News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How did you choose your doctor?

Started by SirNik73, October 10, 2005, 12:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

Ok, I’m 22 and on my dads insurance until I finish college. I need to find a doctor. My mom and dad are divorced, and my mom lived about 45 minuets from where I am going to college (in Sacramento, CA) so I was seeing her doctor for the last 3 years. But she just moved away and I’m having problems with the doctor. When I was a kid my family lived in the country (where my dad still lives, Kelseyville, CA) and the doctor we had was well, a country doctor. He actually fixed you when you were sick. all the doctors I’ve seen in the city just drug you and send you home and if you don't get better you end up at the hospital for any real work (blood tests, small surgery) that could have been preformed in the doctors office. the problem I’m having now is with the legal side of the medical industry, I was asked by my work (an engineering office) to send a letter to my doctor that asked for the doctors signature staying that my doctor would treat me if I had a Workman’s Comp request. The doctor refused to sign the letter.

The letter isn't complicated at all its only one sentence long staying "If I am injured on the job I wish to be treated by my personal physician or personal chiropractor, who has treated me before and who has my medical or chiropractic records" the I signed it and sent it to the doctor for her signature.

What I’m asking is how did you guys find your doctors? I want to find a doctor that will fix me when I’m sick and not just drug the problem away. And a doctor who can sign a simple letter. One of my options is to send this letter to my dad’s doctor and have him sign it, but that doctor is over 2 hours away. That not very realistic. Is there any country doctors left in the world?
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Silver R/T

I think youll have better luck overseas for doctors, that will do surgeries and everything else for cheaper and care for you better.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blown70

She did not as WC in most places sucks.  Sorry to break it to you but WC can be a pain. Not sure about your state..... mine is not too bad.  But I do not have a preference to deal with WC.

I am a chiropractic provider myself.

BLOWN70

Troy

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 10, 2005, 01:07:11 PM
I think youll have better luck overseas for doctors, that will do surgeries and everything else for cheaper and care for you better.

??? Gee, lemme take a flight to Indonesia in whenever I have an injury at work. Hope I don't bleed to death on the plane...

As for my doctor, I have a bunch of relatives who are nurses so they let me know which doctors are good and which ones aren't so good.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bad1032

Dealing with w/c SUCKS, no if ands or butts, :flame: been dealing with them since a volvo decided to take me out on my Police bike, If you have to deal with w/c get a good lawyer :yesnod:. As far as Dr goes ask around, there are a few good ones left.

SirNik73

Fortunatly i haven't had to deal with workmans comp. this is just a piliminary thing that my work wants on file, but if its this hard to deal with the doctor now, what would it be like if i had a workmans comp claim.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

twilt

how did i choose?  i had to pick from a list. i picked the one that i could pronounce.