News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You never know what the dawn will bring

Started by Guns N Rotors, October 12, 2005, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guns N Rotors

This morning my boss called me and asked if I could work "real late" tonite. I told him "sure, what's up?"
He said that he couldn't say but, would you work for free? It's really important....

To make a long story short, Extreme Home Makeover is doing a house in Boardman, Ohio. I am going to
demolish the house with an excavator at 2:30AM this morning. This is unreal....

After the meeting this morning with the production crew...I was taken to the house to see what was needed.
I got to meet the host, Ty Pentington (SP?) and planned out the demo work...

I'll keep you guys posted!
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

ramit

Charger4404spd

Ty is a big celebrity now. Cool thing to get to do. Let us know when the episode airs.

Recharger

That's cool!   :thumbs:

I know I'm just renting, but could you put in a word for me and see if they'll makeover this dump?  Or at least pimp my ride?

694spdRT

Quote from: Charger4404spd on October 12, 2005, 05:56:33 PM
Ty is a big celebrity now. 

Thanks Steve, I didn't realize I was so popular.   :icon_smile_big:

Seriously, congratulations Guns! Do you think you will make it onto the episode?

I have not followed that show much and I liked him better on Trading Spaces....I really only watched for Genevieve though. :drool5:

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Guns N Rotors

OK, here is what I know. The house is is being done for a guy in his 30's. He has three little girls, ages are
6, 3, and 8 months. He and his wife always watched this show on Sunday nights after they put the kids to bed.
On Mother's day of this year, they put the kids to bed, watched the show and went to sleep...She died of a
brain anurism that night, in her sleep...

Friends of the family wrote to the producers and told the story...They have been selected for Total Home Makeover.
After I went to the meeting at 7:00 AM and was told the story....well, you understand.

I am going to be on site at 10:30 PM to get the excavator from Nations Rent. After the utilities are shut off, I'm going to totally demolish the house, load out the debris and get the hell out of the way!

The construction of the new house is going to start on Friday morning...Totally finished on Wed. afternoon!
Wed. night, they are going to unvail the house to the family...Kid Rock is going to present a new Harley to
the father and play a three song concert, with Phantom Fireworks putting on a $200,000 fireworks display.

I am in udder disbelief that I am going to be a part of this...It is an honor...I will take pic's and keep you guys posted!!!
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Khyron

UN freaking believable! Very cool!!!!!

Bring your mopar and get it on the show!

and we need inside information, is i really a surprise to the family? Do they know in advance, that kind of stuff!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Khyron on October 12, 2005, 07:54:29 PM

and we need inside information, is i really a surprise to the family? Do they know in advance, that kind of stuff!

:iagree:

Congrats man! :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TruckDriver

Quote from: Khyron on October 12, 2005, 07:54:29 PM

:iagree: :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

BrianShaughnessy

Sounds really cool!   Good luck and Congrats!    :icon_smile_cool:

If you see Kid Rock,  tell him a Charger owner from Armada (that's me!)  said hi!

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Telvis

Wow! That's really cool. It's amazing how fast everything happened for you. Yesterday you had no idea. Today you were smack in the middle of things. Pretty incredible.

4cruzin

WOW that sounds really flippin' cool!!  So where are you or what state is this in??  Kid Rock lives about 1/2 hour form me. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

RD

there is nothing better than the gift of giving.  God bless ya GNR, make sure that man has a good house for his kids!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

Awesome gesture. It's fun to take part in something so selfless, isn't it?

Lowprofile

Giving is good for the Heart & Soul.  Enjoy your day!  And get pics! :angel: :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

BigBlockSam

very cool and a nice thing to do  :2thumbs:

QuoteGenevieve though.

:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Wakko

Hopefully the dude doesn't kill himself on the Harley.   :icon_smile_dead:

I think it's great that the show is doing such a huge thing for this family.  The tragedy of losing a wife and a mother is unthinkable.   :'(
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

41husk

Cool! let us know when it will be on.  I have never seen the show.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

NYCMille

Good for you man... it always feels good helping out someone in need! :yesnod:

Guns N Rotors

Plumcrazy

If anyone is interested a local radio station that has streaming audio on the web is doing a live broadcast from the construction site 10/14 between 10am and 2pm eastern.

