News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash wiring question 69 charger

Started by oldsnofear, March 19, 2008, 03:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

I dont have my camera here. does any one know where the 2pink wires that go into 1 connector that break out of the dash harness near the steering column go this is a floor shift model with ac the wires are about a foot and a half long. i ve been looking for 2 hours now  :brickwall: if nobody knows i ll take a picture next week thanks shawn

1969chargerrtse

I'm looking at my schematic now and if I understand you correct, I don't see 2 pink wires?  I do see 2 red wires that maybe are the ones you speak of?  They go to high beam lamp and hi low beam switch.  Thats the only 2 wires out of one slot I see? They come from the second position over on the plug.  :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: oldsnofear on March 19, 2008, 03:14:16 AM
I dont have my camera here. does any one know where the 2pink wires that go into 1 connector that break out of the dash harness near the steering column go this is a floor shift model with ac the wires are about a foot and a half long. i ve been looking for 2 hours now  :brickwall: if nobody knows i ll take a picture next week thanks shawn

Brake light switch?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Looks like brake light switch is pink and white.  Pink goes to plug that goes to tail lamps, white to E flasher?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

oldsnofear

I got the 69 service manual to and i cant find it on there it doesnt go to the cluster its a one spade female with 2 pink wires and its factory.it breaks out of the harness about 2 ft fro the firewall connector at the right side of the column  thanks shawn

oldsnofear

a post by shakey for 69 dash wiring  on nov 2 2005 shows apic of the wires im talking about jpeg 0014 the 2 pink wires on the right thanks

Nacho-RT74

OFTENLLY diagrams are not exact. That two wires could it indicate there is a splice somewhere in the wire, but that doesn't mean exactly on that point

Normally pink wires spliced in to a female terminal are running to the emergency flasher as far I recall right now. However should it be in to a two way plug L shaped. The other wire should it be black ( or dark brown, dunno remember )

HOWEVER... on wiring diagram I'm checking right now for 69 B body, does appear brake pedal switch use a spliced pink wire to run in there on female plug the input to switch and the spliced to dome light. Brake pedal switch use two plugs. the other one is with white wire
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

oldsnofear

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PICTURE OF THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH IN A 69 THANKS SHAWN

1969chargerrtse

Here. Look, pink wires!  While were here, does anyone have a picture of the brake pedal return spring location?

jet

on the diagram i have one pink goes to connector [ "TO DOME LAMP WIRING[BODY]"]

jet

Woops  I didn't finish,    From the stop lamp switch  one pink goes to" DOME LAMP WIRING" [BODY]" connector,  the 2nd wire goes to the Emergency Flasher and that same pink wire then goes back to the fuse box/panel. So the pink is 12volt supply for dome light, brake light and emergency lights.
Thats the way I see it.  good luck

jet

Re the return spring, the only spring I can see on my old girl is a spring that hooks in the groove of the pushrod [as shown in the pix] and goes straight up and hooks to the top of the brake pedal frame.  not a very big spring about half inch diameter and four inches long.  In fact doesn't look big enough to do the job but that is all I can see at this point in time.   

jet

Re return spring ...A second look didnt make me any wiser so I am thinking maybe its the spring in the vacuum brake booster that does the job.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: jet on March 24, 2008, 12:17:16 AM
Re return spring ...A second look didn't make me any wiser so I am thinking maybe its the spring in the vacuum brake booster that does the job.
I was messing around with the shaft in the booster when I had it off one day and broke that spring.  I called a booster place and he said that spring was over kill, It just kept the rod firm in it's place.  M pedal returns fine, but i id have a broken spring down by the pedal.