News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You never know what the dawn will bring

Started by Guns N Rotors, October 12, 2005, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Geez, how did I miss this awesome thread? :shruggy:

Congrats Guns, this whole thing is pretty friggin' cool!! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

golden73

Looks like we have another celeb here  ;)

That sounds like such a great thing to be a part of

Guns N Rotors

OK, my part is done. Got on site at 6:30 AM and waited, and waited, and waited.
At 11:30 AM I tore the house down. I had a producer hanging on my machine screaming in my ear.
Now! Now! Now!...Stop! Stop! OK Go ,GO GO!

Everything went smoothly, but two things. I woke up this morning with a head cold. Felt awful all day.
As soon as we tore into the house, the Fire Dept started hosing down the house! I was soaked :icon_smile_dead:

After I was finished, the one producer showed me some of the tapes...I guess I could stand to lose 10 or 20 pounds.

Check this out

http://www.wytv.com/news/local/1787426.html
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Silver R/T

cool you get to be on the show and working for free that's honorable of you
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TruckDriver

The videos wouldnt work for me :( Anyway, this may be a dumb question, but, I hope before they had you destroy the old house, they removed ALL their personal belongings?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Guns N Rotors

Yes, they removed all their belongings. This was a 70 year old house... it had nice solid oak doors and 6'' trim.
It was a shame that stuff couldn't be removed...no time. As soon as I finished the disbris removal, Concrete
trucks and pumpers moved in. Amazing
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Guns N Rotors

I found a new link...

http://www.wytv.com/news/local/1791196.html

I'm in the bigger excavator. You can see the firemen hosing me down :image_294343:

NHCharger

Must feel great to be involved in a project like that.
One question. I read a thread recently about the people who got their car "done" on the show Overhaulin' having to pay a gift tax. The G.I. that came home from Iraq and had his car done owes the IRS and State of CA 15k in taxes and is selling his car. Do the families that get their homes "done" face the same tax problems?  I've watched the show a few times and the difference from the old house to the new one must run in the 100k+ range.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Guns N Rotors

NH,

I found out that the bank that held the families' morgage has forgiven the loan on the house.
The bank has also offered to loan the family the money needed for taxes at a low interest rate
for whatever term he can afford.

I am going back tonite for "one small detail". I will remember the camera and take pics of the finished
house. The show is going to be on TV around Thanksgiving time.

There are a few surprises that I have left out... you just have to watch the show!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Guns N Rotors on October 18, 2005, 04:04:19 PM
NH,

I found out that the bank that held the families' morgage has forgiven the loan on the house.
The bank has also offered to loan the family the money needed for taxes at a low interest rate
for whatever term he can afford.

I am going back tonite for "one small detail". I will remember the camera and take pics of the finished
house. The show is going to be on TV around Thanksgiving time.

There are a few suprises that I have left out... you just have to watch the show!

that surprise just might be you're charger in the driveway...??
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Guns N Rotors

that surprise just might be you're charger in the driveway...??

Nope... The people who worked on this project are not the focus of the show....the family is.
If you are into motorcycles, well, you'll see!!!

ChgrSteve67

Pictures ??

Naked pictures of Genevieve would be prefered.

Don't tell me you forgot your camera.

Guns N Rotors

Some pics from Tues. night.

Guns N Rotors

Crazy people standing there at 1:30 AM

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."