News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bengal Charger

Started by 68charger, July 26, 2005, 05:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger

Ok, Im not sure exactly what it is and I hear there is only a couple left of 50. What exactly is modified to these 68 chargers?

RD

I am sure there is someone more knowledgeable then I, but I believe they are, of course, painted orange with a black bumblebee stripe *edit*.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Troy

There were 50 1968 Chargers special made for Tom Kneer Dodge in Cincinnati Ohio to celebrate the new NFL franchise (the Bengals of course!). They all had "fleet" orange paint, black interior, special Bengal decals, and (I believe) a black bumble bee. I don't know if they all had black vinyl tops or not but some did. There are "a few" in the Dodge Charger Registry but I don't have exact numbers. I tried to track down more information in the past and even visited the dealership to see if they still had info on the decals but I haven't had much luck.

RD: They are not R/T SEs because they were 1968 models. I don't actually *think* any were R/Ts but I'm not sure.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68charger

Good enough answer for me! Thanks for the info, I was just curious.

Troy

Pics:
http://www.cars-on-line.com/68dodge6040.html
(This guy says only one exists - but he's the seller of course.)

Troy

ChargerHound69

Only 35,000 for the last one known to be around.  Sounds like a bargin.

mustanghater

theirs like 13 still around
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Troy

Quote from: mustanghater on July 26, 2005, 05:53:13 PM
theirs like 13 still around

You know where they are? That's the highest number I've heard.

Troy

Drache

There used to be a site called Bengal-Chargers.com or something that told all about them and the restoration of one....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

hemigeno

There was a long thread on D-C.com that had a lot of info about these.   They are pretty rare, but I've heard of 4 or 5 still in existence.   Incidentally, Tom Kneer (the dealer) said they did order a few R/T's, but most were not.   They didn't order any Hemi cars since they had a problem selling.   There was a website link that I had posted in that old thread which had a bunch of historical info, an interview with Tom Kneer, and tons of pics.   Of course, I didn't save that link, since it was always going to be on D-C.com, right?      :'(

chargermad890

theres an old collectors guide that did a whole story on them but this was years ago