News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauge and headlights

Started by dd44068, April 16, 2008, 05:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd44068

I was just wondering I need to replace my temp gauge and possibly my fuel gauge. Also I need to replace my headlight switch. I have never done this before and was wondering if there are any tricks that I should know about before starting. It looks simple enough but I would rather get an awnser from some of you more expierenced with this. Thanks in advance Dom

hutch

are you sure your gauges are busted and not your sending units?  Most of the time its your sending units that need to be replaced.  Light dimmer switch might be an issue with a ground wire.  I would test things out to see exactly where things are not working before replacing them.  It might just be ground issues with your gauges as well. 
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

68charger383

Heres a great thread on removing the switches and on page 2 the cluster. I just pulled mine...remember there is a 5th screw behind the dash medallion if you have a 68...forgot that one and spent an hour trying to figure out why my cluster wasn't coming out.  :brickwall:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37999.0/topicseen.html
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

myk

Wow, do you actually have a replacement headlight switch?  Those are impossible to come by.  There are obviously used ones but those tend to be worse than the switch you already have...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"