News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Set the thermostat at 60 and put your sweats on

Started by bull, October 12, 2005, 04:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fast4u

What exactly is a "chord" of wood....first time I've heard that!   Now I buy what most people around here call a "rick" of firewood and the fella I buy it from brings a heapin' pickup(longbed) load and fills up our front porch....and that costs us $80.00.  Lasts us for about 2 months depending on how cold it gets outside!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RECHRGD

Quote from: 2fast4u on October 17, 2005, 08:23:31 PM
What exactly is a "chord" of wood....first time I've heard that! Now I buy what most people around here call a "rick" of firewood and the fella I buy it from brings a heapin' pickup(longbed) load and fills up our front porch....and that costs us $80.00. Lasts us for about 2 months depending on how cold it gets outside!

2fast

A cord of wood is a 4'X4'X8' stack of burnable logs. Or 128 sq. ft. of logs. Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

SirNik73

wood is the way to go. when i was a kid thats all we had. my dad built a huge woodstove in our living room and put a second smaller one in the the rec room at the other end of the house. normaly with just the one in the living room the house stayed warm. but on the cold night we could start the second one. when i was about 15 my parents split up and it was just me and my dad. when i was in high school i took up living in the rec room because it was next to the front door and i could get in and out of the house with out waking my dad. my dad would leave for months at a time for busseness trips in Mexico and i would just live in the rec room with the doors closed running that one wood stove. i had a lotta fun in that house. always party going on! and i miss the hell outta that wood stove, i could make the room like 80-90 degrees when it was flooding outside! o yeah, my dad works for Calpine (Geothermal Power Producer in Northern California) that are always cutting down trees in order to drill for steam. every fall we cut wood up there for free! it was a hell of a lotta work, but it made for a nice winter.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD