News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Car is Dead, Need Help....

Started by Rockatanski, April 10, 2008, 06:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockatanski

Hi Guys,
Today my son and I were wiring in a fuel gauge into out 74 Charger. Long story short, while we were hooking the wires up, we heard a pop and I thought I blew a fuse. All the fuses are fine, but the right side of the fuse panel is dead along with the top left fuse and the car won't start. There is power to the starter relay on the fire wall and I checked the end on the fusable link and theres power to that. Any ideas where to look? Thanks for all the help and advice.

Tilar

If no fuses or fusable links are blown, Check the bulkhead where it comes through the firewall. IT may have been loose to begin with and the extra load furned a main contact.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Nacho-RT74

I WAS SURE I REPLYED THIS!!!

Unless you posted exactly the same on another board, or I never clicked the SAVE button

if you say you have power at the end of fuse link, check for power on: ( probably you already made but could be helpfull to another members )

-Red wire at amm stud ( thats the direct wire coming from fuse link )... if powered:

-oppossite side of amm stud hooked a black wire there... if powered:

-Red wire at ign switch, batt side of fuse block ( you have a built in terminal there ) and headlights switch black wire.... those wires are spliced from the black wire hooked on ammeter what is the wire tht runs up to alt stud.

IMHO if is not fuse link loosen or forward lights harness loosen, Could it be ammeter blowed  :scratchchin:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html