhood, he trapped it in the wild (hunted it) and it escaped in the neighborhood.  Florida State Law states that when a gator is trapped, it must be killed immediately, so he shot it with a .357, but it didn't kill it.  He had permits to catch, kill and skin two gators...this was just one of them. 

I don't like it, but that's just me.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

4402tuff4u

Guys like that (trapper) are the ones that give hunters a bad rap. As far as I'm concern that gator should be set free. He beat the trapper and he should be set free after a vet gives him a check out and have the trapper pay for it. The trapper should have his license pulled for ineptitude and not knowing or being irresponsible on how to handle wildlife and furthermore putting people/officers at risk.

I and members in our hunting club burn many boxes of ammo through our 30-06's every year for that precise reason. One shot = one kill shot. In our hunting club there is no maiming or crippling deer allowed. If you are not sure of your shot, you do not take it!. We have no pity on hunters that miss all the time and only pick up their rifles the day before opening season. I've seen many deer shot in hind quarters when the hunter was actually aiming for the heart. :flame:   
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Wakko

He has a permit to bag two gators only...he's not a regular trapper.  I agree about taking only positive shots, but you would think that a .357 to the head would kill just about anything (except Shirley McClaine, maybe). 

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

andy74

tough son of a bitch huh! when i lived in florida i was driving down rt 40 one night,just about half way between daytona and ocala,when we hit a gator crossing the road with my uncles pick up.we were doing about 60,and it was like jumping a frigging speed bump-not good.we got out of the truck,and looked around,and this big mofo,starts hissing at us,i dont think it even phased him! we called the hiway patrol anyway,but i dont know what they did about it,they just took our names and phone numbers,and let us go home