News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANYBODY HAVE THE LINK FOR THE 69 CHARGER RE-BODY THAT WAS ON TV ?

Started by daytonalo, March 24, 2008, 10:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

LOOKING FOR LINK FOR THE 69 CHARGER RE-BODY . THEY USED A NEW CHARGER SRT8 AND CUT OFF ALL THE SHEETMETAL THEN INSTALLED OLD BODY ON NEW CHASSIS .ANYBODY ?????

LARRY

Ghoste

Wasn't there a story on that car in one of the Mopar mags a couple of months ago too?

daytonalo

Mike DC

I didn't see it if they did.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone in the Mopar hobby to try that. 

The Chevy guys woulda had that re-body listed for sale with a part number in the YearOne catalog before most of the SRT8s were even off the car carriers at the dealerships.   

daytonalo

FJMG

Not sure about the 69 charger but the new concept cuda at the jan. B-J auction used a new gen charger platform and interior.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

joesykora

The video listed above obviously has an idiot that has no idea that this is actually a 68 charger instead of a 67 like the one that is listed in the description on the video, poor research on their part I am sure

daytonalo

That's it !! But I need to know more about the build

Larry

joesykora

Found some pics for you but nothing more on the build itself

daytonalo

Ghoste

Quote from: FJMG on March 25, 2008, 03:42:01 PM
   Not sure about the 69 charger but the new concept cuda at the jan. B-J auction used a new gen charger platform and interior.

That's the one I was thinking of.  Never saw that 68 thing before.

Mike DC

That car's way-bulged-up dashboard in front of the steering wheel is giving me abdominal pains. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

The actual show was online somewhere.....cant find it anymore though.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mike DC

Check out the front wheelwells.  Looks like they did a subtle job of raising the wheelwell hole upwards for the car's new raked stance. 

daytonalo

Cool idea , kinda looks like P. Diddy taste !!! Butt ugly wheels and color !!!

Ghoste

Not something for my taste but how about it professional bodymen, would something like that be fairly simple or a huge undertaking?

daytonalo

LeeBoy

The car was built by West Coast Customs on the TLC show Street Customs. No info on their site. I'll keep looking.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

daytonalo

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

daytonalo

Ghoste

Quote from: LeeBoy on March 27, 2008, 09:23:54 PM
The car was built by West Coast Customs on the TLC show Street Customs. No info on their site. I'll keep looking.

Aren't they the same ones who did the work on the cuda-ized one?

LeeBoy

Quote from: Ghoste on March 27, 2008, 11:31:36 PM
Quote from: LeeBoy on March 27, 2008, 09:23:54 PM

Aren't they the same ones who did the work on the cuda-ized one?
Not sure about that one.

chargerkid01

The wheels are nasty but if the green was a little brighter wouldnt be too bad!! It has the confederate flag upolstered or something like that on the inside headliner only it is green black and yellow its been awhile since I seen the show tv makes everything look easy don't it