News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint gun recommendations

Started by quikshft, October 10, 2005, 03:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quikshft

I think I'm going to purchase a new gun before I paint my current project. I'm not stuck on any one brand, would consider all...mostly want something suited to base/clear paint systems used today. Just wonder what any other of you who paint are using and happy with. As far as frequency of use goes, I seem to paint a car (whether I want to or not) about every 3 years. Any good deals out there?

MichaelRW

DeVilbiss & Sata are both excellent paint guns but a bit pricey. Expect to pay $400-$500.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

sharpspike

when you get ready to buy check this place out, the lowest prices i fourd. i bought a sata rp digital, and a finex 300 from them. but they have most of the gun brands.

lots of good info in the help and automotive sections.

http://www.spraygunworld.com/

quikshft

I like the Sata RP Digital as well, what is the deal in California? Is hvlp a required feature in a gun? Are the reduced pressure guns compliant?

MichaelRW

Quote from: quikshft on October 11, 2005, 01:13:51 AM
I like the Sata RP Digital as well, what is the deal in California? Is hvlp a required feature in a gun? Are the reduced pressure guns compliant?

Yes, HVLP is required in California, non-HVLP guns are illegal. The Sata Digital is a great choice.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Drop Top

As long as it states HVLP somewhere on the gun its legal in Calif. I have used a Sata gun for along time and like it very much. But for a bit less money the Iwata is a much better gun for finish work. I still use the Sata for my base coat. But with the Iwata the clear lays down much smoother. Be very careful using the same gun for primers and painting. Make sure you clean the gun very well before switching from primer to paint. I use four differant guns each has its own perpose. But I paint a bit more offten then you would.

sharpspike

hey droptop, what model iwata are you using.

Drop Top

I'll have a look at it and get back to you.

Drop Top

sharpspike;
Sorry it took so long. I kept forgeting to look. I just came in from using it and remembered to look at the model number. Its an LPH-400.

sharpspike

41husk

What do you recommend for primmer? Do I need anything fancy?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

cudaken

I like Sharp Colbat and for the money hard to beat at $150.00. Tried there 1.4 Head, shoot to little for my taste. Went to a 1.8 head and worked well with base and the clear. I also have the same gun with a 2.3 head and will spray K 2 Primer.

Allen, if you will let me, I will spary the primer for you with the 2.3 head sharp. Needs to be laid out as slick as you can, saves blocking time.

Ken
I am back