News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Auto trans linkage question with pic 68

Started by runningman, October 11, 2005, 01:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Took apart my shifter linkage to clean and zinc plate.  Anyone know if this white bushing is supposed to be pressed all the way into the bracket?  thanks

runningman

I am assuming it is but you know what happens when you do that :)

RD

yes it is. if you look at your setup, that puts a "other than stock" angle on it which can mess up your shifter linkage position.  When your shifter is out of adjustment that does not too good things to your valve body (i.e. half in half out of D or 2 or 1) let alone other shifter positions.  All bushings should be mounted properly and show no extreme amounts of wear.  Too much wear in your bushings will thrown off your shifter linkage positioning and possibly cause internal valve body problems which leads to bigger problems later.

to make it short, flush that bushing or it could cause you bigger problems later.  They sell replacement bushings from the dealer still, though they do not look like the originals, they still will work.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

runningman