News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Gauges?!

Started by soundkat, March 25, 2008, 04:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundkat

I got my 69 RT down to the MVD yesterday and on the way back I lost the Temp, Fuel and Oil pressure guages? Any easy ideas to fix this? Peace

69chargeryeehaa

ground to the dash, or the instrument cluster voltage limiter may be bad...? :scratchchin:

soundkat

Checked ground to column and is good. Where's Nacho, he seems to know about all this pretty good:)

soundkat

it was the voltage limiter, what a PIA to get at!!!

UFO

Next step is to check voltage limiter as posted earlier.That unit can be a problem.It's old school technology that pulses 12 volts to trick the gauges into thinking their getting 5 volts.

Nacho-RT74

sorry, didn't noticed this topic earlier

I was to say check first at fuse box because must be a fuse what feeds the voltage limiter at cluster, but that is on 3rd gens not on earliers... so next step is simply the voltage limiter
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chatt69chgr

You may want to consider replacing your electromechanical voltage limiter with one of the new electronic ones being advertised in the mopar magazines.  They are kind of pricy at $50 but I think they are worth it.  Particularly considering that one of the failure modes of the original voltage limiter wipes the gauges out.  I bought one but it's packed in a box and I don't recall where right now.  Someone on here will have the link.  This new piece is not a packaged three terminal voltage regulator.  It's a all new design.

68charger383

If not the fuse, check and make sure the plug didn't fall off the board. Its the plug that goes on the 5 metal pins coming out between the speedo and the gas gauge.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10