It's www.cd933.com

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Guns N Rotors

OK, here it goes. I had to park three miles from the site and take a shuttle bus. I got the keys to the
excavator at 11:45 last night and unloaded it in a parking lot a block away. In this parking lot they are
building the house in sections. The walls and roof are done...they just move it over to the site and crane
it in place. Gordon Tree Service cut down the trees all night long. We went over the house one more time
and planned the demo work... I have 40 minutes to smash the house into the basement and remove the
disbris into 16 tri-axel trucks. They have this planned out to the minute.

The crazy part of all this is the gawkers! There are people everyware. These people start screaming at the
bus that Ty rides in! There are news crews from all over. The production crew has stadium type lights
that turn night into day. Unreal.

Recharger

40 Minutes?   Damn!   I think you should talk to your union rep and remind them that you're due a 10 minute break in there somewhere.    Â :icon_smile_big:   So do you get to go to the concert & fireworks when it's all done?   Sounds cool.   Be sure to get some screen time so we can up our dc.com celebrity count to 3.   Or was it 4.   I lost track.

----------------------------------

Quote from: Wakko on October 13, 2005, 01:40:28 AM
Hopefully the dude doesn't kill himself on the Harley.    Â :icon_smile_dead:
That's harsh, man. :icon_smile_wink:

mustanghater

did you do a garage at roaming shores in pats few months? their was a white charger and was wondering if it was a member.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Charger_Fan

Geez, how did I miss this awesome thread? :shruggy:

Congrats Guns, this whole thing is pretty friggin' cool!! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

golden73

Looks like we have another celeb here  ;)

That sounds like such a great thing to be a part of

Guns N Rotors

OK, my part is done. Got on site at 6:30 AM and waited, and waited, and waited.
At 11:30 AM I tore the house down. I had a producer hanging on my machine screaming in my ear.
Now! Now! Now!...Stop! Stop! OK Go ,GO GO!

Everything went smoothly, but two things. I woke up this morning with a head cold. Felt awful all day.
As soon as we tore into the house, the Fire Dept started hosing down the house! I was soaked :icon_smile_dead:

After I was finished, the one producer showed me some of the tapes...I guess I could stand to lose 10 or 20 pounds.

Check this out

http://www.wytv.com/news/local/1787426.html

Silver R/T

cool you get to be on the show and working for free that's honorable of you
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TruckDriver

The videos wouldnt work for me :( Anyway, this may be a dumb question, but, I hope before they had you destroy the old house, they removed ALL their personal belongings?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Guns N Rotors

Yes, they removed all their belongings. This was a 70 year old house... it had nice solid oak doors and 6'' trim.
It was a shame that stuff couldn't be removed...no time. As soon as I finished the disbris removal, Concrete
trucks and pumpers moved in. Amazing

Guns N Rotors

I found a new link...

http://www.wytv.com/news/local/1791196.html

I'm in the bigger excavator. You can see the firemen hosing me down :image_294343:

NHCharger

Must feel great to be involved in a project like that.
One question. I read a thread recently about the people who got their car "done" on the show Overhaulin' having to pay a gift tax. The G.I. that came home from Iraq and had his car done owes the IRS and State of CA 15k in taxes and is selling his car. Do the families that get their homes "done" face the same tax problems?  I've watched the show a few times and the difference from the old house to the new one must run in the 100k+ range.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Guns N Rotors

NH,

I found out that the bank that held the families' morgage has forgiven the loan on the house.
The bank has also offered to loan the family the money needed for taxes at a low interest rate
for whatever term he can afford.

I am going back tonite for "one small detail". I will remember the camera and take pics of the finished
house. The show is going to be on TV around Thanksgiving time.

There are a few surprises that I have left out... you just have to watch the show!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Guns N Rotors on October 18, 2005, 04:04:19 PM
NH,

I found out that the bank that held the families' morgage has forgiven the loan on the house.
The bank has also offered to loan the family the money needed for taxes at a low interest rate
for whatever term he can afford.

I am going back tonite for "one small detail". I will remember the camera and take pics of the finished
house. The show is going to be on TV around Thanksgiving time.

There are a few suprises that I have left out... you just have to watch the show!

that surprise just might be you're charger in the driveway...??
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Guns N Rotors

that surprise just might be you're charger in the driveway...??

Nope... The people who worked on this project are not the focus of the show....the family is.
If you are into motorcycles, well, you'll see!!!

ChgrSteve67

Pictures ??

Naked pictures of Genevieve would be prefered.

Don't tell me you forgot your camera.

Guns N Rotors

Some pics from Tues. night.

Guns N Rotors

Crazy people standing there at 1:30 AM

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."