News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with 318 wiring in caddy

Started by ereru7, April 08, 2008, 01:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ereru7

so my brother and i drug home a 1961 caddy. ganked the motor and trans out. we are going to put a 318 auto in it. i have everything figured out except.......the wiring. So i need some advice. Should I get an msd 6al box? :shruggy:

TheGhost

What engine was originally in the Caddy?

I bet this conversion will piss alot of GM people off. :lol:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ereru7

390  caddy! i hope, around here, GM and Mopar guys are at eachothers throats.
any advice?

TheGhost

Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy, but I'm sure someone around here can help.

That 390 needs to find it's way to a good home.  Perhaps a T bucket or ratrod....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ereru7

find its way home to a scrap yard.....sorry mopar only

ereru7

wasnt talking to you.... the other guy

ereru7

TheGhost

Quote from: ereru7 on April 08, 2008, 09:15:44 AM
find its way home to a scrap yard.....sorry mopar only

Why scrap an engine almost 400 ci, just because it's not a Mopar engine?

Find a guy with a hotrod project needing an engine, and sell it to him.  I hate to see ANY old big block just go to waste.

BlueSS454

Interesting swap you're doing there, but I have one question......Why are you wasting time with a 318 when a 440 is bigger  :yesnod:  Will the oil pan on the 318 work with the frame crossmember?
Tom Rightler