News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

models

Started by mustanghater, July 26, 2005, 07:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

does anyone collect car models? I stick to mopars. I got my S&M bird today thats why I'm asking
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Drache

I'm currently working on a '69 Charger model kit that im converting to a '70 and I'm trying to make look like my dad's Charger!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

mustanghater

I was building a car set for the nats but it will have to wait till next year, it's done but I'm not going this year so it needs to wait till next year
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

tomonty

Currently working on 69 Charger model...I don't build them too often, but I enjoy doing them
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

TheGhost

I have a few, yes.  I'll take pics later.  2 Ford Mustangs (finished), 1 P-51 Mustang (unstarted), 1 Roadrunner (finished), 1 GTX (current project), 1 Charger (unstarted), 1 'Cuda (unstarted), 1 Duster (unstarted)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

2fast4u

I used to....got a bunch in a box out in the garage that haven't even been touched yet!!  all mopar
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

BigBlackDodge

I have roughly about 50 unbuilt models on their boxes.................90% are mopar, the others are drag racing related except for the lone Bill Elliot Intrepid R/T :icon_smile_big:

BBD

dkn1997

My first model was a 71 hemi cuda. orange w/black billboards.  anyone else remember that one?
RECHRGED

JimShine

Not into pre-built ones. Here are some that I have put together. I have maybe just as many built and paxcked away plus 30 or so unbuilt. I slowed down building them over the past few years. Hopefully this winter I will get some done.

Just discovered the other day that I have a recall Monogram '69 Charger. These were the first batch that had incorrect roof proportions and were quickly recalled and the tooling was fixed.

Drache

Now that is a nice collection Jim!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: Drache on July 26, 2005, 11:20:59 PM
Now that is a nice collection Jim!

Looking nice!  :thumbs:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Dodge-Charger

QuoteHere are some that I have put together.
Hey Jim , Lookin good man !  When ya gonna put a G Lee together ?  :o

SeattleCharger

That's some collection you have there Jim.   You even have Daisy's jeep from the Dukes it looks like, and just showing you have the Dukes of Hazard lunchbox up on top, cool.   I saw one of those for sale about a year ago in a pawn shop for fifty bucks.   Wish I would have bought it.   There is one like that hanging in a retro restaurant in W. Seattle.   Probably be really hard to find one after the Dukes movie.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

JimShine

Thanks guys! The General Lee's show an evolution in my model building. One is an old MPC kit I built in 1982 when I was 8. Then there is one from 1997 that is the Monogram kit with General Lee parts from the reissue kits (wanted the correct body). There is another made similarly from around 1999, but I wired and plumbed the engine and use photo etched parts to detail it. The last I made in 2001 and that one I had custom decals made for accuracy and had paint mixed to match the paint code. Needless to say, I am done building them now.

The next one I want to build is a 1968 Charger to look like my '68 will look when it is done. Just need to find a Dick Landy or Bullitt kit to get it going.

Here are some pics of my 'refined' General.

I like the linked site as the guy made the menu look like a model box.
http://www.di-namix.com/naglfc/shine.htm

Dodge-Charger

QuoteI like the linked site as the guy made the menu look like a model box.
That is cool Jim. :2thumbs:

2fast4u

Which scale is that Jim?  Is it the 1/18 scale?  It looks like it is...I did one like that back in '82 and took second place at our local car show. They had a huge display area for models (more models then actual cars)!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!