News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A4 Daytona 4-speed for sale

Started by Beep Beep Dave, March 30, 2008, 07:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

http://www.legendarydreamcargarage.com/legendary.php?obj=inventory&name=1969DodgeDaytona

I don't recall seeing this one before. Some pretty good detail pics of it on the website. Anyone know the car?

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

It surely is nice... White stripe is the boss on that color combination.............  Great car........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

That's not one I can peg (AFAIK).

Looks like a very nice resto overall, but what's up with that carburetor?   :scratchchin:

daytonalo

Looks like primer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beep Beep Dave

1970 Charger R/T

tan top

awesome daytona  , great color combo  :yesnod:.......... is there any with white & white stripe in A4 ..red & A4 is a awesome combo i thin also  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice car but Im shocked that LMC would use those valve covers as well....lot of "incorrect" for 198k under the hood but I'm no expert...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 31, 2008, 09:31:41 AM
Nice car but Im shocked that LMC would use those valve covers as well....lot of "incorrect" for 198k under the hood but I'm no expert...

I completely agree Chris.  Thought the same thing too about the resto, as there were a ton of detail things I noted -- but I guess $198k will still get an original 4-speed Daytona even if the resto isn't concours-quality.  99% of the spectators at your average car show would not notice what sticks out like a sore thumb to us.

moparchris

Since Legendary has a lot of exposure it should be interesting to see how long this car is on the market.  I think  quite a few people rely on their reputation of restoring cars and probably will not question anything on the car, they will assume that if Legendary did it then it must be right.  BTW. what's up with that distributor?  A34 car should be prestolite dual point.

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on March 31, 2008, 11:56:26 AM
Since Legendary has a lot of exposure it should be interesting to see how long this car is on the market.  I think  quite a few people rely on their reputation of restoring cars and probably will not question anything on the car, they will assume that if Legendary did it then it must be right.  BTW. what's up with that distributor?  A34 car should be prestolite dual point.

Looks like they added a Mopar Performance electronic distributor with the harness made up to look OEM. It's running along the driver's inner fender.. I bet the ICU is located in the nose cone area or on the core support... 

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 31, 2008, 01:04:06 PM

Looks like they added a Mopar Performance electronic distributor with the harness made up to look OEM. It's running along the driver's inner fender.. I bet the ICU is located in the nose cone area or on the core support... 

Troy
i know it's not original but they run a hell of alot better that way

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

You would think they would do better work , I guess all that TV went to  Peter's  big Caveman head !!!!!!!!!

Wrong color receiver tab for latch tray
wrong color scissor jack

Larry

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on March 31, 2008, 01:27:45 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on March 31, 2008, 01:04:06 PM

Troy
i know it's not original but they run a hell of alot better that way

If you have a dual-point set up right, they aren't that far behind, if not in front, of the electronic... I pitched my electronic for Dana in favor of the OEM dual-point... I had it checked and recalibrated on a distributor machine to make sure everything was good and voila, it ran like a champ and burred like a kitten.............  Now,in overall dependability in breaker breakdown, the electronic will win...................

T
Troy

Beep Beep Dave

Legendary is more of a car flipper rather than resto shop. I doubt the car would have done there. For maxium profit I doubt they go over a car to correct the details. I think they are there to make money rather than make friends :rofl:
I agree with the red Daytona stripe would look best.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

472 R/T SE

I actually like the black stripe, goes good with the interior.  :Twocents:  It's a damn good lookin' car.

spang

69_500

Reminds me somewhat of the green HEMI 500 they had advertised a few years back. You know the one that recently sold at BJ in AZ this year. Great looking car, but not 100% correct.

nascarxx29

Wonder what the origins of this silver car is.I recall a silver one that went around sometime back on ebay.It had a 379 vin sold from Sam Brown dodge Ohio .Its claim was it was NM Pace car.Not sure if its this car.Jerry Juneman also had a silver daytona.Looking at the 79 older records we see a 440 Silver daytona 4 speed black interior.And looking up the vin ship list forthe job number and scheduled build date.But after 5 29 which the ad says this car is a May 29.This one a little after shows XX29l9B400565 602 926125 Wolverine Dodge Jackson MI
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

1970 RT/SE

Ghoste

Quote from: daytonalo on March 31, 2008, 01:37:38 PM
I guess all that TV went to  Peter's  big Caveman head !!!!!!!!!

Larry

You have no idea.

spang

that silver car just sold, they just got another red one in.