News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1972 Rallye Charger: Paint My Chrome Bumpers Body Color or Not ???

Started by moparmusclecars, April 02, 2008, 01:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparmusclecars

Ok Guys, I wanna ask what you guys think  if I was to paint my chrome bumpers on my 72 Rallye EV2 hemi orange Charger to match that of some 71 R/T's. What do you guys think? Also should I just sand blast them good and use an epoxy primer like DP40 from ppg before painting? Or do they need to be stripped of the chrome from the bumper shop? Anyone had experiences either way with this? Should I leave them chrome or paint them?

280bb0

IF the car is all nubers matching and it in good shape I would say dont do it!! I have a 72 that im doing  not a ralley or numbers matching so im looking at fiberglass bumpers and painting them the color of the car

Charger1973

Depends what you like.  Either way, I wouldnt paint the originals.  I would buy a spare set and paint those so you can keep the originals incase you ever want to go back. 

Nacho-RT74

with black tail lights my votes are for painted

with gray/argent tail lights, I would go chrome

So at the end, I would make one of the same setups used in 71

HIGHJACK ALERT:
what I don't understand is on Rallye advertising states grilles are black, and mostly Rallyes I have seen ( untouched ones ) are same as regulars ( same as the pictured one )

Ad pic also is the same regular
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Doright

Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more