News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

jims auto parts.com is the worst company

Started by rudyjrusa, March 25, 2008, 12:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

i wanted to buy some parts and asked about shipping cost would be - they refuse to tell me and they don't call you back - i asked if i can call back too see how much for shipping cost and she says - see ya later and hangs up.  what JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   how do they survive???

hutch

I think I have posted 2 or 3 times on how much they suck.  I gave them up about a year ago.

Right now I am dealing with the same crap from a place called "Mopars by Crane"  I orderd some shit about a month ago and they will not return my calls or emails. I am giving them till friday till I pull the payment with my credit card company.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 25, 2008, 12:55:34 PM
PMS? :shruggy: :shruggy:
I don't think it's bad to post feedback (good or bad) of a retail business on the open forum, maybe it will help others to avoid the same problems.
Posting negative stuff on fellow members on the open forum however, is generally frowned upon.

Just my :Twocents: :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Aero426

Quote from: rudyjrusa on March 25, 2008, 12:46:57 PM
i wanted to buy some parts and asked about shipping cost would be - they refuse to tell me and they don't call you back - i asked if i can call back too see how much for shipping cost and she says - see ya later and hangs up.  what JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   how do they survive???

You are very lucky she hung up on you without placing an order.

They survive by having a nice looking website and taking advantage of every customer one time.

Ask about this place on just about any Mopar board, and the response will be negative. 

70 Charger RT

QuotePMS? 

I don't think it's bad to post feedback (good or bad) of a retail business on the open forum, maybe it will help others to avoid the same problems.
Posting negative stuff on fellow members on the open forum however, is generally frowned upon.

Just my 

I think RECHRGD  was referring to the lady at Jim's Auto Parts.  That's the way I interpreted it anyway.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on March 25, 2008, 01:28:04 PM

I think RECHRGD  was referring to the lady at Jim's Auto Parts.  That's the way I interpreted it anyway.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

SnoPro440

QuotePMS? 

Just my 

I think he meant something along these lines.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

gordo1968charger

i think there should be a post on suppliers who are dogshit,save everyone a load of aggrevation.
never used jims auto parts before but the website looks good!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Charger_Fan

Oops...not PM's, but PMS...duh fer me! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Quote from: DougSchellinger on March 25, 2008, 01:27:33 PM
Quote from: rudyjrusa on March 25, 2008, 12:46:57 PM

You are very lucky she hung up on you without placing an order.

They survive by having a nice looking website and taking advantage of every customer one time.

Ask about this place on just about any Mopar board, and the response will be negative. 

Not sure if its the same place...but didnt someone post here (or maybe it was moparts) that they won't tell you how much the shipping is, then when you place the order they'll rape you with it...and IIRC, also the price of the parts are a lot more than what they were quoted - and they'll charge them to your CC.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Joshua

I see threads like this come up often about bad customer service.....
I'm about to order some patch panels for my Charger....
Is there a list of companies that come highly recommended???

nh_mopar_fan

You should be thankful that you didn't see her in person.

MY EYES, MY EYES! THEY BURN!

bull

Quote from: DougSchellinger on March 25, 2008, 01:27:33 PM
:yesnod: Let's just say they have a lot of new customers but very few return/loyal customers.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: hutch on March 25, 2008, 12:53:11 PM
I think I have posted 2 or 3 times on how much they suck.  I gave them up about a year ago.

Right now I am dealing with the same crap from a place called "Mopars by Crane"  I orderd some shit about a month ago and they will not return my calls or emails. I am giving them till friday till I pull the payment with my credit card company.

i was just about to order some stuff from them - i guess not - thanks for the advanced notice!

smasherofall

when i used to hang out on moparts, there was a negative post about them about every week.  STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

1969chargerrtse

I know of few places, but that place rings a bell.  We talked about them in the past.  That lady on the phone needs to get another job.  Bad things written about them in other threads here.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

NHCharger

Rudy, just do a search on this site or moparts about jim's. I bought from them back in 95, before there were forums like this to warn people about crooks like jim's.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 25, 2008, 01:21:40 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on March 25, 2008, 12:55:34 PM
PMS? :shruggy: :shruggy:

Just my :Twocents: :)

well - if there is an issue with a forum meber that can not be resolved privately - i see nothing wrong with treating them like any other company.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

TK73

DEEYAM!! Another thread about this place... I'll never buy from Jim's Auto Parts, people named Jim, Jimmie, James or Jane from now on...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Ghoste

rudyjrusa

Quote from: TK73 on March 25, 2008, 09:14:46 PM
DEEYAM!! Another thread about this place... I'll never buy from Jim's Auto Parts, people named Jim, Jimmie, James or Jane from now on...

you forgot Jamie!

smasherofall

Quote from: rudyjrusa on March 26, 2008, 01:52:02 PM

you forgot Jamie!

Hey!! some of us Jims are good guys      :'(

squeakfinder

Quote from: smasherofall on March 26, 2008, 06:44:38 PM
Quote from: rudyjrusa on March 26, 2008, 01:52:02 PM

you forgot Jamie!

Hey!! some of us Jims are good guys     

Oh. I think there IS somthing  likeable about you......
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....